Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Exam Resources (newbies READ this) (And before asking a question, USE SEARCH FEATURE)
Just ran across this site that appears to be brimming over with quality, free content on many of the courses we all want to test out of:

Course Topics at Free-Ed.Net

Some of the content is written, and some is video.

I'm going to use it for my next two CLEPs, Principles of Management and American Literature.
Scholar Interrupted Wrote:Just ran across this site that appears to be brimming over with quality, free content on many of the courses we all want to test out of:

Course Topics at Free-Ed.Net

Some of the content is written, and some is video.

I'm going to use it for my next two CLEPs, Principles of Management and American Literature.

Wow, this site looks totally awesome. thanks so much! I'm studying at UTA btw Wink
I'm new here. Would someone be so kind and tell me where to find the exams so I can practice? I cant find them any where.

Thank you
Mckeen Wrote:where to find the exams so I can practice?

Hi!

This is my favorite question to answer. Practice tests really help me to learn the exam material well.

First, you need to find a copy of the Official CLEP Study Guide. That will give you a list of topics and sample questions for every exam. This will be the best gauge of when you’re ready to take an exam.

There are other study books that have helpful practice tests, also, such as REA (REA Online - Making The World Smarter).

Often when Peterson’s tests are mentioned, they are talking about the Peterson’s online practice tests. If you are in the military, someone here can help you with the access info needed to take them for free.

Two recent threads for free Peterson’s online (and some printable) practice tests (CLEP/DSST + ebooks):

http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...ement.html

http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...brary.html

If you use the idea in the second link, I would suggest checking your local library and any large affiliated libraries in nearby big cities.

This google search can help, too:

library "testing and education resource center" - Google Search

The threads I posted above can be used by civilians to access Peterson’s practice tests.

Peterson's also has a free ebook called "Peterson's CLEP Success", which has review/teaching material for the 5 general CLEP exams and multiple practice tests for each - English Composition, Humanities, College Mathematics, Natural Sciences, Social Sciences and History.

I have also posted more about DSST/DANTES practice exams here:

http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post53500

"DSST: The Official Test Preparation Guide" is a 400 page ebook, which is on Peterson's website, with 2 practice tests for each of 8 exams. http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post67206

Also, get the official DSST Fact Sheets with covered topics and sample questions, which can be downloaded for free at DSST - GetCollegeCredit.com

If you are planning to take a GRE Subject Exam for credit, the official website offers a free practice exam for each subject in their download library - GRE Subject Tests: Download Library

*****Note: Excelsior is currently considering whether to continue to offer GREs for credit. Be sure to check with Excelsior about this opportunity which may still be available! Also check the policies at Charter Oak and Empire State, if you plan to take the Subject GRE for credit.*****
See the GRE thread for more recent info: http://degreeforum.net/mybb/showthread.php?tid=5898

Hope this helps! Best wishes on your exams!

NAP
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
maria Wrote:First of all i register for Peterson's sample and exam and nothing happen. They want 19.99 per individual subject. At least InstantCert lets you study many subjects at a time.

Also; you should check your links before posting them. They do not work. Click on it.

http://www.getcollegecredit.com/04le...tml#factsheets

I was wondering if you had looked at the threads for free Petersons.
I would really suggest doing it! Here they are!
Free Peterson's at the Library
Link to Free Peterson's Test (Read the info in the first post on this one. You have to go to the Peterson's site through the link every time you want to take a test!)
Hope this helps!
[SIZE="4"]Nick[/SIZE]

CC:
Principles of Macroeconomics
Principles of Microeconomics
Music Fundamentals
Computer Literacy

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Taken:
English Composition w/ Essay CLEP 57
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature CLEP 65
Introductory Psychology CLEP 57
Western Civilization I CLEP 55[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Studying for:
Principles of Management
American Government
kev1j Wrote:Check this out

Distance Education - Free Telecourses - Get College Credit

Good Luck.........

Great Site !
[SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"][SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"][SIZE="4"][SIZE="4"][FONT="Arial Narrow"]"Oh, get a job? Just get a job? Why don't I strap on my job helmet, and squeeze down into a job cannon and fire off into job land, where jobs grow on jobbies!" Its always sunny in Philadelphia.

[SIZE="1"][FONT="Arial Narrow"]tesc credit banked
FEMA IS courses- alot

Aleks completed-many of them

Cleps:Spanish 67

Associates in psychology UOP
TESC BA in psychology[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

attempting currently
Masters in counseling
This may be answered somewhere else in the forum, but I am anxious to know how closely the flash cards simulate the actual tests questions. If one gets throught the flash card questions comfortably, do you still need to review addtional resources? I am taking my first Dantes - Principles of Supervision. Thanks for any suggestions!
April
iris2009 Wrote:This may be answered somewhere else in the forum, but I am anxious to know how closely the flash cards simulate the actual tests questions. If one gets throught the flash card questions comfortably, do you still need to review addtional resources? I am taking my first Dantes - Principles of Supervision. Thanks for any suggestions!
April
Although I did not take that exam, in general it is best to use at least 2 resources to prepare for your test. The flashcards are a very very valuble tool, and for some exams they may be enough to pass, but it is highly advisable to supplement them with another resource.
Good luck, and welcome to the forum!
oh, and i forgot, the specific exam feedback is one of the most valuble ways to prepare for your test. Use it for all its worth.
Here is a website with free practice tests for the 5 General CLEP exams.
CLEP College Mathematics Practice Tests
CLEP English Composition Practice Tests
CLEP Humanities Practice Tests
CLEP Natural Sciences Practice Tests
CLEP Social Sciences and History Practice Tests
You have to register but its free!

Learn a Test

This place also has a lot of AP exam prep!
AP Biology Practice Exams
AP Calculus AB Practice Exams
AP Chemistry Practice Exams
AP English Language and Composition Practice Exams
AP European History Practice Exams
AP U.S. Government Practice Exams
AP U.S. History Practice Exams
[SIZE="4"]Nick[/SIZE]

CC:
Principles of Macroeconomics
Principles of Microeconomics
Music Fundamentals
Computer Literacy

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Taken:
English Composition w/ Essay CLEP 57
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature CLEP 65
Introductory Psychology CLEP 57
Western Civilization I CLEP 55[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Studying for:
Principles of Management
American Government

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question about course credit Grinddude 20 647 11-02-2019, 08:44 AM
Last Post: Grinddude
  New Spanish CLEP Exam with Writing JWells247 3 183 10-24-2019, 10:06 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  DSST Substance Abuse - Question Re: IC Flashcard Info vs. Peterson's Tests SuZQ2 14 1,331 10-23-2019, 05:05 PM
Last Post: RNCMO
  WGU class difficulty question.... AwardTour 3 193 10-21-2019, 09:01 AM
Last Post: JoshDosMil
  Credit Storage Question Elizabeth A 2 209 10-02-2019, 08:47 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Need Help with A&P Exam Materials 2L8 2 180 09-08-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Nursing Preresquites Question 2L8 6 294 09-08-2019, 12:18 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Question about RPNow vs ProctorU Imbanewbie 15 796 08-25-2019, 09:18 PM
Last Post: cecilgambe7
  Free voucher valid for any DSST exam NolaRice 5 433 08-21-2019, 08:36 PM
Last Post: NolaRice
  Updated Easiest Exam Thread-Everybody List Exams Taken with a 60+ Score Using Only IC steelers 377 132,211 07-28-2019, 10:03 AM
Last Post: ajazzie