Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excelsior Advisor/ Academic Plan
(10-09-2018, 10:37 AM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote:
(10-09-2018, 07:15 AM)GonnaGraduate Wrote:
(10-09-2018, 12:38 AM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote: Those anthropology courses look interesting where did you take those if you dont mind me asking.

Edited: because I swear I can spell.
Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Modesto Junior College.  The Professor is now the VP of Student Services and doesn't teach it anymore.  All of his classes were very fun and interesting.  

GG
Thanks for responding. I've never seen those before and I'd would take them just because lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It's been awhile but I remember one part of the class focusing on Voodoo and Mama Lola of New Orleans (I believe she is still alive and kicking.) Email him, I'm sure he would give you some books to read.   Big Grin
Community College - 39 Credits
Excelsior/ECE - Information Literacy, World Conflicts After 1900, Research Methods in Psychology, Weather and Climate, Workplace Communication with Computers, Labor Relations, Abnormal Psychology, Social Psychology
CLEP - Analyzing and Interpreting Literature, Introduction to Sociology, Introduction to Psychology, Introduction to Educational Psychology
DSST - Ethics of America, Principals of Supervision, Health and Human Development, Human Resources Management, The Civil War and Reconstruction, Substance Abuse, Environmental Science, History of the Soviet Union
Study.Com - Psychology 312: History and Systems of Psychology, Communications 102: Interpersonal Communications, Psychology 315: Psychology of Motivation, English 105: English Composition II, History 108: History of the Vietnam War, Statistics 101: Principles of Statistics
(10-08-2018, 05:16 PM)GonnaGraduate Wrote:
(10-08-2018, 08:50 AM)Kima Wrote:
(10-07-2018, 01:48 AM)GonnaGraduate Wrote: To all,

I want to get a BS in Psychology.  I enrolled early because I wanted to have an academic plan that I know would be okayed by the university.  I I'm not paying any enrollment fees or semester fees because I'll be taking more than 12 units with them this academic year (through UExcel Exams.) Thank you for your help.

GG

You might want to confirm that UExcel exams are counted in the 12 units required to avoid avoid the enrollment fees.  I don't believe they were when I went there.  Only actual Excelsior courses counted. 

As for if they will tell you how to test out, it is unlikely they will give you a plan for testing out.  You will need to have a plan and get the courses/exams approved.  They will offer some suggestions for testing out of some specific courses if you question them enough about it.  They will automatically approve courses from Excelsior that fit the remaining requirements first.  At least that was my experience.

Good luck!

Thank you!!  Okay I will work with you all to come up with a plan. 

I was told that UExcel, and other testing out options would count by the admissions officer and I think I have that somewhere in writing.  I called asking which one to choose (Excelsior or Multi Course -Multi course being where you pay for enrollment) and I was told that the UExcel and other testing options would count towards those credits needed.  That only people coming in with less than 12 credits before they graduated should choose that option.  Was I lied to?  I haven't enrolled in any classes yet and I can change that option if necessary (I'm hoping.)  I can't get a hold of anyone today because of the holiday.  

Either way I'm gonna kick getting this Bachelors in the butt.

GG

Girl no.. my advisor is Samantha at Excelsior and I told her exactly what i wanted to do and she basically emailed me a game plan on how to achieve it.  Just tell you advisor your goal and ask how can you make it happen. Thats their job and thats what they want to do so they are their to help you. Samantha referred me to take most of my course i can at straighterline than move to either clep or study.com
[-] The following 1 user Likes Daijar's post:
  • Life Long Learning
(11-23-2018, 01:44 PM)Daijar Wrote:
(10-08-2018, 05:16 PM)GonnaGraduate Wrote:
(10-08-2018, 08:50 AM)Kima Wrote:
(10-07-2018, 01:48 AM)GonnaGraduate Wrote: To all,

I want to get a BS in Psychology.  I enrolled early because I wanted to have an academic plan that I know would be okayed by the university.  I I'm not paying any enrollment fees or semester fees because I'll be taking more than 12 units with them this academic year (through UExcel Exams.) Thank you for your help.

GG

You might want to confirm that UExcel exams are counted in the 12 units required to avoid avoid the enrollment fees.  I don't believe they were when I went there.  Only actual Excelsior courses counted. 

As for if they will tell you how to test out, it is unlikely they will give you a plan for testing out.  You will need to have a plan and get the courses/exams approved.  They will offer some suggestions for testing out of some specific courses if you question them enough about it.  They will automatically approve courses from Excelsior that fit the remaining requirements first.  At least that was my experience.

Good luck!

Thank you!!  Okay I will work with you all to come up with a plan. 

I was told that UExcel, and other testing out options would count by the admissions officer and I think I have that somewhere in writing.  I called asking which one to choose (Excelsior or Multi Course -Multi course being where you pay for enrollment) and I was told that the UExcel and other testing options would count towards those credits needed.  That only people coming in with less than 12 credits before they graduated should choose that option.  Was I lied to?  I haven't enrolled in any classes yet and I can change that option if necessary (I'm hoping.)  I can't get a hold of anyone today because of the holiday.  

Either way I'm gonna kick getting this Bachelors in the butt.

GG

Girl no.. my advisor is Samantha at Excelsior and I told her exactly what i wanted to do and she basically emailed me a game plan on how to achieve it.  Just tell you advisor your goal and ask how can you make it happen. Thats their job and thats what they want to do so they are their to help you. Samantha referred me to take most of my course i can at straighterline than move to either clep or study.com

100% agree!  I did the same with my Excelsior Advisor.  I had different issues, but he came thru. Big Grin
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Payment Plan Robinred2404 3 228 03-25-2024, 09:50 PM
Last Post: Robinred2404
  Excelsior BSLA - Upper Level Credits Robinred2404 7 411 03-18-2024, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Robinred2404
  Has excelsior accepted CSM math recently? CM1999 6 938 01-11-2024, 10:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  So disappointed in Excelsior. Should I bail or suck it up for the last class? profstudent 22 5,586 12-06-2023, 02:03 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  New Change to Enrollment at Excelsior U. -- Not Good milah1 12 1,648 10-20-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Excelsior University BS in Liberal Arts Upper Credit Transfer Options Niketay 13 2,319 07-05-2023, 10:22 AM
  Excelsior University to Ivey League ----> RichestLiberalArtsMajor 5 1,338 06-06-2023, 09:32 AM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  OTmina - Excelsior Degree Plan OTmina 28 4,078 05-16-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: OTmina
  Plan for EU BSBA memyselfni 6 1,100 05-16-2023, 07:37 AM
  Excelsior Capstone Risa 6 1,738 04-30-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: new2this