Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excelsior - BA in Psychology
I am planning to pursue a BA in Psychology from Excelsior and, given the changes to their program, I have some questions. Like most of us, I want to test out of as much as I can, but that isn't completely possible with this degree.

My questions are for those of you who have looked into this or have enrolled after the 2007 changes to this program:

1. Is CLEP Introduction to Education Psychology accepted for the Cognitive Bases requirement? I thought maybe not, as the program information says "upper level courses" and this exam is listed as lower level. If it doesn't apply, is there one that does?

2. What are options for meeting the core requirement for "History & Systems/History of Psychology/Psychology Foundations," given that Excelsior doesn't appear to offer a course in this area?

3. As with question 2, what options are available for meeting the requirement to take a course in one of these areas, also apparently not offered by Excelsior: "Biological & Physiological Foundations: Biopsychology, Physiological psychology, Animal Behavior, Comparative Psychology, Perception, Sensation, Neuroscience"?

I'm going to be starting near the beginning, so I wouldn't be pursuing my upper level classes immediately. Even so, I'd like to plan out a road map. Unfortuantely, the literature from Excelsior has me scratching my head!

All help greatly appreciated.

-Alix
Others can more readily answer most of your questions concerning Excelsior policies. Keep in mind of the GRE Psychology exam. While definitely a difficult exam, for $130 you can net up to 30 credits of Psychology and take care of the vast majority of your major.
[SIZE="1"]CLEP exams passed:
Management, Accounting, Marketing, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics

DSST exams passed:
Human Resources Management, Organizational Behavior, Statistics, Management Information Systems

Earned:
B.A. in Business Administration: Technology Management from Saint Leo University

M.S. in Leadership: Business Ethics from Duquesne University [/SIZE]
That's a good idea. I'm not sure how Excelsior calculates what the credits go to (meaning, do they distribute them among psychology courses in a specific way) but it sounds like the best plan so far. Thanks for reminding me about that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Member - Need Assistance With TESU Psychology Plan joshyjosh 7 2,227 08-05-2018, 10:01 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Excelsior HR Degree Progress glgamerica 6 1,828 07-31-2018, 10:44 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Excelsior: ALEKS Beginning Algebra duplicates ... bluebooger 13 3,168 07-26-2018, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Exfactor
  Excelsior College 47th Annual Commencement - 12 Year Old Graduate Life Long Learning 16 4,924 07-26-2018, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Excelsior homeschoolmom1 1 1,293 07-20-2018, 11:10 AM
Last Post: hsfamfun
  Excelsior homeschoolmom1 0 962 07-19-2018, 02:06 PM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  Excelsior annual fees homeschoolmom1 1 1,262 07-14-2018, 11:27 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Psychology courses & grad school prospects. advancedmemetics 5 1,740 07-06-2018, 11:35 AM
Last Post: sanantone
Photo Shmoop Excelsior Evaluations In ReyMysterioso 0 1,775 06-27-2018, 10:20 AM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Excelsior College awarded 245K for Advanced Nuclear Project Life Long Learning 1 1,219 06-25-2018, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning