Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excelsior BUS599 Captsone
On Monday I will be starting my last course(?) for Excelsior College which is the BUS599 Capstone course for a Masters in Management.

Has anyone else taken this course?

Is it a group project? (I really hate group projects because I inevitably end up doing a majority of the work)

Is it formatted like a typical Excelsior course with discussion questions and weekly papers due?

I heard that they pull the course material for this course from Harvard; is it more difficult than typical Excelsior course material?

I hate going into something without knowing what I'm getting into, and I'm going into this one completely blind. If anyone has done this capstone or any of the business captsones, then I'd appreciate some help. My business adviser knew nothing, which I found a bit ridiculous. How in the world do you advise people on what courses they should take if you don't even know what the course content looks like?
How much is your masters at EC costing you?
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
To be honest, I haven't kept up with the cost. It's been 100% paid for with my Post 9/11 GI bill.
Makes sense. Most people on the board usually do grad school elsewhere due to cost. But it sounds like your plan is the way to go. If no one chimes in please provide feedback on your experience.
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
Just figured I'd update this in case someone else wanted to know this information for future reference.

So it turns out that the Capstone for a Masters in Management at EC (BUS599) is just like 99% of business classes. 1 Discussion question per week (although it's more in depth than many other classes). 1 Paper due per week. No Quizzes in this class. Add on top of that, there is also a business simulation which we must take part in that is provided by Harvard Business Review. This simulation means that 4 out of the 8 weeks of class there will be two papers due instead of one.

We do the simulation, but it's not graded, and we write papers about the simulation and our experience with it. In most other schools, they grade simulation, so I find that part a bit odd, but then again, I'm great at writing papers since my undergrad is in English Lit, so no harm there for me.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior HR Degree Progress glgamerica 6 1,801 07-31-2018, 10:44 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Excelsior: ALEKS Beginning Algebra duplicates ... bluebooger 13 3,135 07-26-2018, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Exfactor
  Excelsior College 47th Annual Commencement - 12 Year Old Graduate Life Long Learning 16 4,858 07-26-2018, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Excelsior homeschoolmom1 1 1,265 07-20-2018, 11:10 AM
Last Post: hsfamfun
  Excelsior homeschoolmom1 0 945 07-19-2018, 02:06 PM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  Excelsior annual fees homeschoolmom1 1 1,241 07-14-2018, 11:27 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
Photo Shmoop Excelsior Evaluations In ReyMysterioso 0 1,749 06-27-2018, 10:20 AM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Excelsior College awarded 245K for Advanced Nuclear Project Life Long Learning 1 1,202 06-25-2018, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Excelsior College ranked #1 Life Long Learning 11 3,341 06-21-2018, 07:57 PM
Last Post: miah
  Quick Question about Excelsior hsfamfun 5 1,815 06-21-2018, 03:05 PM
Last Post: radconjohn