Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
? Excelsior College Math Course
Has anyone here actually taken the course College Math 113 at Excelsior? I just enrolled in that course that starts in November and I have to say that by looking at the book, it is not even remedial algebra. It looks more like 5th Grade or Middle School math.
Adding and Substracting Fractions, real basic stuff. Am I looking at an easy "A" with this course?
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]
I hope so'

My MATH 125 with AMU was difficult, but doable.

Let us know how it goes!
CCAF-AS Logistics Management
CCAF-AS Bio-Environmental Science
Cerro Coso Community College-AS Administration of Justice
Excelsior College-BS Criminal Justice-2008
TESC-BA Liberal Studies-2009
2 Different Bachelor Degrees completed in under 2 years!
I talked to the Excelsior Counselor on the Base and she told me that the College Mathematics is good for a BA/BS but I would have to take College Algebra for a Masters Program. I guess there's no escaping Algebra. Sad

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

hi, newbie here. I take it you guys are either military or prior? Can you guys guide me to choose the right school or easiest and quickest credits? I almost enrolled to AIU and South but decided to try to clep first. I had previously enrolled to TESC. I'm not really into the IC study guide because its all fill in the blank and i rather have to choose multiple choice, which i can learn faster by choosing the answer.
ajusaf Wrote:hi, newbie here. I take it you guys are either military or prior? Can you guys guide me to choose the right school or easiest and quickest credits? I almost enrolled to AIU and South but decided to try to clep first. I had previously enrolled to TESC. I'm not really into the IC study guide because its all fill in the blank and i rather have to choose multiple choice, which i can learn faster by choosing the answer.

If you are not really into IC, I would tell you to give it another look. I passed most of my CLEPs and DSSTs using Instantcert. However if you like multiple choice type studying, try the Petersons website, Home
I enrolled at Excelsior because they gave me more college credit for my military training. I'm assuming that TESC would do the same for me but I'm going to stick with EC. Now, as far as the easiest and quickest credit, I'd tell you to look over the "Specific Exam Feedback" section of this forum. Check what everyone posted about the exams. The exams that might be easy for me, might not be easy for you or vise versa. So read over the section, and start knocking out those CLEPs and DSSTs.

CLEPs Passed
DSSTs Passed

clep101 Wrote:Has anyone here actually taken the course College Math 113 at Excelsior? I just enrolled in that course that starts in November and I have to say that by looking at the book, it is not even remedial algebra. It looks more like 5th Grade or Middle School math.
Adding and Substracting Fractions, real basic stuff. Am I looking at an easy "A" with this course?

I just completed this course last week, and there is a brief intro to algebra in the last few weeks. I almost think this course shouldn't count for college credit, as it is a basic refresher course at best. My 8th grade daughter is doing more difficult math right now.
Will you please give me some more information about this course? What kind of assignments are given? How many? How are they turned in? Is there online class participation? How much does it cost? Do you need to go to a special place for a proctored exam? I appreciate you taking the time to help!

Danielle
clep101 Wrote:I talked to the Excelsior Counselor on the Base and she told me that the College Mathematics is good for a BA/BS but I would have to take College Algebra for a Masters Program. I guess there's no escaping Algebra. Sad
>>

Depends on your masters. Your masters is like taking classes all in the same subject, so you might not need a single math class ever again! :o)
What field are you thinking about?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com College Credits UnbreakablyDetermined 2 1,837 08-27-2018, 05:44 PM
Last Post: allvia
  TESU math degree plan. Am I doing this right? jakepg 9 2,681 08-23-2018, 09:20 PM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  Excelsior HR Degree Progress glgamerica 6 1,820 07-31-2018, 10:44 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Excelsior: ALEKS Beginning Algebra duplicates ... bluebooger 13 3,157 07-26-2018, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Exfactor
  Excelsior College 47th Annual Commencement - 12 Year Old Graduate Life Long Learning 16 4,907 07-26-2018, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Excelsior homeschoolmom1 1 1,277 07-20-2018, 11:10 AM
Last Post: hsfamfun
  Excelsior homeschoolmom1 0 955 07-19-2018, 02:06 PM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  Excelsior annual fees homeschoolmom1 1 1,255 07-14-2018, 11:27 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
Photo Shmoop Excelsior Evaluations In ReyMysterioso 0 1,767 06-27-2018, 10:20 AM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Excelsior College awarded 245K for Advanced Nuclear Project Life Long Learning 1 1,214 06-25-2018, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning