Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excelsior College ranked #1
Excelsior College ranked #1 Big Grin

COSC #8
TESU #96 Huh

https://www.collegefactual.com/rankings/...aditional/
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

I'm in Excelsior

no way I would rank it #1

ridiculously overpriced

garbage website

wish I had chosen COSC or WGU
That HAS to be ranked on Excelsior's advertising budget LOL
Community College: College Success Skills | Gen. Psychology | Span 1 | Eng. 101 | Accounting 1 | Accounting 2 | Comp Skills

Study.com Scholarship: Per. Finance | Prin. of Marketing | Digi. Mark. & Advertising | HR Manage. | Prin. of Finance

The Institutes: Ethics

Sophia: Proj. Management

Straighterline:​ Survey of World History | Principles of Management | MacroEco. | MicroEco. | American Gov | US History 1 | US History 2 | Western Civ 1 | Western Civ 2 | Business Law | Intro to Religion | Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Environ. Science | Intro to Soc

ALEKS: Inter. Algebra | College Algebra | Intro to Stats

TEEX: Cyber 101 | Cyber 201 | Cyber 301

NFA: Fire Service Supervision: Self Study

Certified: Six Sigma Yellow Belt [8 PDU]
(06-01-2018, 07:38 PM)bluebooger Wrote: I'm in Excelsior

no way I would rank it #1

ridiculously overpriced

garbage website

wish I had chosen COSC or WGU

none of the big 3 have what I would call a "good" website. that's one of the most astonishing things i've found since i've come back to school, just how bad the websites are. like you would think someone whose bread and butter is online students would make a decent UI but no.
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

[-] The following 1 user Likes jsh1138's post:
  • Life Long Learning
Excelsior has one of the worst websites I've ever seen for a college. Even the redesign wasn't much of an improvement. COSC's website is pretty bad too; their pages are part of an online catalog. TESU's current design is actually pretty fast compared to most other colleges. I can quickly get to a specific degree program and see the course requirements without having to open up a PDF file. Try going to several university websites and see how long it takes you to find the curriculum for various programs. Then, try searching for tuition and fees.

There are non-traditional students, and there are DegreeForum students. I can't tell you which school is better for someone looking to transfer 30 credits earned in 1989 and finish a degree by taking online courses. Now, if you're interested in ACE and NCCRS credits and know how to work the system...well...I earned four degrees from TESU for a reason.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • bamaboy357
(06-01-2018, 10:42 PM)sanantone Wrote: Excelsior has one of the worst websites I've ever seen for a college. Even the redesign wasn't much of an improvement. COSC's website is pretty bad too; their pages are part of an online catalog. TESU's current design is actually pretty fast compared to most other colleges. I can quickly get to a specific degree program and see the course requirements without having to open up a PDF file. Try going to several university websites and see how long it takes you to find the curriculum for various programs. Then, try searching for tuition and fees.

I agree.  Spend a little time on other college websites, and it's pure torture.  All of them are really bad.  Some are less terrible than others, but it's really rare to find a great one.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(06-01-2018, 11:35 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(06-01-2018, 10:42 PM)sanantone Wrote: Excelsior has one of the worst websites I've ever seen for a college. Even the redesign wasn't much of an improvement. COSC's website is pretty bad too; their pages are part of an online catalog. TESU's current design is actually pretty fast compared to most other colleges. I can quickly get to a specific degree program and see the course requirements without having to open up a PDF file. Try going to several university websites and see how long it takes you to find the curriculum for various programs. Then, try searching for tuition and fees.

I agree.  Spend a little time on other college websites, and it's pure torture.  All of them are really bad.  Some are less terrible than others, but it's really rare to find a great one.

Yep. It took some experience for me to learn the usual places to find tuition and fees, but I still sometimes resort to the search box because tuition rates are hidden in a catalog or unlisted page somewhere. I've found tuition in these sections: bursar, future students, current students, financial aid, admissions, student services, degree program pages, FAQs, inside the net price calculator program, brochures, and an entirely separate state board website.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(06-02-2018, 12:02 AM)sanantone Wrote:
(06-01-2018, 11:35 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

Yep. It took some experience for me to learn the usual places to find tuition and fees, but I still sometimes resort to the search box because tuition rates are hidden in a catalog or unlisted page somewhere. I've found tuition in these sections: bursar, future students, current students, financial aid, admissions, student services, degree program pages, FAQs, inside the net price calculator program, brochures, and an entirely separate state board website.

I agree, tuition has got to be the most hidden aspect of college websites.  Don't even get me started on the stupid net price calculator program!!!  It's the worst thing ever invented.  I find tuition most often in Financial Aid, even if you might not be qualified for financial aid and therefore not think to look there.  Second is admissions.  It is really annoying!   Angry
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I think the criteria for this list had a lot missing data for TESU. And one of the few data points it had listed was starting salary after graduation, which was about 1/2 of that listed for Excelsior. I didn’t locate the actual methodology, but am going by what was displayed for the schools on that website. Most of the stuff for TESU said n/a
Yeah, I've spend a lot of time sniffing around community college websites lately just to see if anything catches my eye. Let me tell you, the big 3 have godlike websites compared to some of the ones I've seen.
TESU BA Liberal Studies /Communications 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com College Credits UnbreakablyDetermined 2 1,835 08-27-2018, 05:44 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Excelsior HR Degree Progress glgamerica 6 1,819 07-31-2018, 10:44 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Excelsior: ALEKS Beginning Algebra duplicates ... bluebooger 13 3,157 07-26-2018, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Exfactor
  Excelsior College 47th Annual Commencement - 12 Year Old Graduate Life Long Learning 16 4,907 07-26-2018, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Excelsior homeschoolmom1 1 1,277 07-20-2018, 11:10 AM
Last Post: hsfamfun
  Excelsior homeschoolmom1 0 955 07-19-2018, 02:06 PM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  Excelsior annual fees homeschoolmom1 1 1,255 07-14-2018, 11:27 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
Photo Shmoop Excelsior Evaluations In ReyMysterioso 0 1,764 06-27-2018, 10:20 AM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Excelsior College awarded 245K for Advanced Nuclear Project Life Long Learning 1 1,213 06-25-2018, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Quick Question about Excelsior hsfamfun 5 1,848 06-21-2018, 03:05 PM
Last Post: radconjohn