Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excelsior Degree Completion w/ diploma, transcript & plan
Yes, your effort is definitely appreciated!!
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
Michael

Thanks for the information is there any chance you could link names of text books you found helpful for the CLEP exams and sites for free education other than instantCert. I'm also looking for a general Business degree. I live in Ireland but will be relocating in 12 months to the USA so I'd like to have a lot of my prepwork done as right now I don't have any credits or cash but I'm working on getting the credit together.

Thanks

Des EI2HCB
EI2HCB Wrote:Michael

Thanks for the information is there any chance you could link names of text books you found helpful for the CLEP exams and sites for free education other than instantCert. I'm also looking for a general Business degree. I live in Ireland but will be relocating in 12 months to the USA so I'd like to have a lot of my prepwork done as right now I don't have any credits or cash but I'm working on getting the credit together.

Thanks

Des EI2HCB

Well--welcome to the forum and congratulations on your decision to get a head start on obtaining your degree. I didn't expect to see this thread pop up again after all these years but I'm glad you found it.

If you click on the individual links for each test in my signature below, you'll find information on how I prepared and some feedback on the exam itself. With regard to textbooks--I didn't use many. On the CLEP site--they give you lists of textbooks for each subject--and the lists are extensive. I strongly recommend that you first use the instantcert flashcards and the specific exam feedback section of this forum that will be available to you once you register for instantcert. That will give you all the info you need to prepare for the exams and succeed in the shortest amount of time per exam.

If you prefer textbooks, in my experience, darn near any one will do as long as it contains the info described in the CLEP exam descriptions at the college board.com site. Hope that helps. Good luck!
My Excelsior Journey
Bachelor of Science in General Business, cum laude
Excelsior College
What an informative post! This post demonstrates why this forun is second to none.......
:hurray:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,204 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,731 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,859 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,344 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  TESU transcript audit says 13 required credits through TESU? Rteurowise 8 2,108 09-05-2018, 01:43 PM
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,675 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  ACE Transcript to TESU zzzz24 10 3,424 08-31-2018, 07:22 PM
Last Post: zzzz24
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,871 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,778 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
Question Does anyone have a copy of a TESU Credit Bank transcript they'd be will to post? Kelly Green 2 2,073 08-30-2018, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green