Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excelsior Literacy Instruction in the Elementary School
Has anyone taken the Excelsior Literacy exam to meet the NYS teacher certification requirements? I need 3 credits in Literacy Instruction and 3 in Literacy Instruction Methods. This 6 credits cover both, right?

Seems like InstantCert hasn't got prep materials for the exam yet. Any ideas or tips for passing?
Took it on the 30th of Oct and passed with an A. An easy 6-credit exam. Be familiar with the glossary.Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes jiajiatai's post:
  • Life Long Learning
Hey, I'm having trouble finding info on prep for this exam.
You said be familiar w/ the glossary--what glossary?
Thanks a lot!
Bill
I'm also seeking NYS certification and would like to take Literacy instruction from Excelsior. Have you taken this test yet? Any feedback would be appreciated,

Thanks.
Pelayo
Has anyone ever taken this exam? I'm wondering if all 4 "recomended" textbooks are really needed. They seem to cover the same material..
I didn't see any info on this test ECE Literacy Instruction in the Elementary School. Did anyone take this test? Any info at all? Anybody?
I am adding this to my list of exams to take the minute my last two exams are done in a few weeks. Rust never sleeps!
Does anyone have any direction on where to get some study info on this? Thanks!
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="6"]Joanne[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"] all exams completed in FEBUARY 2009
Human Growth & Development - 73 English Comp w/ Essay CLEP - 74 Educational Psych - CLEP...69
Social Psychology - TECEP Behavior Modif in Counseling -TECEP
Psychology of Personality - TECEP Experimental Psychology - TECEP Substance Abuse - DSST 441

all exams completed in MARCH 2009
Foundations of Counseling -DSST - 64 ALEKS Statistics for Behavior Sciences Organizational

[U]DONE! Bachelors of Arts in Psychology as of March 10! // Graduated June 2009[/U]

Moving On:
Off to Hawaii to Celebrate- March 14 / Start Masters in Education - April 1 / Praxis 1 - April 27/ Praxis 2 - July 2009 - 190 out of 200
Liberty University - Masters in Teaching - Elementary Ed - 30 credits completed as of February 2010. Love the School, Program, Staff and Courses! GRADUATING IN MAY WITH MASTERS IN TEACHING !

[/SIZE][/SIZE]
Hi, for those of you out there who don't know what to study from- I was advised to use the book "Teaching Children to Read the teacher makes the difference" 5th Edition written by D.Ray Reutzel and Robert B.Cooler. if you go through the entire book really well you should do well. Good Luck!!!!!
http://www.degreeforum.net/61337-post6.html
Bump!! Anyone else done this exam lately? I have copied the links Peace posted and I have two of the recommended Text. I have signed up, but not taken the practice exams. Any further suggestions greatly appreciated
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior is retiring UExcel exams! This month! dfrecore 24 5,786 03-17-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
Information Excelsior College will no longer offer UExcel examinations after August 21, 2022 nomaduser 2 359 11-06-2023, 02:39 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  DSST can't insert school code when remote proctoring. Carnation 1 202 11-01-2023, 10:15 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Excelsior College Writing Cmglaser08 14 1,553 04-19-2022, 12:27 PM
Last Post: Cmglaser08
  Social Psychology course-Excelsior Cmglaser08 0 719 07-15-2021, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Cmglaser08
  Excelsior college writing Cmglaser08 1 820 07-15-2021, 12:56 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  How similar are the UExcel ECE Excelsior practice exams compared to the final? amberwalk 2 1,183 08-21-2020, 09:39 AM
Last Post: jsh1138
  Excelsior Uexcel Microbiology Cheeseburrito 5 2,774 03-02-2019, 08:27 PM
Last Post: cookderosa