Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excelsior More Money For Tuition Out Of The Big Three?
sanantone Wrote:I don't care what those four people think of me because at the end of the day (I already know who some of them are), they are regularly using information I've provided, and it would pain them to give me credit. I've gotten dozens of private messages from people thanking me for my help. I help people earn their degrees; it's a hobby. You aren't going to make me feel bad for helping people for free.

I dumped that boyfriend, but I guess you're just going to ignore that. You are not making yourself look good by calling me a thot and a tranny. What do you know about me that makes me a thot? I'm not even 30, so how am I old? Really? What is wrong with you? Are you seriously going to attack the 30 and 40 year olds who agree with me? What is wrong with them being in their 30s and 40s? What is with this ageism and sexism from a psychology major? You can attack me all you want, but now you're attacking innocent people who have done nothing to you.

[Image: Brain-in-hand.jpg]

Not giving it back to you!

[Image: 129168023705583847.gif]
Grad cert., Applied Behavior Analysis, Ball State University
M.S., in Applied Psychology, Lynn Univeristy
B.S., in Psychology, Excelsior College
A.A., Florida State College at Jacksonville
I wonder what those four people think of you now that it's been demonstrated that you can't get your point across without using foul language and personally attacking innocent people. For those who don't know, "thot" means "that hoe over there." I want those four people to come out and cosign this display of classlessness.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
sanantone Wrote:I wonder what those four people think of you now that it's been demonstrated that you can't get your point across without using foul language and personally attacking innocent people. For those who don't know, "thot" means "that hoe over there." I want those four people to come out and cosign this display of classlessness.

RE:
sanantone Wrote:I don't care what those four people think of me because at the end of the day (I already know who some of them are)

You're bothered.

[Image: tumblr_n05p83wLTK1smcbm7o1_500.gif]

Goodnight!
I still don't care what those four people think about me; I'm just curious to see who would cosign this classlessness. That's not asking what they think about me because you already said it. I'm asking what they think about YOU. Since I'm apparently a troll, then you've allowed yourself to be trolled. How many pages did you type up from my trolling? When are you going to address your lie about Yale?
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Exfactor Wrote:...
Exactly, which means you can use all sorts of credits to fulfill the upper level requirements. While for the B.S 9 of the upper levels have to be earned in psychology, which for the B.A is not the cases. Which is why you should stay out of debates that does not concern you. Wrong again.
B.S > B.A.
Stop being a minion, and get a mind of your own.

Uh, wow. For someone who has been on this forum for over a year you don't seem too savvy about the culture here. I guess you feel you are defending yourself well, but instead I think you are embarrassing yourself with this... "style".

But more to the point, you are straight up incorrect with that first statement. I'll break it down:
"...which means you can use all sorts of credits to fulfill the upper level requirements."
The B.S. can use more sorts than the B.A. can. Period. The options for the B.S. completely subsume the options for the B.A. Period. That makes it easier. It is factually stated on the pages I listed. I guess you never knew that what those pages say is that it is easier for the B.S. to mix and match credit sources? making it easier to fulfill than the B.A. requirements? At least that's how my academic adviser put it when I was messaging back and forth with her last year about whether or not I should switch from the B.A. track in psych to the B.S.

"While for the B.S 9 of the upper levels have to be earned in psychology, which for the B.A is not the cases."
Uhm, no that is TOTALLY wrong! The requirements for the major are identical between the B.A. and B.S.: they both requirement 18 UL credits, with a 33 credit total in the major. Furthermore the core, intermediate, and upper-level requirements are exactly identical between the B.A. and the B.S.
The things you seem to be referencing are most easily seen on pages 23 (for the B.A.) and 36 (for the B.S.). The B.A.'s "Total Arts and Sciences Component" says you need at least 30 credits at the upper level and doesn't say anything in the "Total Other Requirements."
The B.S.'s "Total Arts and Sciences Component" says 21 instead of 30 and in "Total Other Requirements" it says 9. Is that where you are getting your statement? You need to reread it and think about it. It says you need 9 TOTAL in the "Other" section, but the "Other" section contains the major and the major needs 18 at the upper level. In other words, listing the 9 is meaningless, but they do it so that all of those grids for the different degrees are consistent. In no way, shape, or form does it say you need 9 MORE upper-level credits BEYOND the psychology major's upper-level credits.
And again, where the B.A. is restricted to only using arts and sciences to get to a total of 30 UL credits the B.S. can use either arts and sciences or applied/professional for 9 of those 30. Strictly easier.

"Which is why you should stay out of debates that does not concern you. Wrong again."
Are you serious? You are posting PUBLICLY. If you want to argue with someone you can always message them privately. I can comment on Christopher's thread if I feel like. Yeah. Christopher's. This isn't even your own thread honey.
What I've posted I have posted precisely because it DID concern me when I PERSONALLY dealt with this EXACT topic: B.A. versus B.S. at Excelsior.

"B.S > B.A."
I actually never said a damn word about the general argument you were having over B.A. vs. B.S. I kept my comments strictly to the fact that at Excelsior they are practically identical with the sole difference being you have a few more credit options in the B.S. track, thus making it slightly easier to complete.

"Stop being a minion, and get a mind of your own."
Nonsensical and weak, especially here of all places, on a forum dedicated and supported by people who do exactly that. "Minion"? to whom? This is a lame attempt at a parting shot. Mind of my own? Gibberish. I quoted the catalog and explained it in my own words so I don't even get what you mean here, other than you felt like you needed to get a better put-down in at the end and you couldn't come up with anything better.
Kaz Wrote:Uh, wow. For someone who has been on this forum for over a year you don't seem too savvy about the culture here. I guess you feel you are defending yourself well, but instead I think you are embarrassing yourself with this... "style".

But more to the point, you are straight up incorrect with that first statement. I'll break it down:
"...which means you can use all sorts of credits to fulfill the upper level requirements."
The B.S. can use more sorts than the B.A. can. Period. The options for the B.S. completely subsume the options for the B.A. Period. That makes it easier. It is factually stated on the pages I listed. I guess you never knew that what those pages say is that it is easier for the B.S. to mix and match credit sources? making it easier to fulfill than the B.A. requirements? At least that's how my academic adviser put it when I was messaging back and forth with her last year about whether or not I should switch from the B.A. track in psych to the B.S.

"While for the B.S 9 of the upper levels have to be earned in psychology, which for the B.A is not the cases."
Uhm, no that is TOTALLY wrong! The requirements for the major are identical between the B.A. and B.S.: they both requirement 18 UL credits, with a 33 credit total in the major. Furthermore the core, intermediate, and upper-level requirements are exactly identical between the B.A. and the B.S.
The things you seem to be referencing are most easily seen on pages 23 (for the B.A.) and 36 (for the B.S.). The B.A.'s "Total Arts and Sciences Component" says you need at least 30 credits at the upper level and doesn't say anything in the "Total Other Requirements."
The B.S.'s "Total Arts and Sciences Component" says 21 instead of 30 and in "Total Other Requirements" it says 9. Is that where you are getting your statement? You need to reread it and think about it. It says you need 9 TOTAL in the "Other" section, but the "Other" section contains the major and the major needs 18 at the upper level. In other words, listing the 9 is meaningless, but they do it so that all of those grids for the different degrees are consistent. In no way, shape, or form does it say you need 9 MORE upper-level credits BEYOND the psychology major's upper-level credits.
And again, where the B.A. is restricted to only using arts and sciences to get to a total of 30 UL credits the B.S. can use either arts and sciences or applied/professional for 9 of those 30. Strictly easier.

"Which is why you should stay out of debates that does not concern you. Wrong again."
Are you serious? You are posting PUBLICLY. If you want to argue with someone you can always message them privately. I can comment on Christopher's thread if I feel like. Yeah. Christopher's. This isn't even your own thread honey.
What I've posted I have posted precisely because it DID concern me when I PERSONALLY dealt with this EXACT topic: B.A. versus B.S. at Excelsior.

"B.S > B.A."
I actually never said a damn word about the general argument you were having over B.A. vs. B.S. I kept my comments strictly to the fact that at Excelsior they are practically identical with the sole difference being you have a few more credit options in the B.S. track, thus making it slightly easier to complete.

"Stop being a minion, and get a mind of your own."
Nonsensical and weak, especially here of all places, on a forum dedicated and supported by people who do exactly that. "Minion"? to whom? This is a lame attempt at a parting shot. Mind of my own? Gibberish. I quoted the catalog and explained it in my own words so I don't even get what you mean here, other than you felt like you needed to get a better put-down in at the end and you couldn't come up with anything better.

[Image: Didn+t+read_c97649_4240427.gif]
Looks Like I missed a lot of....well....animated discussion points here while I was gone so all I have to say (as having an MS option in Psychology and teaching same) is that this thread has been...CLOSED!

[Image: e3f26165b3a60c52e9dbc54658765e8aa2671575...3d168e.jpg]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Addressing Concerns of Out-of-State Tuition UnbreakablyDetermined 17 3,674 08-29-2018, 10:28 AM
Last Post: hsfamfun
  Excelsior HR Degree Progress glgamerica 6 1,801 07-31-2018, 10:44 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Excelsior: ALEKS Beginning Algebra duplicates ... bluebooger 13 3,131 07-26-2018, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Exfactor
  Excelsior College 47th Annual Commencement - 12 Year Old Graduate Life Long Learning 16 4,852 07-26-2018, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Excelsior homeschoolmom1 1 1,264 07-20-2018, 11:10 AM
Last Post: hsfamfun
  Excelsior homeschoolmom1 0 943 07-19-2018, 02:06 PM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  Excelsior annual fees homeschoolmom1 1 1,235 07-14-2018, 11:27 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU BSBA Degree Plan --- less time & money Bach2Mast 8 3,219 07-12-2018, 01:46 PM
Last Post: Bach2Mast
Photo Shmoop Excelsior Evaluations In ReyMysterioso 0 1,748 06-27-2018, 10:20 AM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Excelsior College awarded 245K for Advanced Nuclear Project Life Long Learning 1 1,201 06-25-2018, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning