Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excelsior Professional Development Courses (Non-Credit)
I got an email the other day from the Excelsior team. They partnered with Ed2Go to develop a series of courses with both self-paced and instructor-led options designed specifically for workplace skills or certifications. I wasn't able to look through all of them and only shortly glanced but it appeared the courses were very diverse and had some interesting options for relatively cheap ($115 - $250) which is about the same price they charge for the base rate of the UExcel exams. See the email below and the attached link, what are your thoughts?

https://www.excelsior.edu/trainings/

Dear Student,

A short-term investment can yield long-term rewards. At Excelsior College, we want to provide you with a variety of opportunities that will prepare you for success in your professional and personal lives. That is why we have partnered with ed2go on 100 percent online, noncredit courses that will help you gain additional workforce skills or give you a convenient way to explore your interests. Some of the courses can be completed in as little as three months.

Our Career Training courses are designed to prepare you for a new career, career advancement, or industry certification in some of the most in-demand fields, such as health care, technology, and business. We also offer Professional Skills Training courses that will help you take the next step in your personal or professional life.

Both the Career Training and Professional Skills Training courses can supplement what you’re learning in your degree program to help you further stand out in your chosen industry. Whether you’re looking to expand your workforce skills, pursue professional development, or explore personal interests, know we are here to support you every step of the way.

I encourage you to browse our training course offerings.

Sincerely,

[Image: John_Caron_Signature.jpg]
John V. Caron, EdD
Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs

I finished an ed2go certificate program through a local university a few days ago. I took the 18 months their continuing ed dept allowed to finish it. It entailed me taking 4 core courses and 2 elective courses, all through ed2go. After I finished each individual course, i received a certificate in the mail from the university. Nowhere on it says ed2go. I’m assuming my final certificate for the whole program will look similarly. I like that I now have a Marketing certificate with a university’s name on it for only $600.
TESU BSBA Gen Mgmt - In progress
Straighterline - 72 credits
Sophia - 35 credits
Study.com - 21 credits
TEEX - 6 credits
East MS CC, Jackson State CC, Univ of TN at Martin, Olivet Nazarene, TESU - 27 credits
Goal: teaching cert, state of GA
[-] The following 1 user Likes jcooke's post:
  • Vle045
(10-01-2020, 10:35 AM)Any idea how much it would cost for the CompTIA bundle? I am interested in it.  BBryant165 Wrote: I got an email the other day from the Excelsior team. They partnered with Ed2Go to develop a series of courses with both self-paced and instructor-led options designed specifically for workplace skills or certifications. I wasn't able to look through all of them and only shortly glanced but it appeared the courses were very diverse and had some interesting options for relatively cheap ($115 - $250) which is about the same price they charge for the base rate of the UExcel exams. See the email below and the attached link, what are your thoughts?

https://www.excelsior.edu/trainings/

Dear Student,

A short-term investment can yield long-term rewards. At Excelsior College, we want to provide you with a variety of opportunities that will prepare you for success in your professional and personal lives. That is why we have partnered with ed2go on 100 percent online, noncredit courses that will help you gain additional workforce skills or give you a convenient way to explore your interests. Some of the courses can be completed in as little as three months.

Our Career Training courses are designed to prepare you for a new career, career advancement, or industry certification in some of the most in-demand fields, such as health care, technology, and business. We also offer Professional Skills Training courses that will help you take the next step in your personal or professional life.

Both the Career Training and Professional Skills Training courses can supplement what you’re learning in your degree program to help you further stand out in your chosen industry. Whether you’re looking to expand your workforce skills, pursue professional development, or explore personal interests, know we are here to support you every step of the way.

I encourage you to browse our training course offerings.

Sincerely,

[Image: John_Caron_Signature.jpg]
John V. Caron, EdD
Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
You don't actually get the CompTIA certs; it's just exam prep. If you want the CompTIA certs, I think there is free training out there rather than paying Excelsior to get an Excelsior certificate.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(10-01-2020, 12:34 PM)jcooke Wrote: I finished an ed2go certificate program through a local university a few days ago. I took the 18 months their continuing ed dept allowed to finish it. It entailed me taking 4 core courses and 2 elective courses, all through ed2go. After I finished each individual course, i received a certificate in the mail from the university. Nowhere on it says ed2go. I’m assuming my final certificate for the whole program will look similarly. I like that I now have a Marketing certificate with a university’s name on it for only $600.

Congrats! I'm curious, did you get a transcript with this certificate? Or was it non-credit?
In Progress RA Deg./Cert.: AAS Business with Marketing concentration, and Certificate, 2024
In Progress Cert.: Google PM and IT Support | CAPM
Completed: Certificate and ALS - Community College (RA), 2022, 2023

CLEP: 5 courses | Sophia.org: 1 course | and many non-credits...
These should be non-credit and usually used as continuing education units or professional development units...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • vintage_jacket

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 28 2,519 03-22-2024, 08:29 PM
Last Post: KagomeH
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,546 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 699 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,721 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The Rechtschaffen Institute of Judaic Studies (Has anyone taken one of these courses? patsfand 1 754 02-22-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 196 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Introductory data science courses inor 6 509 02-08-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: fmsoa
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 620 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM
Question Graduate-Level Courses NotJoeBiden 7 612 01-24-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Help Finding Some Courses harrypotter 2 265 01-23-2024, 03:52 PM