Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excelsior Question
Hello everyone.

I just needed some help trying to figure out Excelsior's fee structure. If I enroll in the Associate Degree program for General Business I would pay a $75 application fee, an $895 Enrollment Fee and a $495 Graduation Fee. Upon Associate Degree completion (graduation),if I then choose to Enroll in the Bachelor Program, I understand that my Enrollment Fee would be reduced to $440 instead of paying the original $895...as long as I enroll within one year of my associate degree conferral.

My question is...do I have to pay 2 Graduation fees? Do I have to pay a $495 Graduation Fee for my associate degree conferral and then pay another $495 for my Bachelor degree conferral? I couldn't determine this information on their website.

I sent them an email this morning, but received no reply yet.

I have been doing alot of cost-comparison analysis between Excelsior, TESC, and Charter Oak for the completion of my degree. So far it looks like Charter Oak is the cheapest. You're looking at $2,397 for an A.S at TESC; $1,465 for an A.S at Excelsior; and only $1,235 for an A.S at Charter Oak.

Thanks for your help.

From a loyal degree seeker,

Marshall

P.S: Can anyone tell me how to edit my posts? I try to use bold and change the font colors, but for some reason I can't do. I thought it was because you had to be a paying member of IC. But now that I have a paid membership...I still can't...any suggestions?

-Thanks

[COLOR="Navy"]Interesting question and I believe that the answer may be yes on two individual graduation fees (2 diplomas conferred).

If however you are planning to actually go for a BA/BS anyway, why not enroll in a bachelor program from the get go?[/COLOR]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
mlwilliamsiv Wrote:
P.S: Can anyone tell me how to edit my posts? I try to use bold and change the font colors, but for some reason I can't do. I thought it was because you had to be a paying member of IC. But now that I have a paid membership...I still can't...any suggestions?

-Thanks

Hi Marshall,

To edit your post, click the EDIT button at the bottom of the specific post you wish to change. To see the fancy editing function, click on GO ADVANCED at the bottom of the edit window. The advanced edit window enables you to do a lot more than the basic edit window does.

If you still cannot make the desired changes to your text, you may need to go to your User CP (link near the top left of each page). Once there, select EDIT OPTIONS down the left hand side panel. At the bottom of the page that appears, you can select your MESSAGE EDITOR INTERFACE. This will allow you to set the default editor window you see when posting to the board. You can choose from Basic, Standard, or Enhanced.

Hope that helps!

Happy Editing,
Snazzlefrag
My name is Rob

Total Credits: 142 (12 not used).
[SIZE=1]GPA: 4.0
[/SIZE]
Thanks snazzlefrag for replying to my post and thanks for your editing help.

To Brian...I was planning on doing just that, but I was wondering if potential employers would need to see an actual Associates Diploma. And if that is the case then I think it's safe to assume that I will have to pay a grad fee for the assoc, then another for the bachelor.

Just wondering though...why aren't more people on this forum choosing Charter Oak? It seems like on this forum they don't even exist!!! Just curious...is there something about Charter Oak that I don't know?

Just curious.

Thanks
mlwilliamsiv Wrote:Just wondering though...why aren't more people on this forum choosing Charter Oak? It seems like on this forum they don't even exist!!! Just curious...is there something about Charter Oak that I don't know?

Marshall,

For me, a huge factor in going with a different college was that Charter Oak doesn't offer specific majors. Instead, it only offers four different degrees: BA, BS, AA, AS, all of which are degrees in "General Studies".

For example, instead of a "BA in Psychology", you would earn a "BA in General Studies (with a concentration in Psychology)". Technically, you would not be able to say you had a "Degree in Psychology" (or whatever subject you have studied). Your degree would always be a "Bachelor's Degree in General Studies" (or an Associate's degree).

This is an important distinction for many people, and could be one reason why more people don't choose COSC.

Just my thoughts,
Snazzlefrag
My name is Rob

Total Credits: 142 (12 not used).
[SIZE=1]GPA: 4.0
[/SIZE]
you do have to pay the graduation fees twice. sorry
AAT, Electromechanics, Excelsior College 2007
BS, Political Science, Excelsior College 2008
MSSL, Strategic Leadership, Mountain State (currently enrolled) 2009
Yes. You do have to pay the graduation fee twice. I completed an AS degree @ Excelsior in March 07. Re-enrolled about 2 weeks later for the BS degree. So you do have to pay two graduation fees.
Don G. -Atlanta, GA
A.S. Liberal Arts , Excelsior College,3/2007
B.S. Business, Excelsior College,"On the Way"

"Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will"
--Dr. Robert Anthony
thanks everyone for responding to my post. Thanks for all the information you have provided me with. It is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Marshall
There's a lot of great feedback about Charter Oak. Lack of a major was the very reason why I ruled out that institution.
Excelsior BSB - MIS concentration (119 credits in the bank)
That ruled out COSC for me as well. Situations will vary, but at the time I had too many business credits accumulated to be satisfied with a General Studies major. Plus, these days the type of job I aspire to have in the IT field requires a related major.
I m edumakated thanx to distunce lerning.

MEd, Texas A&M University, 2018
MBA, University of North Dakota, 2014
MS, University of Illinois Springfield, 2010
BSBA, Thomas Edison State University, 2008
AS / AAS, Tidewater Community College, 2004

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Courses/Exams at a Cheaper Price and TESU Admissions Question UnbreakablyDetermined 12 4,390 09-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  GPA Question mysonx3 10 2,618 08-26-2018, 11:51 AM
Last Post: katelynn
  Question about TESU UL Requirements mysonx3 1 1,717 08-21-2018, 10:09 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Equivalency Question dexter1326 4 1,957 08-16-2018, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  TESU Course equivalency question. jbwyo 6 1,943 08-10-2018, 11:00 PM
  COSC Individualised Studies Question Tedium 12 2,793 08-01-2018, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tedium
  Excelsior HR Degree Progress glgamerica 6 1,801 07-31-2018, 10:44 PM
  Excelsior: ALEKS Beginning Algebra duplicates ... bluebooger 13 3,131 07-26-2018, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Exfactor
  Excelsior College 47th Annual Commencement - 12 Year Old Graduate Life Long Learning 16 4,852 07-26-2018, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning