Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excelsior - Remaining LL/UL requirements
(02-05-2023, 04:11 PM)new2this Wrote:
(02-04-2023, 02:02 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hey new2this, I've merged these two threads asking for LL/UL requirements.  Here's the WIKI for Sophia, https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/So...lency_List | You may want to take any arts/science and applied professional courses that fit your remaining credits.  From looking at your initial evaluation in your very first thread, you only need 5 UL Arts/Science, and 18 LL in Applied Professional (which means anything...any subject you want that is available...)

As I mentioned in the last post of that thread, your Cornerstone will be UL and the Capstone will be UL, you just need 1 UL Arts/Science and the rest an be anything from Sophia.org - I suggest taking all 3 of their "communication" courses, Principles of Management, Project Management, and Introduction to Web Development.  These are to help you in the future, for better communication/management... the Intro to Web is just a quick 3 credits.

Okay, I was told by my advisor that the Liberal Arts cornerstone is considered Lower Level.  The Capstone will be Upper Level Arts and Sciences.  

I was asking for a friend.  I transferred in a considerable amount of credits through sophia and 1 class at coopersmith.  I am going to graduate from excelsior in May.

My friend only has 66 credits.  I have attached his Map Planner.  Please feel free to comment if he is planning on taking the right credits to achieve a Bachelors Degree in Liberal Arts.

If you transfer in 60+ credits, then you will be required to take the UL Cornerstone (IND301 rather than the LL IND101).

Be aware that the cornerstone is not considered an A&S course, so it will only be helpful as an UL course if you are getting the BLS and can have 9cr of UL come from the Free Electives area.  If you're getting a different degree, then it's completely unhelpful, as it won't count toward the UL you need (which will all come from your major and a few from the A&S area).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • TwinMom
(02-06-2023, 12:05 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(02-05-2023, 04:11 PM)new2this Wrote:
(02-04-2023, 02:02 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hey new2this, I've merged these two threads asking for LL/UL requirements.  Here's the WIKI for Sophia, https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/So...lency_List | You may want to take any arts/science and applied professional courses that fit your remaining credits.  From looking at your initial evaluation in your very first thread, you only need 5 UL Arts/Science, and 18 LL in Applied Professional (which means anything...any subject you want that is available...)

As I mentioned in the last post of that thread, your Cornerstone will be UL and the Capstone will be UL, you just need 1 UL Arts/Science and the rest an be anything from Sophia.org - I suggest taking all 3 of their "communication" courses, Principles of Management, Project Management, and Introduction to Web Development.  These are to help you in the future, for better communication/management... the Intro to Web is just a quick 3 credits.

Okay, I was told by my advisor that the Liberal Arts cornerstone is considered Lower Level.  The Capstone will be Upper Level Arts and Sciences.  

I was asking for a friend.  I transferred in a considerable amount of credits through sophia and 1 class at coopersmith.  I am going to graduate from excelsior in May.

My friend only has 66 credits.  I have attached his Map Planner.  Please feel free to comment if he is planning on taking the right credits to achieve a Bachelors Degree in Liberal Arts.

If you transfer in 60+ credits, then you will be required to take the UL Cornerstone (IND301 rather than the LL IND101).

Be aware that the cornerstone is not considered an A&S course, so it will only be helpful as an UL course if you are getting the BLS and can have 9cr of UL come from the Free Electives area.  If you're getting a different degree, then it's completely unhelpful, as it won't count toward the UL you need (which will all come from your major and a few from the A&S area).

He finished at Sophia and now has 89 Credits. He still needs 18 credits UL Arts & Science as well as 6 Credits UL any academic area.  Thank you all for your input.
He is going to take 2 UL classes at law shelf leaving him with 3 credits UL any academic area remaining which will be satisfied by his Cornerstone class. He will then take 6 courses at Coopersmith leaving him with 3 credits UL arts and sciences that will be satisfied by Capstone. He will take info literacy, Cornerstone, and Capstone to complete the degree program.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior BSLA - Upper Level Credits Robinred2404 7 539 03-18-2024, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Robinred2404
  Has excelsior accepted CSM math recently? CM1999 6 1,025 01-11-2024, 10:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  So disappointed in Excelsior. Should I bail or suck it up for the last class? profstudent 22 5,761 12-06-2023, 02:03 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  New Change to Enrollment at Excelsior U. -- Not Good milah1 12 1,798 10-20-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Excelsior University BS in Liberal Arts Upper Credit Transfer Options Niketay 13 2,413 07-05-2023, 10:22 AM
  Excelsior University to Ivey League ----> RichestLiberalArtsMajor 5 1,377 06-06-2023, 09:32 AM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  OTmina - Excelsior Degree Plan OTmina 28 4,153 05-16-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: OTmina
  Excelsior Capstone Risa 6 1,856 04-30-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: new2this
  Finally Graduating from Excelsior University new2this 4 1,318 04-29-2023, 12:46 AM
  English Comp Excelsior Sophia joer 17 5,381 04-14-2023, 10:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az