Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upcoming Change to Transfer Credit Process
Here is a major change to Transfer Credit Process

Dear Student,

Your success is our goal. National data show that once students begin their studies, their chances of succeeding and graduating are greatest when they persist in their studies at their home institutions. We encourage you to take all your classes with Excelsior once you are admitted.

On February 15, 2023, students who choose to transfer credits after they have been admitted to Excelsior will pay a $300 service fee. This fee does not pertain to students applying to Excelsior. This fee only applies to students who choose to have credit evaluated for applicability to their degree programs after becoming Excelsior students.

If you submit external credit no later than Friday, February 3, 2023, you will not be charged this fee.

We are committed to working with you to determine the best path for earning your degree. Please refer to the frequently asked questions below. If you have additional questions about your degree plan and how to achieve your educational goals, contact academic advising at advising@excelsior.edu or 1-888-647-2388.

Sincerely

David Schejbal, PhD
President

How does the credit evaluation service work?
Some enrolled students choose to take classes outside of Excelsior and request to transfer the credit they earn toward their degree programs. As the first step in this process, students request that credit-bearing documents be sent to the Registrar's Office from the credit provider (for example, other colleges and universities, licensure organizations, etc.). Beginning on February 15, 2023, these credit-bearing documents will be held for evaluation until the student formally requests Excelsior's evaluation of the new credit-bearing documents. At the time the credit evaluation is requested, students will pay a $300 evaluation processing fee. The Registrar's Office will evaluate the documents and communicate with the student regarding the applicability of those credits toward their degree programs.

What happens if I don't request evaluation of my sources of credit when I submit them?
Students who submit credit-bearing documents but have not formally requested them to be evaluated by Excelsior will not have potential credits considered during the course approval process or reviewed toward degree completion. Enrolled students should work closely with their academic advisors to determine the proper timing of when to request the evaluation service to avoid duplication of credit taking.

What if I would like to take credit outside of Excelsior while I'm enrolled at Excelsior University?
If you would like to take credit from a source other than Excelsior University, check with your academic advisor to make sure the credits will transfer to your degree program and count toward your degree requirements. Here are examples of student scenarios:
  • I am a student in the BS in Liberal Arts program, and I have taken a course at another college. What should I do?
  • Request that the institution submit your transcript to Excelsior University. Also speak with your academic advisor about your future plans for course taking so you can discuss your options, including courses at Excelsior.

• I am a professional who has completed training that Excelsior recognizes as transferrable credit to my degree program. What is my next step?
  • Visit the Start with More Credit webpage for specific steps on submitting the verification of training for evaluation.
In Progress
Georgia Tech OMSCS Cool
Completed
TESU BA Computer Science & ASNSM Mathematics
Conferred: 09/2023
Excelsior University BS Psychology 
Conferred: 02/2023

So, we are back to not enrolling at EU until you have 113cr and know exactly how they'll transfer in.

My main question is: what is the "enrollment" process? I mean, if you apply, and send in all of your transcripts, and get an evaluation, and they tell you what you need to complete, are you considered enrolled at that point? Or do you have to do something in particular to enroll? Because if you got your eval, and found out that a course didn't come in as you thought it would, and you have to go back and take one more course from somewhere, can you not enroll until that course is done? Or do you take a couple of extra courses before applying, just in case?!?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • jch, ss20ts
Road, meet Block.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 2 users Like davewill's post:
  • rachel83az, ss20ts
With changes to their business program (essentially requiring that you take their Business Writing class) and this, Excelsior is certainly becoming less desirable. I would probably only recommend them for people who have a lot of NA credit that they want to roll into an RA degree. Otherwise, this is looking not that much cheaper than TESU and for considerable hassle.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(12-02-2022, 11:51 AM)rachel83az Wrote: With changes to their business program (essentially requiring that you take their Business Writing class) and this, Excelsior is certainly becoming less desirable. I would probably only recommend them for people who have a lot of NA credit that they want to roll into an RA degree. Otherwise, this is looking not that much cheaper than TESU and for considerable hassle.

You can take Business Writing elsewhere for less - they'll take ENG-102: Business Writing from Coopersmith.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
So can you potentially send in credits from multiple sources and once they all arrive formally request an evaluation and only pay the service fee once. Or does every transcript charge the 300 fee
(03-06-2023, 07:09 AM)Sarahtheraven Wrote: So can you potentially send in credits from multiple sources and once they all arrive formally request an evaluation and only pay the service fee once. Or does every transcript charge the 300 fee

You can apply and send in all of your transcripts for an eval; but once you enroll, it will cost you to get another eval. Your best option is to wait to enroll until they've evaluated everything.  Which means you should literally take all 113cr you want to take and apply; but honestly, having to fork over $300 for a final eval when you feel like you're ready to graduate probably won't kill anyone.  TESU makes you pay $298 for a graduation audit.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree Planning Advice For Research (Upper Level) Credit Dnightowl 5 631 03-29-2024, 06:27 PM
Last Post: Dnightowl
  Transfer 113 to BS in Business (General Business Concentration) mcvjones 3 342 03-15-2024, 03:15 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
Thumbs Down Transfer Evaluation Woes TaraD2020 8 848 02-24-2024, 08:59 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New Change to Enrollment at Excelsior U. -- Not Good milah1 12 1,736 10-20-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: frankc
  List of Sophia Classes that count as UL Credit Niketay 2 1,080 07-07-2023, 11:05 AM
  Excelsior University BS in Liberal Arts Upper Credit Transfer Options Niketay 13 2,398 07-05-2023, 10:22 AM
  Study’s Geometry 101 transfer to Excelsior? Thanksforhelphere 2 743 04-07-2023, 11:05 PM
Last Post: smarterby1degree
  Excelsior University UL SDC credit not counted frank11 10 2,336 12-19-2022, 09:05 AM
Last Post: TheVilified
  EXCELSIOR NAME CHANGE ShotoJuku 2 750 04-30-2022, 01:52 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  I want to change my BALA to BSLA,HELP! qiaoyiren 5 1,457 03-07-2021, 10:16 AM
Last Post: ss20ts