Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excelsior Web CT courses
I've tested out out most of the courses I need for my BS Gen Business degree but seem to have stalled out with 6 courses remaining. I am thinking about finishing up using Excelsior Web CT courses. This is the only format that Excelsior offers for the courses that I need. Can anyone tell me how the Web CT courses work? What is expected for assignments? Is there a bunch of writing? (term papers, ect?) I work 3rd shift and alot of overtime, so I can't spend all day working on assignments. If anyone has taken courses in the Web CT format, I'd appreciate any insight or opinions.
I recently took Business Policy & Strategy for my Charter Oak State College Business concentration. It was through the Connecticut Distance Learning Consortium and I noticed that when I log-in, the choices are for several formats (Blackboard, WebCT, WebCt Vista, and Web Mentor). My log-in was through the Blackboard type and the online format was as follows:

[8 week version]; also was available as a 15 weeker - not for me!
week 1 was mostly meet & greet/ orientation (assigned to teams)
week 2-5 was a combo of individual assignments + team effort essay
week 6, individual term paper (3-4 pgs. dbl spaced)
week 7, individual Final Paper (10-12 pgs. dbl spaced)
week 8 was just wrap-up; completing feedback requests, farewells, etc.

Which courses are you considering?
hunter2115 Wrote:I've tested out out most of the courses I need for my BS Gen Business degree but seem to have stalled out with 6 courses remaining. I am thinking about finishing up using Excelsior Web CT courses. This is the only format that Excelsior offers for the courses that I need. Can anyone tell me how the Web CT courses work? What is expected for assignments? Is there a bunch of writing? (term papers, ect?) I work 3rd shift and alot of overtime, so I can't spend all day working on assignments. If anyone has taken courses in the Web CT format, I'd appreciate any insight or opinions.

Hunter, I would NOT recommend doing the EC courses if you can take exams instead. I signed up for two CD ROM courses - which are supposed to be more self-paced than the WebCT. They were self-paced, but for one I had to write 4 essays EVERY WEEK! :eek: The other wasn't as bad, just had to do a mid-term and a final, but I could only turn them in on certain weeks. I couldn't speed it up. I'm doing 3 EC Exams for my UL arts and sciences (see my world pop thread) which aparently no one else is doing, based on the fact that no one responded!! Smile
I think I'll just push myself to "get back in the groove" for at least the next 2 exams- ECE Organizational Behavior, and ECE Ethics. I've actually become a pretty good writer, but I still dread term papers! Thanks for the encouragement. Anyone have any helpful hints on the ECE Org. Behav. exam?
hunter2115 Wrote:I think I'll just push myself to "get back in the groove" for at least the next 2 exams- ECE Organizational Behavior, and ECE Ethics. I've actually become a pretty good writer, but I still dread term papers! Thanks for the encouragement. Anyone have any helpful hints on the ECE Org. Behav. exam?

I got a B on the OB exam. It was the first exam I took using Instacert and only Instacert.
Instacert will get you through the DSST Ethics but the not ECE. Use Excelsior's practice test. Some of the case studies on the practice test are on the actual exam. It's very useful. I got an A on both using just Instacert and the practice tests.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 35 3,959 04-17-2024, 06:44 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,769 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 733 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  The Rechtschaffen Institute of Judaic Studies (Has anyone taken one of these courses? patsfand 1 787 02-22-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Introductory data science courses inor 6 574 02-08-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: fmsoa
Question Graduate-Level Courses NotJoeBiden 7 679 01-24-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Help Finding Some Courses harrypotter 2 298 01-23-2024, 03:52 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU---Easy Courses and TECEPS midnite123 5 584 01-04-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Cheap Self-Paced Language Courses or courses IN said languages? nykorn 4 458 12-09-2023, 12:06 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Outlier.org - 2 For 1 Courses bjcheung77 12 2,556 11-21-2023, 12:27 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77