Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Psychology MAP course questions
Hello everyone,

I have been following the board for a month or so.  I am forever grateful to all of you!  I am older and never finished my degree.  Now I will be able to!

I transferred in 59 credits and earned 30 credits at Sophia in less than a month.  I no longer have any course there that will work.  So I am on to Study.com and Coopersmith and???  Not sure if there are others that have courses that would count.

Here is my MAP from Excelsior.  Does anyone know which courses would fulfill the below requirements?

Major Option. To include 18 upper level and 15 lower level psychology credits

Needed
Total Lower Level Psychology 3.0
Total Upper level Psychology 18.0

Total Hours to Include the Following Requirements Needed

IA. General/Introduction Psychology Met
IB. Statistics Met
IC. Research Methods/Experimental Psy/Design 
PSY 105: Research Methods in Psychology Study.com 

ID. History and Systems/Hist of Psychological Foundations
PSY 304: History & Systems of Psychology (UL) (Coopersmith)

Psychology Capstone Not Met (will take at Excelsior once done with the rest)

One Course in Each Area Needed

IIA. Biopsychology/Physiological Psychology Not Met
PSY 311: Physiological Psychology (UL) [i]Study.com[/i]

IIB. Developmental Perspectives Met

IIC. Social Influences Not Met  
Psychology 316: Advanced Social Psychology (UL) Study.com

IID. Abnormal Psychology Met

IIE. Cognitive Bases Not Met (any idea for this one?)

Thanks for any ideas!
BIOLOGICAL & PHYSIOLOGICAL FOUNDATIONS - PSY 311: Physiological Psychology (SDC UL)
SOCIAL INFLUENCES - PSY 316: Advanced Social Psychology (SDC UL)
COGNITIVE BASES - PSY 302: Cognitive Psychology (SDC LL)
PSYCHOLOGY ELECTIVE - Psychology 315: Psychology of Motivation (SDC UL)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
@RhondaG, do you have an advisor already assigned to you at Excelsior? Have them check the Study.com transfer guide and verify that you can do every course from that one provider. I would skip Coopersmith if you can as Study.com may have all you need and because of overlapping course info, you may finish faster as some of these courses have placement tests to get you up to 30% of the course completed before you start...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(10-09-2022, 11:33 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @RhondaG, do you have an advisor already assigned to you at Excelsior?  Have them check the Study.com transfer guide and verify that you can do every course from that one provider.  I would skip Coopersmith if you can as Study.com may have all you need and because of overlapping course info, you may finish faster as some of these courses have placement tests to get you up to 30% of the course completed before you start...

You definitely can't do it all via Study.com - there aren't enough UL Psych courses there (they don't have some as UL that should be).
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(10-09-2022, 07:58 PM)dfrecore Wrote: BIOLOGICAL & PHYSIOLOGICAL FOUNDATIONS - PSY 311: Physiological Psychology (SDC UL)

Thank you for the suggestions. I’ll look into these.

(10-09-2022, 11:33 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @RhondaG, do you have an advisor already assigned to you at Excelsior?  Have them check the Study.com transfer guide and verify that you can do every course from that one provider.  I would skip Coopersmith if you can as Study.com may have all you need and because of overlapping course info, you may finish faster as some of these courses have placement tests to get you up to 30% of the course completed before you start...
I have been asking an advisor if certain classes fulfill each section.  I don’t think she is officially assigned yet as I am not registered yet. It would be wonderful to be able to do them all at SDC.  I’ll ask the advisor for my options.

Thanks!

(10-10-2022, 08:14 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

You definitely can't do it all via Study.com - there aren't enough UL Psych courses there (they don't have some as UL that should be).
I’ll dig deeper into this with advisor.  I’d like to choose from different courses, rather than just take one without knowing I had a choice to take a different one.  

Thanks!
(10-11-2022, 12:08 AM)RhondaG Wrote:
(10-09-2022, 07:58 PM)dfrecore Wrote: BIOLOGICAL & PHYSIOLOGICAL FOUNDATIONS - PSY 311: Physiological Psychology (SDC UL)

Thank you for the suggestions. I’ll look into these.

I have been asking an advisor if certain classes fulfill each section.  I don’t think she is officially assigned yet as I am not registered yet. It would be wonderful to be able to do them all at SDC.  I’ll ask the advisor for my options.

Thanks!

(10-10-2022, 08:14 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

I’ll dig deeper into this with advisor.  I’d like to choose from different courses, rather than just take one without knowing I had a choice to take a different one.  

Thanks!
@dfrecore, it's happening again, whatever you were trying to type isn't posted...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Overwhelmed with info but excited to start my BA- just a few questions hexclep 12 1,373 08-24-2023, 12:37 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Roadmap needed for BS Psychology | Excelsior college Tessa 9 2,152 08-25-2022, 03:21 AM
Last Post: Allison1
  Study.com Psychology 106: Abnormal Psychology frankc 10 1,717 04-08-2022, 12:39 PM
Last Post: frankc
  BSLA Cornerstone/Capstone Questions TorsMama 12 2,753 07-04-2021, 12:31 AM
Last Post: mrskitty
  Does anyone have Excelsior College Psychology Roadmap? jeanmanalo 11 3,618 12-06-2020, 07:49 PM
Last Post: OldManOfTheSea
  Excelsior History Degree Questions jaxonhart 2 1,522 04-12-2020, 03:55 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Excelsior Degree Plan - questions on UL credit sources EducationSeeker 15 4,931 08-14-2019, 06:34 PM
Last Post: ddillenberger
  A few questions about Excelsior (cornerstone) and math SweetsugarNL 0 991 07-26-2019, 03:34 PM
Last Post: SweetsugarNL
  Excelsior BS Psychology Degree Plan harrypotter 1 1,452 07-03-2019, 06:06 PM
  UEXCEL exam questions glgamerica 3 2,065 12-06-2018, 10:32 AM