Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excelsior college
Hello everyone, I'm pretty new here so I don't really know how anything works. OK so I'm in Botswana , Africa and I've been looking for a means to get a degree, my lengthy research has led me here. I heard about testing out through Excelsior college, could anyone kindly walk me through the process? I would like a Social Science degree with a concentration in political science how do I go about it? Obviously I'm trying to cut down costs as much as possible because  $20 equals atleast BWP200 in my country . Is it possible to get credit through study. Com, Sophia and Saylor, transfer my credit and test out of the remaining modules with the college??your assistance will be highly appreciated.
Before you go any further, go to Sophia.org and make your way through all the classes. They are currently free but they normally cost around 4000BWP each. You do not have to complete everything by July 31st. You register for a class, put its start date at some point in the future, and it will still be free to take. That will give you around 80 credits.

Then go to https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Fr..._of_Credit and get all those free sources of credit.

Once you're done, you'll have around 90 credits out of 120 done for free. After that, it's mostly just a matter of taking courses through Study.com and Saylor to fill in the degree requirements. Excelsior does require that you take 7 credits through them, so you can't completely test out.

Because of this, Excelsior may or may not be the lowest price for that degree. Depending on what you want to do with the degree, it might be better/cheaper to get a slightly different degree TESU or COSC. While both of these institutions do require that you take credits through them, the requirements are lower. Someone with more experience than I can walk you through the different costs of each program. But, first, go get started at Sophia.
So the issue is going to be that Excelsior requires that you take 2 "depths" in your BA/BS in Liberal Arts, you can't just make your own degree. Also, you're going to need courses (both UL and LL) in PoliSci to transfer in, and there aren't any inexpensive ways to get those. So a test-out (mostly) degree in that field isn't going to be a cheap one.

You either need to choose a degree that is easy to test out of, or go to a less expensive school and take the final 30cr there, but that's probably not affordable for you.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior BSLA - Upper Level Credits Robinred2404 7 529 03-18-2024, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Robinred2404
  Has excelsior accepted CSM math recently? CM1999 6 1,016 01-11-2024, 10:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  So disappointed in Excelsior. Should I bail or suck it up for the last class? profstudent 22 5,729 12-06-2023, 02:03 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  New Change to Enrollment at Excelsior U. -- Not Good milah1 12 1,773 10-20-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Excelsior University BS in Liberal Arts Upper Credit Transfer Options Niketay 13 2,400 07-05-2023, 10:22 AM
  Excelsior University to Ivey League ----> RichestLiberalArtsMajor 5 1,371 06-06-2023, 09:32 AM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  OTmina - Excelsior Degree Plan OTmina 28 4,143 05-16-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: OTmina
  Excelsior Capstone Risa 6 1,843 04-30-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: new2this
  Finally Graduating from Excelsior University new2this 4 1,308 04-29-2023, 12:46 AM
  English Comp Excelsior Sophia joer 17 5,370 04-14-2023, 10:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az