Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excelsior commencement
Does anyone know if Excelsior has a commencement in December? I've been searching their website, and it seems they only have it in July of each year. :confused:
[SIZE="1"]Ana
[COLOR="DarkRed"]96 credits completed (93 by exam)
BS in General Business, Excelsior College (33 credits remaining)
Next exams: DSST Statistics, DSST Business Law 2
Recently taken: DSST Drug/Alcohol (61), CLEP French (63), ECE Gerontology (B Sad), DSST MIS (65), DSST Counseling (54), DSST Ethics (63)[/SIZE][/COLOR]
anar579 Wrote:Does anyone know if Excelsior has a commencement in December? I've been searching their website, and it seems they only have it in July of each year. :confused:

That's right anar,

Only once each year!

But you can attend it regardless of when you graduated (since the last commencement).

If you graduate after this July, you will probably have to wait until next year. If you will graduate really close to the date this year, you may be able to get special permission to attend in advance of actually finishing your degree. You'll need to ask them about the specific rules though.

Good luck,
Snazzlefrag
My name is Rob

Total Credits: 142 (12 not used).
[SIZE=1]GPA: 4.0
[/SIZE]
Oh darn! I intend on finishing up around September, so I'll indeed have to wait until 2007 commencement. Hopefully I'll see you and others from here there!

On to the next question, once you confer your degree, you're done, right? I mean, I can actually put my degree on my resume as completed. Just wondering... thinking ahead, trying to motivate myself, daydreaming! hilarious
[SIZE="1"]Ana
Recently taken: DSST Drug/Alcohol (61), CLEP French (63), ECE Gerontology (B Sad), DSST MIS (65), DSST Counseling (54), DSST Ethics (63)[/SIZE][/COLOR]
anar579 Wrote:Oh darn! I intend on finishing up around September, so I'll indeed have to wait until 2007 commencement. Hopefully I'll see you and others from here there!

On to the next question, once you confer your degree, you're done, right? I mean, I can actually put my degree on my resume as completed. Just wondering... thinking ahead, trying to motivate myself, daydreaming! hilarious

Yeah,

You don't actually have to attend your commencement ceremony at all. Once you have confirmation from Excelsior that you have met all the criteria for you degree, you can safely add it to your resume.

After receiving final word from Excelsior, the degree is already yours, all you are doing is waiting for the diploma to arrive in the mail, or waiting to attend the commencement ceremony to receive it there. But for all intent and purpose, you do actually already have your degree even before the piece of paper is in your hand.

I too imagine what it will be like to actually be able to say, "I have a BS in Psychology!" or "I have a Bachelor's degree from Excelsior College!"

Our time will come! :p
My name is Rob

[/SIZE]
I finished my first Regents degree in 1990 and I never went to Commencement. I don't know whether I will this time or not. How many of you all intend to go?
Name: Lynda
Completed hours:126/ Hours completed by test:100
School:Excelsior Degree:BGB
All tests completed!
Classes in Progress-
Business Strategy
Operations Management
Algebra
FINITO! on August 15th- if I can pass Algebra that is...Big Grin )
tampalizard Wrote:I finished my first Regents degree in 1990 and I never went to Commencement. I don't know whether I will this time or not. How many of you all intend to go?

I am not sure if I will go to my commencement (whenever that may be). I appreciate that for some people it is very big day, and something they look forward to with pride and excitement. I certainly do not want to minimize that in any way. But the day I look most forward to, is the day I can finally say, "I have a college degree!" The commencement ceremony is just an additional, formal celebration of that fact.

If it works out for me to be able to go, great! If not, it's not the end of the world because it will have no bearing on the fact that I will, at long last, have a college degree! :p
My name is Rob

[/SIZE]
I have to say I agree! It really seems like a wonderful event, celebrating the accomplishment of something I've been "meaning to get" for 10 years. I'm finishing up around Sept. or Oct., so by following July when commencement rolls around, the excitement will be long past.
[SIZE="1"]Ana

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior---Liberal Arts Degree midnite123 5 557 10-17-2023, 05:42 PM
Last Post: midnite123
  Excelsior University & StraighterLine success story! bjcheung77 0 667 03-07-2023, 07:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Calling all Excelsior business students! shoron 1 524 01-23-2023, 07:39 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Terminated by Excelsior Due to Lack of Activity pilot 1 453 01-09-2023, 12:11 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Excelsior vs locally named University? EDUxplorer 21 2,456 10-31-2022, 09:47 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Excelsior Professional Development Courses (Non-Credit) BBryant165 5 1,557 08-29-2022, 11:05 PM
  DEAC acquires Excelsior & UMPI accepts NA credits! bjcheung77 10 2,056 05-03-2022, 12:25 PM
  Pearson OnVUE - Online Excelsior Exams bjcheung77 5 1,349 09-23-2020, 11:33 AM
Last Post: nomaduser
  Excelsior advisor mistake dfwdegree 9 1,450 06-12-2020, 06:31 PM
Last Post: darthweezy
  Referral code for COSC or Excelsior NeverDone 7 1,856 11-14-2019, 02:25 AM
Last Post: NeverDone