Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quantitative Analysis
Hello! I am trying to graduate from Excelsior College and I have just heard that they require a course called quantitative analysis. I was wondering if I have to take it as a UExcel or if there is a much cheaper alternative I could go with.
If you need the UL credit, the UExcel is probably going to be the only way to get that. Otherwise, TEL Learning offers a LL Quantitative Analysis course: https://www.tellearning.org/product/quan...it-course/

You would need to take it at a specific school for it to work, though. Oklahoma Christian University transcripts it as MATH 1173 – Quantitative Reasoning. The others just bring it in as "college math".

You could also ask if CSM Learn would work.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Wow. Thank you. I will definitely look into that. Any tips on how to pass a UExcel test? I've heard that they can be difficult.
If you're worried about passing, make sure you buy the "add-on" package that includes the study guide and the free retake. That costs a bit more than the base exam, but should guarantee a pass on at least the second take.

I can't speak for this exam in particular, but if you have a SDC membership (even the lowest tier will do), there is a study course there: https://study.com/academy/course/uexcel-...-prep.html
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • ftlmom
> or if there is a much cheaper alternative I could go with.

its only $110

https://www.excelsior.edu/exam/quantitative-analysis/
It's $110 + proctoring fees and study materials. TEL Learning's course may be marginally cheaper once you take that into account. But I don't know if it would work for this requirement.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-Reasoning

It looks like CSM Learn works?
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
Yup, I would email your academic advisor asking to have the CSM course added to your evaluation. It should hit the spot and it's $39 ($35 if you sign up through the newsletter option) and it's non-proctored/self-paced. Take it slowly, and you'll surely finish bit by bit...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I can guarantee you they won't take CSM Learn or anything LL for that. The Quantitative Reasoning GE requirement is NOT the same as the UL Quantitative Analysis business requirement, which is a course you would take AFTER Statistics.

"Topics include estimation, hypothesis testing, linear and multivariate regression and correlation, decision theory, linear programming, time series and supply chain management, transportation and assignment models, and inventory management and queuing theory models. A solid grounding in statistics is required."
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Flelm
(02-24-2022, 10:04 AM)ftlmom Wrote: Hello! I am trying to graduate from Excelsior College and I have just heard that they require a course called quantitative analysis. I was wondering if I have to take it as a UExcel or if there is a much cheaper alternative I could go with.

Coopersmith has an UL QA course.

http://www.nationalccrs.org/organization...ting#n8920

https://www.coopersmithcc.net/

Obviously, you'd want to clear it with your Excelsior advisor to be sure, but I've seen students transfer the QA course to Excelsior.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CSM Course now accepted at Excelsior for 3 credits of Quantitative Reasoning CSMlearn 5 1,680 03-03-2021, 06:06 PM
Last Post: SweetsugarNL
  Where can I get Organization Behavior and Quantitative Analisis courses? cecilgambe7 23 3,315 08-15-2020, 09:45 AM
Last Post: ctcarl
  Business Data Analysis dfwdegree 2 1,031 06-15-2020, 12:40 PM
Last Post: dfwdegree
  Any self-paced alternative for Excelsior's Quantitative Analysis? jeanmanalo 3 1,446 05-08-2019, 01:19 PM
Last Post: Finishbygrace