Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excelsior degree info needed
So I appear to have too many LL and not enough UL credits. Particularly missing the 9UL electives. Any ideas? I 'may' get them from UL UoPeople/study courses.

Could any of these be used for the Excelsior Health Science degree or my missing 9UL electives for the NS degree?

Health 309: Healthcare Informatics
HS 3610 Human Development in a Global Perspective
HS 3810 Health Systems and Structure
HS 4810 Health Policy and Management
HS 2711 Community and Public Health 1 (LL)
HS 2712 Community and Public Health II (LL)
Health 103: Medical Terminology (LL)
Health 301: Ethical & Legal Issues in Healthcare
Clinical Exercise Physiology I (SCI-303)
Clinical Exercise Physiology II (SCI-304)
Substance Abuse Counseling (PSY-320)
Understanding ADHD (PSY-365)

Attached Files
.pdf   college credits- 1.pdf (Size: 124.12 KB / Downloads: 14)
Excelsior takes NA credits, so technically if you can get all the credits from UOP - great! It should work, you may want to run that through your advisor at Excelsior before you begin the process, just apply as you get a free application anyways with Sophia.org/Study.com discount. Oh, one more thing, the last Arts & Sciences lists Sophia for the two Psychology courses, those should be from Study.com!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(09-01-2021, 01:00 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Excelsior takes NA credits, so technically if you can get all the credits from UOP - great!  It should work, you may want to run that through your advisor at Excelsior before you begin the process, just apply as you get a free application anyways with Sophia.org/Study.com discount.  Oh, one more thing, the last Arts & Sciences lists Sophia for the two Psychology courses, those should be from Study.com!

Thank you I have now corrected it. I have realised that I don't have a 2nd Chemistry course so need to fit that in somewhere. Could it replace an A&S gen ed elective? Thinking of moving Bioethics over to Elective UL
Could HS course come in under UL A&S?
As I am taking 1 more year to gather all my credits to transfer, should I register now to work with an advisor in case some of the courses I'm doing are wrong or should I wait till this time next year once I have my credits.

I obviously won't have an official transcript from UoPeople yet.
From what other people have posted on the forum, EC won't be very helpful unless you take at least info literacy with them. They will heavily push for you to register for their courses.

If it takes you, say, 12 months and 3 weeks from when you enroll to get your degree, you'd also wind up paying the enrollment fee. That might or might not be worth it to you.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(09-08-2021, 08:57 AM)rachel83az Wrote: From what other people have posted on the forum, EC won't be very helpful unless you take at least info literacy with them. They will heavily push for you to register for their courses.

If it takes you, say, 12 months and 3 weeks from when you enroll to get your degree, you'd also wind up paying the enrollment fee. That might or might not be worth it to you.

Actually, the enrollment fee of $1095 is due no matter what - that's for the 1st year.  After that, you pay ~$295 a year.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Isn't the $1095 the multi-source enrollment fee that is only due at the end if you have the partnership pricing and you do not take at least 12 credits at EC? They don't call it a residency waiver like TESU does, but that's what it sounds like it is.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(09-09-2021, 01:19 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Isn't the $1095 the multi-source enrollment fee that is only due at the end if you have the partnership pricing and you do not take at least 12 credits at EC? They don't call it a residency waiver like TESU does, but that's what it sounds like it is.

Yes, that's basically what it is.  Except that if you take any courses at EC, you actually have to pay it, and then they'll count the time, and the 2nd year will be additional.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I've updated my plan. I've left the UL A&S blank for now. Any cheap/easy courses I could use for them. I'm not sure I want to do the ones previously listed.

Have I got anything in the wrong place?

Attached Files
.pdf   excelsior.pdf (Size: 431.32 KB / Downloads: 12)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior BSLA - Upper Level Credits Robinred2404 7 403 03-18-2024, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Robinred2404
  Degree Planning Advice For Research (Upper Level) Credit Dnightowl 4 507 01-30-2024, 10:46 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Has excelsior accepted CSM math recently? CM1999 6 937 01-11-2024, 10:16 PM
  So disappointed in Excelsior. Should I bail or suck it up for the last class? profstudent 22 5,584 12-06-2023, 02:03 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  New Change to Enrollment at Excelsior U. -- Not Good milah1 12 1,646 10-20-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Overwhelmed with info but excited to start my BA- just a few questions hexclep 12 1,338 08-24-2023, 12:37 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Excelsior University BS in Liberal Arts Upper Credit Transfer Options Niketay 13 2,315 07-05-2023, 10:22 AM
  Need to know what UL credits will work for Liberal Arts degree AnyName 20 3,169 06-25-2023, 11:56 PM
Last Post: Kab
  Excelsior University to Ivey League ----> RichestLiberalArtsMajor 5 1,338 06-06-2023, 09:32 AM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  OTmina - Excelsior Degree Plan OTmina 28 4,074 05-16-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: OTmina