Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excelsior degree plans on the wiki
Thanks to dragonwolf, I've started adding degree plans/roadmaps for Excelsior to the wiki. https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap If you see any issues or have any suggestions, please let me know! If you were able to obtain a different degree via mostly/entirely alternate means, I'd love to add it to the list to give everyone more options.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 4 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • FastTrackDegree, ISKBizz15, LevelUP, OnMyWay
We do need some updated degree plans on the wiki for Excelsior.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • FastTrackDegree
Excelsior will become another university in the next few weeks, people will start to see that they're the last of the Big 3 who will accept over 113 alternative credits, the only credits required are the 7 for Info Lit, Cornerstone, Capstone. The main degree that people will be looking at is the BSLA, the bulk of it can be completed with all the ACE/NCCRS providers we recommend already, I wonder what other degree plan people will need, a Business? Professional Studies? Something that will MAX all 113 credits would be best...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I think the BS History can be maxed, or at least comes really close. Good alternative for people who don't want the CBE experience at UMPI and who want to save compared to TESU.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Vle045
(05-21-2022, 02:05 AM)rachel83az Wrote: I think the BS History can be maxed, or at least comes really close. Good alternative for people who don't want the CBE experience at UMPI and who want to save compared to TESU.

A BS in History might be a great one for our household
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vle045's post:
  • rachel83az
I'm working on BSLA, history, criminal justice degree plans (I'd really like a named degree, but I don't need one). I've completed Gen Ed now. Arts & Science LL courses coming from SDC, UL from UoPeople. I've maxed out on Sophia other than Business & Computing courses.

This time next year I aim to complete.
[-] The following 1 user Likes debrag's post:
  • Vle045
I'd love to see your plans once they're complete and how the BSLA might differ from what's on the wiki, once those pages are finished. I got a bit sidetracked with RL, so the degree plans are still in progress. Smile
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
(05-20-2022, 03:12 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Thanks to dragonwolf, I've started adding degree plans/roadmaps for Excelsior to the wiki. https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap If you see any issues or have any suggestions, please let me know! If you were able to obtain a different degree via mostly/entirely alternate means, I'd love to add it to the list to give everyone more options.

Just an FYI, your degree plan info there is somewhat wrong, because it's mostly going toward explaining the BAL rather than the BSL.

For the BA, you need 90cr of A&S and 30cr of Free electives, and the only UL that counts is the A&S courses.  For the BS, it's a 60/60 split, and you need 21cr of UL in the A&S, and 9cr of UL in the Free Electives.

Something to keep in mind: when you bring in more than 60cr, you must then take the UL cornerstone, which for some reason counts as a Free Elective.  So, if you do the BAL, your UL cornerstone is in addition to the 30cr of UL you'll need.  For the BSL, that 3cr UL Cornerstone counts towards the 9cr.  Kind of a bummer.

Other things:
ETH-210-TE Ethics in the Digital Age (RA credit) - this is actually called ETH-210: Environmental Ethics

Any of these will work, esp for Humanities, but they all duplicate each other
BUS 108: Business Ethics - Study.com
BUS 310: Advanced Business Ethics (UL) - Study.com
BUS 318: Management Ethics (UL) - Study.com

EC will take Study.com's MAT 97: Intro to Mathematical Reasoning (2cr?) or MAT 99: Essentials of Algebra and Statistics (4cr) for the math requirement (not both though).  These may be easier for some people than some of the other math courses out there. MAT 97 is no longer ACE-recommended, which is where the 2cr came from, but both courses are NCCRS-recommended, and both have a 4cr recommendation through NCCRS.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I truly appreciate all this effort! We've gotten to the point where my youngest and I want to see whether another school might be an easier path to a BS in Psych than Charter Oak is, and this will really help.
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
18 doctoral level semester-hours in Business Administration, Baker College
In progress: EdD in Educational Leadership, Manhattanville College

More at https://stevefoerster.com
(05-23-2022, 11:07 AM)SteveFoerster Wrote: I truly appreciate all this effort! We've gotten to the point where my youngest and I want to see whether another school might be an easier path to a BS in Psych than Charter Oak is, and this will really help.

It probably will be - because both TESU and EC take Coopersmith, which has a lot of UL options.

Although COSC will take UExcel & TECEP exams.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • SteveFoerster

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree Planning Advice For Research (Upper Level) Credit Dnightowl 5 630 03-29-2024, 06:27 PM
Last Post: Dnightowl
  Excelsior BSLA - Upper Level Credits Robinred2404 7 523 03-18-2024, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Robinred2404
  Has excelsior accepted CSM math recently? CM1999 6 995 01-11-2024, 10:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  So disappointed in Excelsior. Should I bail or suck it up for the last class? profstudent 22 5,720 12-06-2023, 02:03 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  New Change to Enrollment at Excelsior U. -- Not Good milah1 12 1,731 10-20-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Excelsior University BS in Liberal Arts Upper Credit Transfer Options Niketay 13 2,397 07-05-2023, 10:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Need to know what UL credits will work for Liberal Arts degree AnyName 20 3,289 06-25-2023, 11:56 PM
Last Post: Kab
  Excelsior University to Ivey League ----> RichestLiberalArtsMajor 5 1,365 06-06-2023, 09:32 AM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  OTmina - Excelsior Degree Plan OTmina 28 4,136 05-16-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: OTmina
  Excelsior Capstone Risa 6 1,820 04-30-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: new2this