Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excelsior exam approval
Hi,

I sent an email to EC advisers asking if the below ECE exams can be used for the missing credits. Please see the below reply from EC. The adviser told me that "Please be aware, that just like course approvals, you will want to submit your requests to take these exams just as you would submit course approvals."

Can someone explain me what does she mean by "you will want to submit your requests to take these exams"?

Thanks
BS

Email from EC:

The ECE Exam, BUSX*323 Business Ethics does meet the requirement. The other exam would NOT count.

The exam Introduction to Sociology SOCX-105 would count for a social science/history requirement at the lower level.

Please be aware, that just like course approvals, you will want to submit your requests to take these exams just as you would submit course approvals.

Kind Regards,

Samantha
Academic Advisor

Previous Message:
May I know if the below ECE exams will fulfill the following requirement?

Ethics requirement: Business Ethics(BUSX-323) / Bio Ethics(HUMX-310)

Social Sciences/History requirement: Introduction to Sociology SOCX-105

thanks
it means if you do not get approval, but you go ahead and pay the money and take the exam anyway and then they reject the credit you have no one to blame but yourself for wasting your money

get approval first before you pay for the exam
Thanks.

Well, I sent an email asking for approval. Is there any other way to get approval?
On your MAP, click on the requirement under progress and you will see the list of exams that apply to the requirement. There you can select the exam. Your advisor will then approve it on your MAP. I take exams on a regular basis that haven't been pre-approved. Be aware that many of the advisors at Excelsior are inexperienced and sometimes you have to fight an issue by going over their head. My experience with the liberal arts department almost drove me to another school.
TESC 2015 - BSBA, Computer Information Systems

TESC 2019 - 21 Post-bachelor accounting credits
Upton, Thanks for the update
Is there a way to preapprove CLEPs other than the email route?
Don't forget that gaining college credit by taking exams is one of the reason's we're here. That's mainly possible through the flashcards made available by the owner of this forum : InstantCert Plus of course your hard work in learning and reviewing
Current Credits

Irish Education

FETAC Level 6 Adv Cert in Admin

Spreadsheets 5 U.S credits A ,Word Processing 2.5 U.S credits A
Business Management 5.0 U.S credits A Web Authoring 2.5 U.S credits A Communications 5.0 U.S credits A Manual and Computerized Bookkeeping 2.5 U.S Credits A

ECDL (European Computer Drivers License) ICS SKILLS 5 credits

Strayer University Marketing 100 (paid for by Starbucks) A 4.5 quarter hours
CLEP U.S History I 74, U.S History II 69, Western Civ II 61, Western Civ I 64, HG&D 60, Humanities 60, biz law 67,Am Gov 57.
DSST: Biz ethics & s 450, Art WW 424
EC CCS 120 A , EC ENG 101 A, EC BUS 312 H.R A , EC ENG 102 A,
B&M ACC 151 B, B&M ACC 152 (starting) Nat Scies,
Only ECEs can be approved through the map. I get the feeling Excelsior is trying to steer students toward their resources, but others have had a different experience. To request approval for CLEP just use the messaging systems on the excelsior website and send a message to your advisor. You can send a message straight from MAP and it goes directly to your advisor. If you haven't seen this document, it might help figure out what applies.
http://www.excelsior.edu/c/document_libr...upId=78666
TESC 2015 - BSBA, Computer Information Systems

TESC 2019 - 21 Post-bachelor accounting credits
Thank you UptonSinclair. All of those exams are ECE exams. I spoke to one of the advisers at EC and I was told that I can email them the external exams. They have approved my couple of CLEP exams.

UptonSinclair Wrote:On your MAP, click on the requirement under progress and you will see the list of exams that apply to the requirement. There you can select the exam. Your advisor will then approve it on your MAP. I take exams on a regular basis that haven't been pre-approved. Be aware that many of the advisors at Excelsior are inexperienced and sometimes you have to fight an issue by going over their head. My experience with the liberal arts department almost drove me to another school.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unofficial DegreeForum Wiki - Credit by Exam info, Degree Plans, etc dcan 43 26,944 08-17-2018, 11:29 AM
Last Post: elenlushk
  TECEP - do I have to wait until the start of a Term to take the exam? Kelly Green 4 2,019 08-16-2018, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  Excelsior HR Degree Progress glgamerica 6 1,822 07-31-2018, 10:44 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Excelsior: ALEKS Beginning Algebra duplicates ... bluebooger 13 3,161 07-26-2018, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Exfactor
  Excelsior College 47th Annual Commencement - 12 Year Old Graduate Life Long Learning 16 4,910 07-26-2018, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Excelsior homeschoolmom1 1 1,277 07-20-2018, 11:10 AM
Last Post: hsfamfun
  Excelsior homeschoolmom1 0 956 07-19-2018, 02:06 PM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  Excelsior annual fees homeschoolmom1 1 1,255 07-14-2018, 11:27 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
Photo Shmoop Excelsior Evaluations In ReyMysterioso 0 1,768 06-27-2018, 10:20 AM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Excelsior College awarded 245K for Advanced Nuclear Project Life Long Learning 1 1,214 06-25-2018, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning