Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Residency Waiver good for 1 year from payment date
Just paid my residency waiver. They told me to open a ticket after I paid it to let them know. After I opened the ticket, I got a response that the waiver has been to my account and would be good for one year from my payment date and gave me an expiration date. May be useful for those that may want to come back for a second degree within a year.
Thanks for letting us know... that's awesome, I thought it was 1 year for the residency waiver as I remember...
Did you pay by credit card or from a banking institution? I read somewhere they're going to be charging 2.X% for credit card processing.
Forgot what the exact date is though... I am not able to graduate yet as I still have to get some more courses so I get my ASNSM as well.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Good to know. Different people had been told different things, so it's good to get it nailed down.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Aurelius Wrote:May be useful for those that may want to come back for a second degree within a year.

I'm newer to this. Can you give me the basics? Graduating people can buy a "residency waiver" which is much cheaper than the residency fee?

Ideas Wrote:I'm newer to this. Can you give me the basics? Graduating people can buy a "residency waiver" which is much cheaper than the residency fee?

No. The residency waiver is the name of it, it's TESU's way of saying that because you didn't take 16cr there, you have to pay for it.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Really? When I asked - within the last month mind you - if the waiver covered a time period the reply was;

"You will need to pay two different residency waiver fee for the different graduations. The only way around that is if you graduate with the AA and Bachelors in the same graduation, then you will have only one residency waiver fee. If you have any other questions, please feel free in contacting us here at the Learner Support Center. Have a great day."

That changes the timetable on my BA if so.
diminutive Wrote:Really? When I asked - within the last month mind you - if the waiver covered a time period the reply was;

"You will need to pay two different residency waiver fee for the different graduations. The only way around that is if you graduate with the AA and Bachelors in the same graduation, then you will have only one residency waiver fee. If you have any other questions, please feel free in contacting us here at the Learner Support Center. Have a great day."

LOL, There may have been some mix up at TESU with info, I think the individual got the residency waiver fee mixed up with the graduation fee.
If you graduate at different times within the year, it will be another graduation fee... but the residency fee should be for the "year" in question.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Here's the actual response:

Quote:Thomas Edison State University - Thomas Edison Students <support@tesc.edu>
Mar 30 (1 day ago)

Dear Captain Hotpants,

We have solved your issue

Dear Captain Hotpants,

We have updated your account to reflect your payment and the fee will be good for one year until 03/30/18.

Have a good day.

Chrystal Guadarrama

Thomas Edison State University

Office of the Bursar
Ideas Wrote:I'm newer to this. Can you give me the basics? Graduating people can buy a "residency waiver" which is much cheaper than the residency fee?

To clarify; there is no separate residency waiver and residency fee. They are the same thing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,998 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,669 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,126 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,663 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,742 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,359 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,604 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,334 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,392 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,868 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore