Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excelsior vs TESU for Bachelors in Business
Hello,
I have been following this board for a while and am looking for advice on completing a BS. I finished an associates degree in business at Excelsior. I found out about Sophia a few weeks ago and have started taking classes there. I am unsure whether to stick with Excelsior or try TESU. I am worried about the credits expiring. According to Excelsior, my English credits expire after 15 years (this year) so I would have to enroll this year or retake English. I am trying to avoid enrollment fees until I am ready. TESU distribution requirements are confusing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
JP
You may want to state what type of degree you want.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
And include existing credit
(05-19-2020, 12:13 PM)mpk1940 Wrote: Hello,
I have been following this board for a while and am looking for advice on completing a BS. I finished an associates degree in business at Excelsior. I found out about Sophia a few weeks ago and have started taking classes there. I am unsure whether to stick with Excelsior or try TESU. I am worried about the credits expiring. According to Excelsior, my English credits expire after 15 years (this year) so I would have to enroll this year or retake English. I am trying to avoid enrollment fees until I am ready. TESU distribution requirements are confusing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
JP

That's interesting.  Did they say why your English credits would expire?

It might be worthwhile to create an account on https://www.transferology.com/ (it's free), plug in your credits, and see what you come up with.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ctcarl's post:
  • ISKBizz15
Hello,
I am considering either the BSBA from TESU or Bachelors of Business from Excelsior. Excelsior says that credits expire after 15 years which will be the end of this year. When I was looking at TESU I saw that there was a statement that said only 50% of classes could be over 7 years and you had to establish currency of 5 years. How do you establish currency with TESU?

Classes
Ant 111 Intro to Cultural Anthropology (3)
ENL 102 Critical Writing (3)
EDU 207 Teaching as a career (3)
ENL 265 Business Communication (3)
Math 103 Finite Math (3)
Fin 312 Business Finance (3)
Mgt 312 Legal Framework of Business (3)
Acc 211 Principles of Accounting I (3)
Acc 212 Principles of Accounting II (3)
CIS 110 Computer Literacy (3)
Eco 232 Principles of Macroeconomics (3)
ECO 231 Principles of Microeconomics (3)
ENL 101 Critical Reading / Writing I (3)
Mgt. 311 Organizational Behavior (3)
Mkt 311 Principles of Marketing (3)
SPA 101 Elementary Spanish (3)
His 290 Pirates on the High Seas (3)
Bio 110 Biology (3)
Bus 323 Business Ethics (3)
Inl 102 Information Literacy (1)-EC requirement

Sophia
College Algebra IP
Intro to Statistics IP
US History I (3)
Project Management (3)
Intro to Business IP

Thanks for any help or suggestions
JP
(05-19-2020, 05:05 PM)ctcarl Wrote:
JP

It might be worthwhile to create an account on https://www.transferology.com/ (it's free), plug in your credits, and see what you come up with.
I'm not sure about Excelsior, but TESU doesn't provide data to Transferology (that's the error that pops up when you look for TESU in their database).
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

(05-19-2020, 05:41 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote:
JP

I'm not sure about Excelsior, but TESU doesn't provide data to Transferology (that's the error that pops up when you look for TESU in their database).

Not to ask a stupid question, but...is there more than one TESU?

Attached Files
.jpg   TESU.jpg (Size: 137.61 KB / Downloads: 31)
(05-19-2020, 06:26 PM)ctcarl Wrote:
(05-19-2020, 05:41 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote:
JP

Not to ask a stupid question, but...is there more than one TESU?
How did you get it to work? Everytime I get that error I posted
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

(05-19-2020, 06:51 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote: How did you get it to work? Everytime I get that error I posted

I didn't do anything special.  I checked for a 1996 Excelsior history course (Excelsior was there, the course itself wasn't, but there's a provision to add it) and then just for grins, I tried TESU.  It seemed to work as you can see from my screencap.

If it's not working for you, I'd suggest clearing cookies & temp files or trying a new browser.  If that doesn't do the trick, you can try creating a new account, or just shoot Transferology a support request here: https://www.transferology.com/contactus.htm
(05-19-2020, 05:30 PM)mpk1940 Wrote: Hello,
I am considering either the BSBA from TESU or Bachelors of Business from Excelsior. Excelsior says that credits expire after 15 years which will be the end of this year. When I was looking at TESU I saw that there was a statement that said only 50% of classes could be over 7 years and you had to establish currency of 5 years. How do you establish currency with TESU?

Thanks for any help or suggestions
JP

Which bachelor's degree in business at EC? There's a BPS and BS. They each have different requirements. The BS program has a time limit on ALL business courses. I'm in the process of enrolling in the BPS in Business and Management program right now.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 508 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 450 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 467 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 15 2,285 04-04-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Kones
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 258 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,221 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 231 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 370 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 300 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 277 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27