Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Experimental Psychology - TESC edited textbook requirement
Yet another course that requires a TESC specific "can only be bought from TESC's bookstore" textbook.

I am getting really annoyed with this.

Has anyone here taken this course and if so, how necessary was it to have this TESC specific "study guide"?

The mentor says that every written assignment requires it.

I already bought the textbook and the publishers study guide for it, don't really want to buy another book period, let alone at their bookstores ridiculous prices. Amazon doesn't seem to have it.
Total Newb Big Grin - Enrolled at TESC for AA, eventually going for BA Psych.

Thanks to everyone who provides such awesome information on this site, I'm slowly getting the hang of this crazy process.

CLEP - Intro. Psych. - 63, A&I Literature - 72, Intro. Edu. Psych. - 59
ALEKS - Intermediate Algebra
FEMA - 12 Credits
Just a suggestion through MyEdison there is a student section, where you can buy and sell textbooks with other students. Perhaps someone is selling the book you need.
BA in Social Science-TESC
Arnold Fletcher Award

[h=1]“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” ~Thomas Edison[/h]
ironheadjack Wrote:Just a suggestion through MyEdison there is a student section, where you can buy and sell textbooks with other students. Perhaps someone is selling the book you need.

Good idea, I'll have to see if there's anything there.

I always forget about that because it was down for the longest time when I first started and then recently it seemed as though they wiped everything and started fresh and there were literally no postings.

But it could be that I'm simply not tech savvy enough to figure it out, lol.

Thanks to everyone who provides such awesome information on this site, I'm slowly getting the hang of this crazy process.

FEMA - 12 Credits
I just found the student discussion thing I was saying and half way down the first page someone is selling the following:

Quote:Hi I have an experimental psychology 322 study guide book that is only issued by thomas Edison only ​brand new no marks or paper missing book is about 60 dollars willing to sell for dollars

That might be what you need.
Arnold Fletcher Award

[h=1]“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” ~Thomas Edison[/h]
ironheadjack Wrote:Just a suggestion through MyEdison there is a student section, where you can buy and sell textbooks with other students. Perhaps someone is selling the book you need.

ironheadjack Wrote:I just found the student discussion thing I was saying
I'm interested in finding this TESC "student discussion thing"! I've heard about it and searched for it but haven't been able to find it. Where might it be? Do you log in to Moodle or what? When I go to MyEdison it doesn't seem to be used anymore—they're directing everyone to Moodle.
BA History 2014 - TESC

The Lord is my shepherd. Psalm 23

"I'm going on an adventure!' ~AUJ
"It is our fight." ~DoS
"I am not alone." ~BotFA
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that's given to us." ~FotR
"There is still hope." ~TTT
"Courage..." "This day, we fight!" ~RotK

CLEP: A&I Lit 74 ~ Am Lit 73 ~ Eng Lit 72 ~ Humanities 75 ~ College Math 77 ~ Western Civ I 63 ~ Western Civ II 69 ~ Natural Sci 64 ~ US History I 76 ~ US History II 69 ~ Sociology 68 ~ Am Gov 69 ~ Social Sci & Hist 71 ~ College Comp 61 ~ Marketing 70 ~ Management 66 ~ Psychology 67

DSST: Supervision 453 ~ Tech Writing 61 ~ Computing 427 ~ Middle East 65 ~ Soviet Union 65 ~ Vietnam War 74 ~[COLOR="#0099cc"] Civil War 68

[/COLOR]Other: College+ Biblical Social Justice B ~ ECE World Conflicts Since 1900 A

TESC courses: Capstone A ~ Leaders in History A ~ Photography 101 A- ~ Games People Play A ~ International Relations A- ~ Mass Communications I A

$5 off IC - 59690
My hair jewelry business
Westerner Wrote:I'm interested in finding this TESC "student discussion thing"! I've heard about it and searched for it but haven't been able to find it. Where might it be? Do you log in to Moodle or what? When I go to MyEdison it doesn't seem to be used anymore—they're directing everyone to Moodle.

It is in Moodle... in the panel below your courses.

It's the first link in the "My Resources" Student section.

FEMA - 12 Credits
Still really hoping to not have to buy another book especially since the course already started. So if anyone has taken this course please weigh in lol

FEMA - 12 Credits
If you sign in through this link you should be able to see it right below the courses you are enrolled in.

myEdisonÂ
Arnold Fletcher Award

JBtesc Wrote:It is in Moodle... in the panel below your courses.

It's the first link in the "My Resources" Student section.

ironheadjack Wrote:If you sign in through this link you should be able to see it right below the courses you are enrolled in.

myEdisonÂ
Wow, thank you!!!! Can’t believe I was missing it all this time Rolleyes
BA History 2014 - TESC

The Lord is my shepherd. Psalm 23

"I'm going on an adventure!' ~AUJ
"It is our fight." ~DoS
"I am not alone." ~BotFA
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that's given to us." ~FotR
"There is still hope." ~TTT
"Courage..." "This day, we fight!" ~RotK

CLEP: A&I Lit 74 ~ Am Lit 73 ~ Eng Lit 72 ~ Humanities 75 ~ College Math 77 ~ Western Civ I 63 ~ Western Civ II 69 ~ Natural Sci 64 ~ US History I 76 ~ US History II 69 ~ Sociology 68 ~ Am Gov 69 ~ Social Sci & Hist 71 ~ College Comp 61 ~ Marketing 70 ~ Management 66 ~ Psychology 67

DSST: Supervision 453 ~ Tech Writing 61 ~ Computing 427 ~ Middle East 65 ~ Soviet Union 65 ~ Vietnam War 74 ~[COLOR="#0099cc"] Civil War 68

[/COLOR]Other: College+ Biblical Social Justice B ~ ECE World Conflicts Since 1900 A

TESC courses: Capstone A ~ Leaders in History A ~ Photography 101 A- ~ Games People Play A ~ International Relations A- ~ Mass Communications I A

$5 off IC - 59690
My hair jewelry business

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Member - Need Assistance With TESU Psychology Plan joshyjosh 7 2,219 08-05-2018, 10:01 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU gen. ed. algebra requirement alternatives? kietro 5 1,712 07-27-2018, 09:58 AM
Last Post: rckola911
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,629 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  TESU Psychology courses & grad school prospects. advancedmemetics 5 1,731 07-06-2018, 11:35 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  TECEP to meet residency requirement Dowew 2 1,545 06-12-2018, 01:14 AM
Last Post: Dowew
  Course plan for BS in Psychology from Charter Oak ryanaryn 15 3,473 06-10-2018, 11:55 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Using electives in BSBA to get most of a Psychology degree done Dowew 3 1,150 06-07-2018, 05:30 AM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU - Free Ethics Course/ Upper-Level vs Ethics Requirement Silly_Me 12 3,186 05-10-2018, 03:31 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  To CLEP the Survey of Lit II requirement: are the optional essays really optional? leland.kirk 2 1,220 05-01-2018, 05:26 PM
Last Post: leland.kirk
  Would someone take a look at my degree plan for TESU (Psychology and History)? Nell0330 9 1,967 04-27-2018, 12:26 PM
Last Post: jsd