Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FACEBOOK Group: Ways to earn cheap college credit
If anyone is on facebook, I have started a group to share ideas/ways to earn
college credit more economically.

it is titled : Ways to earn cheap college credit
I joined up!:hurray:
Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Wile E. Coyote, genius. I am not selling anything nor am I working my way through college, so let's get down to basics: you are a rabbit and I am going to eat you for supper. Now don't try to get away, I am more muscular, more cunning, faster and larger than you are, and I am a genius, while you could hardly pass the entrance examinations to kindergarten, so I'll give you the customary two minutes to say your prayers.

Bachelor of Science in PsychoRabbitology degree
Master of Education with a specialty in Rabbit-specific destructive munitions (or eLearning & Technology, I forget which)
Doctor of Philosophy in Wile E. Leadership with an area of specialty in Acme Mind Expansion - 2017 Hopefully
I joined.

And if anyone wants to add me as a friend and Farmville neighbor, that'd be great. I still need nine more Farmville neighbors to get the blue ribbon! cheersmate
[SIZE="6"]~~ Alissa~~[/SIZE]
[size="4"]"Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right." - - Henry Ford[/size]
[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="2"]DONE:
BS Liberal Studies, Excelsior College May 2009
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Current website favorite:
http://www.careeronestop.org/
alissaroot Wrote:I joined.

And if anyone wants to add me as a friend and Farmville neighbor, that'd be great. I still need nine more Farmville neighbors to get the blue ribbon! cheersmate

you farmville people!?! :roflol:
I have never successfully grown plants in real life, so it's fun to imagine I could if I wanted to.

I will join your mafia if you will be my farm neighbor. :roflol:
[size="4"]"Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right." - - Henry Ford[/size]
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
I just joined.
University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma - 32 credits
Oklahoma City Community College - 9 credits
Charter Oak State College - 3 credits
Penn Foster - 4 credits
BYU Public Speaking (IS) - 3 credits
UP- 21 credits
FEMA - 14 credits
ALEKS - Beginning Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra/Trig, Intro to Statistics, Behavioral Science Statistics, and Business Statistics
CLEPS - Analyzing Lit (55), Human Growth and Development (65), Educational Psychology (63), American Lit (64)
DSSTS - Here's to Your Health (435), Environmental Science (58), Business Ethics (442)

Completed my COSC BS with a concentration in Psychology in Jan. 2012.
Completed Penn Foster Animal Care: Dogs Certificate in April 2012
Completed Penn Foster Natural Health Care for Pets Certificate in May 2012
peace123 Wrote:If anyone is on facebook, I have started a group to share ideas/ways to earn
college credit more economically.

it is titled : Ways to earn cheap college credit

honestly i think it'll take away from the community we have here. it does this by having two discussion boards. we already have a forum here why not just use this. information can be posted there and not here (which could be missed by others).
DSST Environment & Race to Save Humanity *  51/80 Clep CIS  63/80
College Math  66/80 * DSST Business Law II  -  No Pass
Principles of Mgmt  61/80 * A/I Lit  51/80 retest 61/80
Social Sciences and History -  66/80  -  A * Freshman Composition  -  60/80
Intro to Computers  426 -Current System - p/f = pass * Intro to Modern Middle East Studies -  61/80
Human Cultural Geography  -  61/80 * US History I  - A   -61/80
US History II - A  68/80 * Civil War  -  A   57/80
Intro to World Religions  - A  68/80 * Intro to Bus Law -  64/80    A
Public Speaking 55/80  A * MIS 429/500 * Statistics 459/500 * MacroEconomics  57/80
MicroEconomics   53/80 (ran out no money in meter) * Criminal Justice 418/500
English Comp with Essay 58/80 * Personal Finance 406/500 (Ran thru IC once & test once... 40 minutes/98 questions.. close call) 
Principle of Supervision -  436/500 * Clep American Government 67/80  
FEMA's Completed - 49 (sorry i'm addicted to them).

BA - Criminal Justice - Central State University
AAS - Computer Science - TESU
AAS - BOG - Info Tech - Pierpont
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member
I don't think it will take away from this community because not very many people here seem to be on facebook. Also, this facebook page is serving a purpose that this forum doesn't: a concise listing of the cheapest ways to earn college credit-also free advertising for IC. Most of the same information can be found here, of course, and the links on the facebook page will likely lead more people here for information. This forum requires searching through old threads, which can be tedious, and they try to keep the stickies to three or less. So having this convenient list is an addition, a complement, not a substitute.
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
alissaroot Wrote:I don't think it will take away from this community because not very many people here seem to be on facebook. Also, this facebook page is serving a purpose that this forum doesn't: a concise listing of the cheapest ways to earn college credit-also free advertising for IC. Most of the same information can be found here, of course, and the links on the facebook page will likely lead more people here for information. This forum requires searching through old threads, which can be tedious, and they try to keep the stickies to three or less. So having this convenient list is an addition, a complement, not a substitute.

a sticky here though would provide a better listing. the facebook group for some people may become a forum in its own. especially now that there is a discussion section. if people use the discussion board there... how likely are they to use it here? i know how you feel about it being a compliment, but there is a good chance if it grows, it will be competitive and not a complement.
DSST Environment & Race to Save Humanity *  51/80 Clep CIS  63/80
College Math  66/80 * DSST Business Law II  -  No Pass
Principles of Mgmt  61/80 * A/I Lit  51/80 retest 61/80
Social Sciences and History -  66/80  -  A * Freshman Composition  -  60/80
Intro to Computers  426 -Current System - p/f = pass * Intro to Modern Middle East Studies -  61/80
Human Cultural Geography  -  61/80 * US History I  - A   -61/80
US History II - A  68/80 * Civil War  -  A   57/80
Intro to World Religions  - A  68/80 * Intro to Bus Law -  64/80    A
Public Speaking 55/80  A * MIS 429/500 * Statistics 459/500 * MacroEconomics  57/80
MicroEconomics   53/80 (ran out no money in meter) * Criminal Justice 418/500
English Comp with Essay 58/80 * Personal Finance 406/500 (Ran thru IC once & test once... 40 minutes/98 questions.. close call) 
Principle of Supervision -  436/500 * Clep American Government 67/80  
FEMA's Completed - 49 (sorry i'm addicted to them).

BA - Criminal Justice - Central State University
AAS - Computer Science - TESU
AAS - BOG - Info Tech - Pierpont
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member
I agree that a sticky would be a good idea for a nice listing of all the cheapest credits available. Let's see if a moderator agrees with us. If not, I still like the idea of having a convenient list of the cheapest college credits available somewhere.

I still think this community is more active and knowledgeable than the facebook community will ever become. We do have a facebook page for IC that doesn't get many posts or members...all the good stuff is here, not there.
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is the difference between College and University (USA) Personherebb9 8 1,316 12-29-2022, 05:39 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  College of Golf Alpha 5 691 09-11-2022, 07:30 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Richest US College Alpha 6 919 09-09-2022, 04:31 PM
Last Post: cardiacclep
  What does college look like in 10...20 years? cardiacclep 10 1,500 08-25-2022, 04:48 AM
Last Post: MitchellHolst
  College of Winterhold Alpha 1 530 07-28-2022, 12:32 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  College grad paralyzed after chiropractor visit bjcheung77 5 893 07-16-2022, 05:14 AM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Bullying in College , What do I do next? 2L8 15 11,817 06-03-2022, 06:27 AM
Last Post: stephaniesmith44
  3 Ways to Achieve Financial Security Abroad Kal Di 2 609 05-15-2022, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Kal Di
  Has anyone taken a math course at community college? picgirl27 2 715 04-03-2022, 09:54 AM
Last Post: picgirl27
  What Is College Worth in The Media Industry? Kal Di 6 1,098 02-28-2022, 06:48 AM
Last Post: rachel83az