Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FEMA Associates
Saw this on another forum... Complete a certain number of Fema's (which are considered to be in residence. Do one internship (which out of state residents can do), and you can get an associates in Emergency Management.

Catalog page 48

"Brian

Fast, cheap RA A.A.S. in Emergency Management
Check out this web site. You can take free FEMA courses and transfer to college credit at FCC for $60 per credit hour. You must take an exam for each course($25 each) if you are going for the A.A.S degree.
IS-1 Emergency Manager: An Orientation to the Position

Western Carolina University in North Carolina has an online bachelor degree in Emergency Management that you can transfer into."

any opinions?
DSST Environment & Race to Save Humanity *  51/80 Clep CIS  63/80
College Math  66/80 * DSST Business Law II  -  No Pass
Principles of Mgmt  61/80 * A/I Lit  51/80 retest 61/80
Social Sciences and History -  66/80  -  A * Freshman Composition  -  60/80
Intro to Computers  426 -Current System - p/f = pass * Intro to Modern Middle East Studies -  61/80
Human Cultural Geography  -  61/80 * US History I  - A   -61/80
US History II - A  68/80 * Civil War  -  A   57/80
Intro to World Religions  - A  68/80 * Intro to Bus Law -  64/80    A
Public Speaking 55/80  A * MIS 429/500 * Statistics 459/500 * MacroEconomics  57/80
MicroEconomics   53/80 (ran out no money in meter) * Criminal Justice 418/500
English Comp with Essay 58/80 * Personal Finance 406/500 (Ran thru IC once & test once... 40 minutes/98 questions.. close call) 
Principle of Supervision -  436/500 * Clep American Government 67/80  
FEMA's Completed - 49 (sorry i'm addicted to them).

BA - Criminal Justice - Central State University
AAS - Computer Science - TESU
AAS - BOG - Info Tech - Pierpont
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member
I'd do it if they didn't want me to take a $25 dollar test for every FEMA module, not to mention the $60 per credit transfer fee.
Jesse
BA, Thomas Edison State College
MS, Grand Canyon University
creationstory Wrote:Saw this on another forum... Complete a certain number of Fema's (which are considered to be in residence. Do one internship (which out of state residents can do), and you can get an associates in Emergency Management.

Catalog page 48

"Brian

Fast, cheap RA A.A.S. in Emergency Management
Check out this web site. You can take free FEMA courses and transfer to college credit at FCC for $60 per credit hour. You must take an exam for each course($25 each) if you are going for the A.A.S degree.
IS-1 Emergency Manager: An Orientation to the Position

Western Carolina University in North Carolina has an online bachelor degree in Emergency Management that you can transfer into."

any opinions?

I have to agree that they shoot themselves in the foot by charging an additional $25 per course on top of the $60 to transfer the FEMA courses. Plus I took my FEMA courses at the beginning of last year. Not that it would be that difficult but I would have to restudy for each and every exam which would be completely counterproductive considering I already studied and passed the test once through FEMA. Strange if you ask me. :confused:
I was just reading the catalog and I cannot find anywhere that is says you are required to take an exam for every module completed through FEMA. Does anyone know exactly where it shows this in the catalog. Maybe I am missing something right in front of my face.Big Grin

*EDIT*: Ok I found this "Note: After completing FEM Module Seven courses indicated above, students must pass a
comprehensive exam on that module. Contact the Frederick Community College emergency
management program manager to arrange an exam." This however does not say anything about having to take the exam after completing the FEMA courses or is that how we are supposed to read into it consider the FEMA IS number designations behind the description?

*EDIT a second time*: Ok I found it....it appears that this is right. 4 modules which each require a comprehensive exam after completing them through FEMA. ----> "Upon completion of the FEM modules as indicated below,
students will take a comprehensive exam for each module. There are four such modules and exams.
Contact the Frederick Community College Emergency Management Program Manager to arrange
the exams.
For more information on taking FEM courses in this program, please visit the FEMA Web site: http://
training.fema.gov/EMIWeb/IS/"

This definately presents a problem for me considering I took the FEMA courses almost a year ago.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Salvaging FEMA credits CaughtInTheRye12 6 474 12-28-2023, 11:57 PM
Last Post: CaughtInTheRye12
  FEMA Credits - Can I Use Them Somewhere? pkmoose 8 2,090 09-16-2020, 08:19 AM
Last Post: withrown
  COSC no longer accepts FEMA IS NoStudentNoCry 4 1,207 06-23-2020, 01:54 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  FEMA Certificate cookderosa 1 1,121 10-09-2019, 12:19 AM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  My son has to take a FEMA IS course!! dfrecore 9 2,561 01-07-2018, 08:25 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Associates in Computer ... something? BingCherry 61 6,090 06-02-2017, 12:20 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Associates degree and unrelated Bachelor's? (and Grad school enrollment) Ideas 31 4,731 05-16-2017, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  Question for those with two associates degrees n2yoga 8 5,186 05-13-2017, 10:21 AM
Last Post: hsfamfun
  Associates Degree - After a Bachelors Degree Synicaal 9 1,951 02-15-2017, 08:27 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Help with last few credits for TESU Associates LxJxG 5 808 02-11-2017, 08:23 PM
Last Post: KayV