Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FEMA Certificate
Once upon a time, FEMA allowed you to earn a certificate using (I think) 7 or so of their IS courses. I can't find it online anymore, and my search results here aren't turning anything up. Anyone have any info on if this is still a thing?
EDIT

Of course I just found it after I posted lol.

The Professional Development Series includes seven Emergency Management Institute Independent Study courses that provide a well-rounded set of fundamentals for those in the emergency management profession. When a student has completed all courses in the series, the Independent Study Program Office automatically issues a certificate of completion, via email, directly to the student at the email address that was provided during the last test submission. Please allow 1-2 business days to receive the email. The courses, in recommended order of completion, are:

IS120.c An Introduction to Exercises
IS230.d Principles of Emergency Management
IS235.c Emergency Planning
IS240.b Leadership and Influence
IS241.b Decision Making and Problem Solving
IS242.b Effective Communication
IS244.b Developing and Managing Volunteers
[-] The following 3 users Like cookderosa's post:
  • hsfamfun, Life Long Learning, shadowgem
(10-08-2019, 12:41 PM)cookderosa Wrote: Once upon a time, FEMA allowed you to earn a certificate using (I think) 7 or so of their IS courses. I can't find it online anymore, and my search results here aren't turning anything up. Anyone have any info on if this is still a thing?
EDIT

The Professional Development Series includes seven Emergency Management Institute Independent Study courses that provide a well-rounded set of fundamentals for those in the emergency management profession. When a student has completed all courses in the series, the Independent Study Program Office automatically issues a certificate of completion, via email, directly to the student at the email address that was provided during the last test submission. Please allow 1-2 business days to receive the email. The courses, in recommended order of completion, are:

Are you talking about thr FEMA PDS Cert? I just did that one at the beginning of this year. If you that's the one you're talking about I saw it still on thr website

(10-09-2019, 12:19 AM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote:
(10-08-2019, 12:41 PM)cookderosa Wrote: Once upon a time, FEMA allowed you to earn a certificate using (I think) 7 or so of their IS courses. I can't find it online anymore, and my search results here aren't turning anything up. Anyone have any info on if this is still a thing?
EDIT

Are you talking about thr FEMA PDS Cert? I just did that one at the beginning of this year. If you that's the one you're talking about I saw it still on thr website
Didn't see that you found it , but it was super easy and quick to do.
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

[-] The following 2 users Like ROYISAGIRL's post:
  • hsfamfun, Life Long Learning

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Salvaging FEMA credits CaughtInTheRye12 6 507 12-28-2023, 11:57 PM
Last Post: CaughtInTheRye12
  UK - Professional certificate - 69£ Imbanewbie 2 507 12-04-2023, 10:41 PM
Last Post: Johann
  Google IT Support Professional Certificate - ACE expiring soon? lumina 12 1,534 03-03-2023, 07:34 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  edx - Ec Council- Professional Certificate in Cybersecurity Essentials Imbanewbie 5 1,124 02-24-2023, 01:41 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Google Project Management: Professional Certificate midnite123 5 1,633 10-06-2022, 07:46 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  New USF Certificate Program TINASAM 3 687 06-23-2022, 12:30 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  MS Office Certificate TINASAM 10 1,385 02-07-2022, 05:29 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Official University Certificate for $200 (best quality deal) Life Long Learning 38 7,251 02-05-2022, 10:17 AM
Last Post: collegecareerstudent
  Free Diversity Certificate TINASAM 5 1,214 06-09-2021, 03:54 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  New USF Certificate: Emerging Trends in Global Services and Retail Management ss20ts 10 1,631 06-02-2021, 10:56 AM
Last Post: rachel83az