Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FEMA Independent Study online classes for military service with GED
I know this has been asked, actually found the site through searching for hours. I have a GED, I am 22. I scored a 54 on my asvab, and 114 for my GT score, I want to go 11x, later on 75th Ranger Regiment. I have been a firefighter for two years, college is kind of hard for me at the moment, i just totaled my car, and moved to another area. I have one arrest, no conviction, no plea bargains, charges were withdrawn and rescinded. I have a strong military family. I need help from those who know what i need to do. I do not want to do a credit bank as i found that the army does not accept it. What is the easiest & fastest way to get CLEP or FEMA credits transferred to a college transcript so i can join, have been trying for 3 years, I am very smart, I believe i can make a difference in the military. I will take 24 FEMA classes so i can get in with advanced rank np. but how do i get a transcript without paying $2000 that MEPS will accept, accredited schools only thank you
Easiest, fastest is to take the FEMA and transcribe them through Frederick cc. 24 credits that way will run you about $1800. For that kind of money you could almost have a degree from charter oak though (AS).

FEMA will issue is own transcript for free, but if they won't accept it from a credit bank I doubt they will accept it from FEMA direct.

You could take the 24 or so FEMA, enroll at charter oak, transfer in the FEMA,finish the cornerstone and then have an official transcript with 30 or so credits....and be within shooting distance of that AS degree.
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
What state are you in? A few schools like red rocks cc work with the FEMA direct...but you have to be in those states red rocks is in Colorado.
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
What about Clackmas?
Found out how for $50 thx everyone. hopefully be in the military in a year
kbk1061 Wrote:Found out how for $50 thx everyone. hopefully be in the military in a year

Care to share?
AS in EMS August 2010

rebel100 Wrote:Care to share?

I will if it works. i dont like to waste others time or money. and i dont need every recruiter office flooded lol :coolgleam:
kbk1061 Wrote:I will if it works. i dont like to waste others time or money. and i dont need every recruiter office flooded lol :coolgleam:

You should probably go ahead and share. Based on what I know about this forum, somebody here already knows whether or not what you're doing will work, and can save you from wasting your time.
publius2k4 Wrote:You should probably go ahead and share. Based on what I know about this forum, somebody here already knows whether or not what you're doing will work, and can save you from wasting your time.

ok, heres an update
*Update* I am in missouri, i have contacted AMU and they have been very friendly, the 5 FEMA classes i have sent to be evaluated by their evaluation team to see if they will even be accepted before i send any money, im up to 7 but i believe i have already taken my ICS 100 & 200 through the fire department a couple years ago. when i hear back i will let you All know thanks for all the help so far

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  American Legion research study Alpha 3 1,500 10-28-2022, 07:42 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  opinion on military school for ADHD teen EducationSeeker 18 2,929 10-14-2022, 02:22 PM
Last Post: martamarti
  Service = Credits Alpha 5 1,415 06-04-2022, 07:43 AM
Last Post: vetvso
  Brandman...Earn your Master's in only 7 classes. blaqberry 21 12,587 10-20-2021, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Insert Name
Star DAU Courses Available Online and For College Credit kvolivera 89 25,865 04-14-2021, 06:12 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Free Online CLEP Training Alpha 2 1,862 01-12-2021, 06:47 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  GI Bill for independent and distance learning options BBryant165 1 1,318 08-20-2020, 12:23 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  ACE credit for possible military enlistment? dfrecore 33 5,575 05-27-2020, 09:59 PM
Last Post: anewmanx
  Have a military education exit strategy. vetvso 26 5,533 05-07-2020, 10:11 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  20% off Coopersmith for Active Military Zachcleigh 0 1,773 12-04-2019, 12:37 PM
Last Post: Zachcleigh