Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FEMA Independent Study online classes for military service with GED
update* Amu or Apus will take about 4 fema classes and turn them into one credit. not worth the time. Think im going to get a loan and go through fcc for about 1200 to get my 15.
kbk1061 Wrote:I know this has been asked, actually found the site through searching for hours. I have a GED, I am 22. I scored a 54 on my asvab, and 114 for my GT score, I want to go 11x, later on 75th Ranger Regiment. I have been a firefighter for two years, college is kind of hard for me at the moment, i just totaled my car, and moved to another area. I have one arrest, no conviction, no plea bargains, charges were withdrawn and rescinded. I have a strong military family. I need help from those who know what i need to do. I do not want to do a credit bank as i found that the army does not accept it. What is the easiest & fastest way to get CLEP or FEMA credits transferred to a college transcript so i can join, have been trying for 3 years, I am very smart, I believe i can make a difference in the military. I will take 24 FEMA classes so i can get in with advanced rank np. but how do i get a transcript without paying $2000 that MEPS will accept, accredited schools only thank you

Who told you the Army doesn't accept credit banks?

I had 18 B&M college credits before I joined the Army, I took ~30 FEMA courses and had everything "banked" at TESC. Approximately $400 later I enlisted as an E-3/PFC.

Credit Banking
BA in Social Science-TESC
Arnold Fletcher Award

[h=1]“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” ~Thomas Edison[/h]
ironheadjack Wrote:Who told you the Army doesn't accept credit banks?

I had 18 B&M college credits before I joined the Army, I took ~30 FEMA courses and had everything "banked" at TESC. Approximately $400 later I enlisted as an E-3/PFC.

Credit Banking

Can you tell me what your enlistment code was ? whats b&m ?
B&M=Brick and mortar, meaning a college with a physical location as opposed to online schools.

I have no idea what (my) an Enlistment code is.

Who told you the Army doesn't accept credit banks?? Do you need college credits because you have a GED and cannot get a waiver, or are you trying to join as an E-2?
Arnold Fletcher Award

[h=1]“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” ~Thomas Edison[/h]
Had you applied yourself to study and a degree program back in April when you first posted this you could be nearing completion of an aa or as degree.

Sometimes the obvious,well trodden path is the path of least resistance.
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
ironheadjack Wrote:B&M=Brick and mortar, meaning a college with a physical location as opposed to online schools.

I have no idea what (my) an Enlistment code is.

Who told you the Army doesn't accept credit banks?? Do you need college credits because you have a GED and cannot get a waiver, or are you trying to join as an E-2?

I need credits to join with a GED.
Here is a quick idea for you. Find out which CLEPs your local community college accepts, knock out those CLEPs and have the results sent to the community college. It would take a maximum of 5 CLEPs to get the 15 credits needed to join.
TESC 2015 - BSBA, Computer Information Systems

TESC 2019 - 21 Post-bachelor accounting credits
kbk1061 Wrote:I need credits to join with a GED.

Once again, who told you the Army doesn't accept credit banks?

A credit bank is essentially a college transcript which lists all of your college courses. TESC will bank 15+ FEMA courses for ~$400. Which is much cheaper then $1200 from FCC.

If a recruiter told you the Army doesn't accept credit banks, then go above his head, because I for one know that the Army accepts a credit bank filled with FEMA courses I did it; second it makes no sense why the Army wouldn't accept a transcript from a regionally accredited school.
Arnold Fletcher Award

rebel100 Wrote:Had you applied yourself to study and a degree program back in April when you first posted this you could be nearing completion of an aa or as degree.

Sometimes the obvious,well trodden path is the path of least resistance.

Amen! At least a year wasted for me.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  American Legion research study Alpha 3 1,500 10-28-2022, 07:42 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  opinion on military school for ADHD teen EducationSeeker 18 2,929 10-14-2022, 02:22 PM
Last Post: martamarti
  Service = Credits Alpha 5 1,416 06-04-2022, 07:43 AM
Last Post: vetvso
  Brandman...Earn your Master's in only 7 classes. blaqberry 21 12,587 10-20-2021, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Insert Name
Star DAU Courses Available Online and For College Credit kvolivera 89 25,870 04-14-2021, 06:12 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Free Online CLEP Training Alpha 2 1,862 01-12-2021, 06:47 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  GI Bill for independent and distance learning options BBryant165 1 1,319 08-20-2020, 12:23 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  ACE credit for possible military enlistment? dfrecore 33 5,575 05-27-2020, 09:59 PM
Last Post: anewmanx
  Have a military education exit strategy. vetvso 26 5,533 05-07-2020, 10:11 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  20% off Coopersmith for Active Military Zachcleigh 0 1,773 12-04-2019, 12:37 PM
Last Post: Zachcleigh