Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FEMA credits AAS-EM Degree Plan (completed). My experience!
You do not need a State trainer. They have nothing to do with this degree program. The Oregon State trainer has nothing to do with this program. OEM has an advisor only. I do not think you may be reading it correctly. This degree is 100% good in any State. Some States have just researched it and endorsed it a step beyond.
cathgrl Wrote:I see, though, that state trainers are only approved in five states, so your mileage may definitely vary.
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

Number 1 greatest fact is DEBT FREE.cheersmate The courses are only $40 per course!
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

Congratulations :hurray: Happy Easter!

Life Long Learning Wrote:Number 1 greatest fact is DEBT FREE.cheersmate The courses are only $40 per course!
Great question!

FEMA CORE: 42 EM Credits (28 Courses) 28x $40 = $1,120
FEMA Electives: 19 EM Credits (14 Courses) 14x $40 = $560
It took me 4 Quarters/Terms (10-months start to finish) of some term/grad fees? = $300 (my guess)
Estimated AAS-EM Total = $1,980:patriot:

FEMA Extra Courses: 6 EM Credits (6 Courses) 6x $40 = $240......................This is NOT needed, but I wanted them.
Credit for Prior Learning (CPL): 71 Credits x $10 =$710...............................This is NOT needed, but I wanted them.

General Electives 15.33 SH Credits (23 Qtr hours): FREE
*Note: I transferred in HST-202 History of the United State B 4 *TE
*Note: I transferred in BA-212 Financial Accounting II..... C 4 *TE
*Note: I transferred in EC-202 Principles of Econ: MACRO P 4 *TE
*Note: I transferred in SOC-204 Intro to Sociology C 4 *TE
*Note: I transferred in CS-120 Survey of Computing P 4 *TE
*Note: I transferred in COMM-111 (Speech) 4 *TE.................................This can also be a FEMA PIO FREE Course

ronaldemail1 Wrote:How much money did you require to complete the degree?

So I've been looking in to this program, I read on the degree plan that you can only add 18 credits per quarter? Is this true? Also if that is correct, how is that handled on initial enrollment? I already have about 85% of the courses required already, should I wait to submit coursework until I have more courses complete?
AAS in Environmental Safety & Security Technologies from TESC - Completed 2014
and BA Emergency & Disaster Mgmt at American Military University with a minor in Security Management - Completed

Completed:
FEMA: 20 credit hours, B&M: 33 credit hours, AARTS: 14 credit hours, certifications
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra
CLEP: Analyzing & Interpret. Literature CLEP - 66, English Composition Modular CLEP - 58, American Government CLEP - 58, Social Sciences & History CLEP - 63
DSST: Intro to Computing DSST - 452
Straighterline: Business Ethics (88%), Criminal Justice (94%), World Religions (93%), Cultural Anthropology (92%), Intro to Sociology (94%)
TECEP: CIS 107, ENGL 102, PSY 270, BIO 208
They only limit EM credits (18 per quarter term). I would start this term ASAP and send in your first 18 credits ASAP. Enroll online into the general college so they know who you are. Send in FORM with EM Course Certificates and check to Lizz. You should have Spring Term and Summer Term completed!cheersmate

My four quarter terms were 22, 43, 39, and 37 credits per term. I did a ton of Credit by Prior Learning (CPL) credits. No limit on other credits.

I graduated last Fall and still add EM credits as I take them from FEMA/TEEX/CDP etc. I added 7 last term and 3 credits last week to this term. I do this for a hobby!

defscarlett Wrote:So I've been looking in to this program, I read on the degree plan that you can only add 18 credits per quarter? Is this true? Also if that is correct, how is that handled on initial enrollment? I already have about 85% of the courses required already, should I wait to submit coursework until I have more courses complete?

I noticed that you were awarded a lot of credits via CPL. How is the credit for prior learning process handled at Clackamas? Did they make you create a portfolio?

Life Long Learning Wrote:Credit for Prior Learning (CPL): 71 Credits x $10 =$710...............................This is NOT needed, but I wanted them.
I submitted unsolicited CPL form with my proof that I think proved my learning and let the professor decide. Each professor was different.
Valerion Wrote:I noticed that you were awarded a lot of credits via CPL. How is the credit for prior learning process handled at Clackamas? Did they make you create a portfolio?

Life Long Learning Wrote:I submitted unsolicited CPL form with my proof that I think proved my learning and let the professor decide. Each professor was different.

I am brand new to the website and am looking for someone to show me the ropes around here. If anyone can direct message me from my profile, (which didn't work for me when I tried to direct message someone) or make a post on my public wall, which I'm assuming I will be able to see once someone writes to it. Thank you oh so Kindly, and continue to be great!

-barberq
soon2beCertified Wrote:I am brand new to the website and am looking for someone to show me the ropes around here. If anyone can direct message me from my profile, (which didn't work for me when I tried to direct message someone) or make a post on my public wall, which I'm assuming I will be able to see once someone writes to it. Thank you oh so Kindly, and continue to be great!

-barberq

Hi!

I'm new here,too.

This question is probably best answered by creating your own introduction / help me thread, than tacking it onto a thread on a different topic.

Easy answer- read. Use the search function for the topics you need. Read more. Then, if you don't see the exact answer you need, post up! People around here have been, to a fault, helpful to me.

Best Wishes in your journey!
Angel 
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies Thomas Edison State University 2018
Cert in Emergency Management -
Three Rivers CC 2017
Cert in Basic Police Ed - Walters State CC 1996

Current Goal: new job
Working on: securing funding I don't have to pay back for a Masters.
Up Next: Toying with Masters Programs
Finished: First Degree

Older Experience with: PLA / Portfolios, RPNow, Proctor U, ACE, NCCRS, DAVAR Academy (formerly Tor), Straighterline, TESU, Ed4Credit, Study.com, The Institutes, Kaplan, ALEKS, FEMA IS, NFA IS, brick & mortar community colleges, LOTS of vocational schools...

My list of academic courses:
link

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 7 1,499 04-06-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Rubeferry18
  Help - Math Degree for Grad School Frederico.Sandoval 9 584 04-03-2024, 12:21 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New UK Bachelors Degree Online coming soon! Leedeedee 1 261 04-03-2024, 11:54 AM
  Cheapest degree in graphic design? blablablox 10 600 03-30-2024, 12:44 PM
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,688 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 566 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,926 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
  If I transfer OTHM Diploma into US University, will they be counted as RA credits? lucillegyl 7 681 02-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: lucillegyl
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 497 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 283 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain