Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FREE 1-credit business class from Sophia- Developing Effective Teams
dfrecore Wrote:I couldn't choose it as a course. I took a free course once I logged in, so I'm guessing I'm not allowed this one.

I took a free Sophia course previously and was still able to take this one.
TESU BA June 2018.
Various business certificates still to do.
The Sophia Learning course, Developing Effective Teams, will transfer over as HRM-299 @ 1 credit. It will apply towards the area of study upon transfer.

This is from TESU.
ndelcollo Wrote:The Sophia Learning course, Developing Effective Teams, will transfer over as HRM-299 @ 1 credit. It will apply towards the area of study upon transfer.

This is from TESU.

Thanks for looking into it and reporting back!
COMPELTED
CLEP: Calculus (75), Precalculus (71), Info Sys and Comp Apps (78), College Mathematics (63), College Algebra (65).
SL: Calc I, Calc II, C++, Intro to Religion, Intro to Business, Business Ethics, Prin of Mgmt, Bus. Law, A&P I, A&P II
Study.com: Principles of Marketing, Microbiology
edX: Intro to Dif. Eq., Linear Dif. Eq.
UND Ind. Study: Discrete Math
APU/AMU: Linear Algebra, Mathmatical Modeling
TECEP: Nutrition
B&M: Far too many!
I was a new Sophia student - registered with no problem. The class was very straightforward...I've had to sit through a number of trainings that covered a lot of this, so I was able to finish the challenges without looking at the course materials. About 15 minutes after finishing/passing, I went to ACE to get it added to my transcript. Sophia confirmed and I had the approval email from ACE *literally* less than 10 minutes after submitting! Woo!

You folks are amazing - I have to go digging through more past posts to see what other things I've missed! (Submitted for the Study.com scholarship - going to register for the free trial this weekend to try to get a head start on Public Speaking.) Thanks so much!
Is there an expiration date on this offer? I can't seem to find one, but I'm on mobile and not looking to closely. I'm wondering if it should be added to our free sources of credit list. Wouldn't bother if it's only free for a month or whatever.

Also, will this count as general ed? Make be an easy way to make up the 1cr left over from the Ethics waiver, if so.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
jsd Wrote:Is there an expiration date on this offer? I can't seem to find one, but I'm on mobile and not looking to closely. I'm wondering if it should be added to our free sources of credit list. Wouldn't bother if it's only free for a month or whatever.

Also, will this count as general ed? Make be an easy way to make up the 1cr left over from the Ethics waiver, if so.

Nope, comes in as an HRM course (Business) so if you're not a BSBA student looking to put it in your AOS, then it's a free elective.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Bummer. Thanks.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Thanks for this. I'm exactly one business elective short from my Business Law class from back in college count as only 2 credits. This will keep me from having to take an additional CLEP or DSST just to fill that slot. Again, a huge thanks.
I heard back from Sophia at about 8 AM, because I'd only done the free Capella promo it had me locked out of the new course. They told me they 'fixed the system', so I don't know if it was a just-me issue or something they updated for everyone.
Pursuing TESC BSBA CIS: ~100/120

CCAF Air & Space Operations Technology: April 2014

CLEP: Humanities, A&I Lit, SocSci & History, Intro Sociology, English Comp, Freshman College Comp, Principles of Management, History of the US I/II, Intro to Computing

DSST: InfoSys & Comp Apps, Intro to the Modern Middle East, Management Information Systems, Fundamentals of Cybersecurity, Human Resource Management, Principles of Supervision, Western Europe since 1945

AMU: Public Speaking, History of Explosive Ordnance Disposal, College Algebra

ALS (CCAF): Leadership/Management I, Managerial Communication I, Military Studies I

Sophia: Microeconomics

Straighterline: Accounting I/II

TECEP: English Comp I/II, Computer Concepts & Applications, Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics, Strategic Management (March 2017 Semester)

TESU OL: Python Programming (March 2017 Semester), Systems Analysis & Design I (March 2017 Semester)
Thanks for sharing! I just got it done within a few hours as well. Another free elective, yay! :hurray:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 6 868 Yesterday, 03:22 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  FREE Voucher for Microsoft AI Skills Challenge coming soon - potential ACE credits BritStudent 8 664 Yesterday, 03:14 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 118 61,860 Yesterday, 12:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia Human Biology lab tdat314 1 103 04-22-2024, 06:31 PM
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 485 04-18-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,425 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 11 380 04-16-2024, 08:56 AM
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 735 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 992 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 255 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM