Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FREE meteorology, weather forecasting, and related geoscience courses w/CERTIFICATE's
The MetEd website provides education and training resources to benefit the operational forecaster community, university atmospheric scientists and students, and anyone interested in learning more about meteorology, weather forecasting, and related geoscience topics. MetEd is populated and maintained by the COMETÂ Program, which is part of the University Corporation for Atmospheric Research's (UCAR's) Community Programs (UCP). The MetEd website is made possible by the sponsors of the COMETÂ Program.
https://www.meted.ucar.edu/training_detail.php

I have received Credit for Prior Learning by taking some of these excellent courses.:hurray:

COMET does not offer any college courses or credit of any kind. Our lessons are used widely in university courses, and some organizations such as the American Meteorological Society, do give continuing education credits for completion of lessons but none of that is administered through our program.
https://www.meted.ucar.edu/resources_faq.php
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

[-] The following 2 users Like Life Long Learning's post:
  • MSK9, Yenisei
Hello

I am new to this forum, although I have been following it for quite a while now. I was interested in learning how you utilized these courses through Credit for Prior Learning and if you don't mind What institution provided the credit? What area was it accepted in? Thanks.
My local CC has a wildfire science degree so I used took and used the S-290 Wildfire Course. I think I will use others in the future.

Jimmyd Wrote:Hello

I am new to this forum, although I have been following it for quite a while now. I was interested in learning how you utilized these courses through Credit for Prior Learning and if you don't mind What institution provided the credit? What area was it accepted in? Thanks.
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

Thank you for this link. These are really cool. I am interested in meteorology due to it being such a big deal for our launches.
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

[-] The following 1 user Likes icampy's post:
  • Life Long Learning
Recently finished s290 for some supplemental wildland learning after having to do s190, s130, and L180 on NFA. I was surprised when the NWCG site sent me to MetEd and remembered this post.
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

[-] The following 1 user Likes icampy's post:
  • Life Long Learning
MetEd is good stuff.

I found out about them doing storm spotter training. Very interesting topics!
Angel 
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies Thomas Edison State University 2018
Cert in Emergency Management -
Three Rivers CC 2017
Cert in Basic Police Ed - Walters State CC 1996

Current Goal: new job
Working on: securing funding I don't have to pay back for a Masters.
Up Next: Toying with Masters Programs
Finished: First Degree

Older Experience with: PLA / Portfolios, RPNow, Proctor U, ACE, NCCRS, DAVAR Academy (formerly Tor), Straighterline, TESU, Ed4Credit, Study.com, The Institutes, Kaplan, ALEKS, FEMA IS, NFA IS, brick & mortar community colleges, LOTS of vocational schools...

My list of academic courses:
link

[-] The following 1 user Likes High_Order1's post:
  • Life Long Learning

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 35 4,094 04-17-2024, 06:44 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 7 1,530 04-06-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Rubeferry18
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,801 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
Lightbulb ASU to Launch a Free Global Initiative and enroll 100 million students MNomadic 203 30,155 03-11-2024, 10:55 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 739 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  The Rechtschaffen Institute of Judaic Studies (Has anyone taken one of these courses? patsfand 1 788 02-22-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Free or affordable Christian Chaplaincy Online Sowak777 4 460 02-21-2024, 06:39 AM
Last Post: The need 2 learn
  Introductory data science courses inor 6 605 02-08-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: fmsoa
  MBA students receive free Apple Vision Pro Imbanewbie 0 300 02-07-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
Question Graduate-Level Courses NotJoeBiden 7 690 01-24-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Duneranger