Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need plan for CyberSecurity at COSC - Please!!
You're right, you can in fact sit for it, you just can't obtain CISSP status until you've received the 5 years experience. I doubt CISSP Associate counts the same at COSC since you're not actually certified at that point.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Thanks for the info Cookderosa. I love he helpful nuggets of information that are freely shared here. That is a good tip on the sub of microbiology vs. Chemistry. I started looking into WGU this morning. It looks like a good program. And I like the integration of the 7 certifications. But, it is a bit Cisco centric. Which, means it is not diversified. But, awesome nonetheless. I am going to try and size up what that would look like. But, it does take me a bit away from my focus on cost and speed. I thought about adding Stats with ALEKS also. Glad you're not my mom and I have to do everything the hard way! Big Grin
I would guess you're right on the CISSP transfer jsd. Also, it is correct below on the experience requirement. You can receive a one year experience waiver with a 4 year degree, which brings it to 4 years. I have 2 years "official" experience in working in networking security and implementation (my dad owns a computer and networking company). Which is why I already come into this with a lot of technical knowledge. I have been building and repairing computers, installing networks, all the way down to the cabling for as long as I can remember. The entrance requirements for the CEH, were a little bit less stringent. Once, I accomplish that and my 4 year, coupled with my experience, ...I am hopeful that ISC would approve certification.

If not, there are other certifications that are actually a lot more technical than the CISSP, like the OSCP, which is on my radar also. The CISSP and the CISM are better for long term security professionals slanting more towards management. One of the things that makes me different, is my technical skills at such a young age. My dad had me soldering circuit boards when I was 7. My problem is I really don't have much more than my experience - which lead me here! LOL.
Do you have CISM? That's 8 credits as well.
I guess a better question would be which IT certs you have already earned. COSC is great about IT certs, as is WGU.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
No, but I did look at the CISM. I am currently working on the CEH and will test in January. I listed everything else I have in the beginning of the thread.
newguy Wrote:Thanks for the info Cookderosa. I love he helpful nuggets of information that are freely shared here. That is a good tip on the sub of microbiology vs. Chemistry. I started looking into WGU this morning. It looks like a good program. And I like the integration of the 7 certifications. But, it is a bit Cisco centric. Which, means it is not diversified. But, awesome nonetheless. I am going to try and size up what that would look like. But, it does take me a bit away from my focus on cost and speed. I thought about adding Stats with ALEKS also. Glad you're not my mom and I have to do everything the hard way! Big Grin

ha ha ha -you're right - you get any wisdom I might have from here, but without having to do your own laundry, clean your bathroom, and pay for your own cell phone. Of course, you'd also have your associates degree at the same time as you get your high school diploma and you wouldn't have any student loan debt...so there's that. Plus, I'm a pretty decent cook.
I bet they have to do all the yard work too. Wink
I just have to ask, are your sons planning to continue with Charter Oak for a bachelors?
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,926 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,275 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,780 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,752 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Charter Oak (COSC) maximum credits from one source nosey561 1 1,672 08-30-2018, 10:39 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,303 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627
  TESU math degree plan. Am I doing this right? jakepg 9 2,656 08-23-2018, 09:20 PM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
Exclamation 2018/2019 Updated Associates Degree Plan Options?! Mikele8 10 2,894 08-23-2018, 09:47 AM
  TESU BA in History Plan - Critiques? mysonx3 4 2,125 08-21-2018, 08:54 AM
  New Member need assistance with TESU degree plan BA ckndinner 3 1,673 08-12-2018, 09:11 PM
Last Post: prolific_change