Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Failed Advertising TECEP
So yes, it looks like you're understanding what's going on. Here's what I'd do if it were me:

1) If you don't care that they move Business Ethics down, you can always just take BUS120: International Business through Study.com for the core requirement. That would be an easy one to take. If they won't move the course, take something similar to what you've already taken to make it really easy (Interpersonal Comm, Presentation Skills in the Workplace, Info Lit, Intro to Philosophy, A 100-level Psych course, etc.).

2) For the last AOS elective, I would take a LL Study.com course in any area that is easy for you, and would have some overlap with International Business or one of the other courses you've already taken (like FIN 101 Principles of Finance which since you've already passed an UL Prin of Fin course, would probably be easy). BUS 105: Labor Relations, BUS 113 Business Comm, etc. Chose a course that is 100 or 200 level, since the 300 and 400 level courses will require a project/paper.

3) for the Science requirement, it can be CompSci rather than NatSci, so I might think about CompSci103 Computer Concepts & Apps since you've already taken the MIS DSST.

4) I would sign up for the capstone before 6/30, to make sure that you get the Study.com discount. Make sure that you're enrolled as a Study.com affiliate member NOW, since they have to add it to your account before you can take the discounted rate.

Other than that, you're good.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
In regards to your Advertising TECEP, you have two options.
1) You're somewhat close to passing, retake the exam.
2) If you want another provider, go for a Study.com Marketing course.
There are a few Marketing courses offered by Study.com that are UL

Note: I personally failed the Advertising and Medical Terminology TECEPs, but they both secured my enrollment.
I will be taking the August Advertising TECEP for credit this time around.
I should pass as I only crammed at the last minute the previous time.
Goals: TESU BSBA GM (Added CIS) and BA Computer Science
BSBA GM - Added CIS AOS (CIS & GM completed)
BACS & Grad Plans (BACS instead of BALS w/NSM)

AAS ACS & ESST: Remaining - Associate Capstone
ASNSM CS: Completed, ASNSM Math: Remaining - Calculus I

Taking a majority of credits at Sophia.org, SL, and Study.com to finish these degrees
Updating my courses remaining by following forum advice, guide, spreadsheet & wiki
Regarding the moving of the Business Ethics course, I got this reply:

"Your degree is governed by the 2018 catalog. Under this catalog year, students cannot apply credit earned via the DSST exam, Business in Society, to the Core requirement: Business in Society/International Management. No changes will be made."

Study.com's BUS120: International Business it is!
117/120 credits towards a BSBA General Management degree from TESU.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  booking tecep exams shendaddy 4 1,752 08-16-2018, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  TECEP - do I have to wait until the start of a Term to take the exam? Kelly Green 4 1,995 08-16-2018, 09:04 AM
  TESU - apply as non-matriculating student, or TECEP only? Kelly Green 0 1,175 08-13-2018, 05:11 PM
  TECEP - Learning in the Digital Age - where does it fit? dfrecore 5 1,789 08-10-2018, 01:02 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Environmental Ethics ETH-210-TE Tecep jawbreakingrr 57 17,530 07-25-2018, 12:31 PM
Last Post: ashtonnewman
  Suggested TECEP's? High Pass Rate? omuneek 2 1,716 06-26-2018, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  Error after submitting TECEP test nerd 4 1,872 06-16-2018, 01:13 PM
Last Post: Cheeseburrito
  TECEP to meet residency requirement Dowew 2 1,521 06-12-2018, 01:14 AM
Last Post: Dowew
  Cheapest TECEP sarahrahul 4 1,632 06-01-2018, 10:59 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Does Excelsior College/Charter Oak accept TECEP vetvso 1 1,611 05-30-2018, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning