Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Failed TECEP/ Extending Enrollment
Hey, guys!  My enrollment year ends in January, so I took a TECEP today so that I could extend my enrollment for another year until I'm ready to take the capstone next fall.  However, I'm pretty sure I failed the TECEP.  What happens now?  

Will a failed TECEP keep me enrolled until next fall?  Is there a different way I can keep myself enrolled?

Thanks for the help!
(12-12-2018, 04:57 PM)Silly_Me Wrote: Hey, guys!  My enrollment year ends in January, so I took a TECEP today so that I could extend my enrollment for another year until I'm ready to take the capstone next fall.  However, I'm pretty sure I failed the TECEP.  What happens now?  

Will a failed TECEP keep me enrolled until next fall?  Is there a different way I can keep myself enrolled?

Thanks for the help!

Registering for the TECEP or regular course is usually all it takes to start or extend your enrollment. It normally kicks in 10-days after the start of the term for the course or TECEP you registered for. So yes, it should extend your enrollment, or start the enrollment for those who are in applied status.

It shouldn't matter if you failed the course/exam, haven't taken it yet, or even withdraw from it later (which is what I did with my last TECEP, and it still kept my revised enrolled status date until I registered for the Capstone, which extended it again).

Check your profile in the OSS portal to see what your current start date is listed as. If your TECEP was registered for the November term or earlier, it should show the revised date of 10-days after the start of that term. If your TECEP was for the December term, it should show a revised date today or tomorrow.

You can also check with advising to confirm the extension of your enrollment.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
Hmmmmm.... My profile is still showing 01/11/2018, but I signed up for the TECEP back in November & took it today. I guess I'll need to contact advising to see what's going on. Thanks for the heads up!
Yes, a failed TECEP will enroll you for the year. Did you get a waiver on the cornerstone? If not, get that done instead otherwise you'll be paying out with the 3 credit course come July, I forget the day... I think it's July 1, 2019. Here's the info https://www2.tesu.edu/course.php?CourseCode=TES-100&sem=
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
It takes a few days for the TECEP grade (NC vs CR) to post to your profile - it is not immediate. Your status won't reflect that you took it until the grading is completed. The fail will extend your status, but I do hope you passed (even if by the 'skin of your teeth')
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  CIS-1070 TECEP legenwait4itdary 6 266 02-29-2024, 07:54 AM
Last Post: RJ77
  TECEP for Enrollment optimisticCoder3 8 589 01-16-2024, 09:59 PM
  Recent ProctorU & Network Technology TECEP (CMP-3540) Experience AllThose299s 5 783 11-01-2023, 10:27 PM
  Free TECEP® Exams Available Now (?) doom 128 16,450 10-02-2023, 11:21 AM
  TECEP Planned But Not Registered/Scheduled mog538 8 566 09-27-2023, 10:58 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Date Range for TECEP Exam bradonomics 9 583 09-23-2023, 05:13 PM
Last Post: bradonomics
Question TECEP Study Tips For CMP-354 Network Technology udi 41 7,165 09-09-2023, 10:25 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Failing TECEP twice KsT 22 1,908 09-02-2023, 02:47 PM
Last Post: evenFair23
  TECEP registration jdubley 4 410 08-16-2023, 12:17 PM
Last Post: jdubley