Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fall 2021 Session 1 -- What is YOURPace?
(09-17-2021, 07:58 PM)NoStudentNoCry Wrote:
(09-17-2021, 04:07 PM)BetaBen Wrote:
(09-17-2021, 03:46 PM)cpoteraske Wrote:
(09-17-2021, 11:06 AM)BetaBen Wrote: I can’t believe that I am only a couple courses away from getting my degree! This forum is awesome Big Grin

All specific course requirements are covered aside from the 30 credit requirement, but I still need to pick one elective to graduate with the BABA in Management & Leadership with a MIS minor and am not really sure what to pick. 

Of course, difficulty depends on experience level, but does anyone have recommendations for a course with a shorter paper or straightforward exam?

I have already taken the following:
POS 101: American Government 
BUS 240: Change Management
BUS 245: Programming for Managers 
BUS 330: Marketing Management (In progress)
BUS 335: Organizational Behavior
BUS 353: Legal and Ethical Environment of Business 
BUS 440: Business Analytics
BUS 469: Strategic Professional Communication
BUS 489: Business Policy & Strategy

I believe Business Law I is available this term. I took business law 2 and found it to be a good class. The final exam is a multiple question test. After going through all the questions, I got an A in it. I can't imagine BL1 being much harder.

Thanks for the suggestion! I will definitely consider Business Law. A few others I was thinking about were Business Math and Human Resources Management.

I don't think HR class is offered this session.
Business Math seems to be offered in both sessions, and it is not a hard class.

Is Business math different from Mat 140 Mathematics for Business?
(09-17-2021, 11:06 AM)BetaBen Wrote: I can’t believe that I am only a couple courses away from getting my degree! This forum is awesome Big Grin

All specific course requirements are covered aside from the 30 credit requirement, but I still need to pick one elective to graduate with the BABA in Management & Leadership with a MIS minor and am not really sure what to pick. 

Of course, difficulty depends on experience level, but does anyone have recommendations for a course with a shorter paper or straightforward exam?

I believe Business Law I is available this term. I took business law 2 and found it to be a good class. The final exam is a multiple question test. After going through all the questions, I got an A in it. I can't imagine BL1 being much harder.
Does it take long to get through the course? Are there milestones? I did Sophia's Bus Law 1.  I am looking at UL electives slots to fill.
Thumbs Up 
(09-17-2021, 08:12 PM)carebear_007 Wrote:
(09-17-2021, 07:58 PM)NoStudentNoCry Wrote:
(09-17-2021, 04:07 PM)BetaBen Wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion! I will definitely consider Business Law. A few others I was thinking about were Business Math and Human Resources Management.

I don't think HR class is offered this session.
Business Math seems to be offered in both sessions, and it is not a hard class.

Is Business math different from Mat 140 Mathematics for Business?

Mat 140 Mathematics for Business is what I meant when I wrote Business Math. So, they are the same.
UMPI YourPace: BA Business Administration in Management and Leadership with a Minor in Management Information Systems. Completed: October 2021

[-] The following 2 users Like BetaBen's post:
  • carebear_007, Novo
(09-17-2021, 08:16 PM)Ann7 Wrote:

Does it take long to get through the course? Are there milestones? I did Sophia's Bus Law 1.  I am looking at UL electives slots to fill.

I can only speak to business law 2 but im sure they are similar. It took my about 6 hours of getting through the adaptive quizzes to make sure I knew everything and pass the test. No written milestones, just a few quizzes. I will say the content can be perceived as advanced or "wordy" if you will.
Pierpont BOG AAS - 2021
UMPI Bachelor Of Liberal Studies - Management Minor, History Minor
UMPI Alumni - 2021 Magna Cum Laude
(09-18-2021, 08:32 AM)cpoteraske Wrote:
(09-17-2021, 08:16 PM)Ann7 Wrote:

I can only speak to business law 2 but im sure they are similar. It took my about 6 hours of getting through the adaptive quizzes to make sure I knew everything and pass the test. No written milestones, just a few quizzes. I will say the content can be perceived as advanced or "wordy" if you will.
Ok thanks so much for your take on it!
Anyone have thoughts on BUS 200: Business Computing? It looks like it has changed from the original IT paper that Ashkir talked about. Now it is about a topic of your choosing with a Word brochure, Excel sheets, and a PowerPoint (no voiceover). It is available in this session.
UMPI YourPace: BA Business Administration in Management and Leadership with a Minor in Management Information Systems. Completed: October 2021

[-] The following 1 user Likes BetaBen's post:
  • Novo
(09-17-2021, 08:16 PM)Ann7 Wrote: Does it take long to get through the course? Are there milestones? I did Sophia's Bus Law 1.  I am looking at UL electives slots to fill.

Doesn't Sophia's Business Law transfer to UMPI as Business Law 1? If you have credit for that, why would you take it again as you already have the credits and the degree requirement met?

(09-18-2021, 11:53 AM)BetaBen Wrote: Anyone have thoughts on BUS 200: Business Computing? It looks like it has changed from the original IT paper that Ashkir talked about. Now it is about a topic of your choosing with a Word brochure, Excel sheets, and a PowerPoint (no voiceover). It is available in this session.

That is entirely different than when I took it. I had to write a case study and be the CIO. I wonder if the professor also changed because hte one ashkir and I had has been promoted to Vice Chancellor.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • BetaBen
(09-18-2021, 09:49 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(09-17-2021, 08:16 PM)Ann7 Wrote: Does it take long to get through the course? Are there milestones? I did Sophia's Bus Law 1.  I am looking at UL electives slots to fill.

Doesn't Sophia's Business Law transfer to UMPI as Business Law 1? If you have credit for that, why would you take it again as you already have the credits and the degree requirement met?

(09-18-2021, 11:53 AM)BetaBen Wrote: Anyone have thoughts on BUS 200: Business Computing? It looks like it has changed from the original IT paper that Ashkir talked about. Now it is about a topic of your choosing with a Word brochure, Excel sheets, and a PowerPoint (no voiceover). It is available in this session.

That is entirely different than when I took it. I had to write a case study and be the CIO. I wonder if the professor also changed because hte one ashkir and I had has been promoted to Vice Chancellor.
Oh, I was asking about Bus Law 2 and only mentioning that I already took Bus Law 1 at Sophia as a reference to compare by. (Thinking Bus Law 2 probably builds on Bus Law 1 in difficulty)
Capstone time. Remember that last class where I said I had 200 pages worth of essays? Guess which professor I have again. That same one.

Milestone 1. 3 essays of 3 different academic case studies.

Milestone 2 a 5 page essay that is APA 6 format.... Eww.

Milestone 3 a 10 page essay.

Milestone 4 a 3 page essay.

Milestone 5 a 3 slide powerpoint (gonna have to double check this, seems way too easy).

Milestone 6 3 page essay in APA 6 again (eww) about a case study that is over a half-century old.

Milestone 7, 5 page essay.

Milestone 8, 3 page essay.

Over half of the articles I've seen so far are behind paywalls (So this will be fun). This is also for concept 1 (UMPI classes typically have 4 concepts). So this is 35 pages of essays for a single concept.
[-] The following 2 users Like ashkir's post:
  • jch, ss20ts
(09-20-2021, 10:06 AM)ashkir Wrote: Capstone time. Remember that last class where I said I had 200 pages worth of essays? Guess which professor I have again. That same one.

Milestone 1. 3 essays of 3 different academic case studies.

Milestone 2 a 5 page essay that is APA 6 format.... Eww.

Milestone 3 a 10 page essay.

Milestone 4 a 3 page essay.

Milestone 5 a 3 slide powerpoint (gonna have to double check this, seems way too easy).

Milestone 6 3 page essay in APA 6 again (eww) about a case study that is over a half-century old.

Milestone 7, 5 page essay.

Milestone 8, 3 page essay.

Over half of the articles I've seen so far are behind paywalls (So this will be fun). This is also for concept 1 (UMPI classes typically have 4 concepts). So this is 35 pages of essays for a single concept.
Wow. That seems excessive, especially since there are only 2 months in a session. I hope the final assessment at least incorporates the milestones. 
Does UMPI pay for the paywall costs? Or, is that up to you?  Undecided

[-] The following 1 user Likes BetaBen's post:
  • Novo

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  need advice on YourPace BBA Project Mgmt and Info Systems EducationSeeker 2 17 20 minutes ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  YourPace to regular online courses? RachelB 17 723 04-05-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Yourpace psychology degree PSY 496: Practicum Schlafen 12 1,562 04-02-2024, 08:48 AM
  What is considered FT at UMPI YourPace for the Pell Grant? RachelB 3 306 03-26-2024, 05:50 AM
  Study Plan to Earn 30 Credits in a Single 8-week Session FM1 14 1,643 03-04-2024, 11:49 PM
Last Post: CCCollege
  Yourpace admissions emcube 3 373 02-22-2024, 12:33 AM
  Commencement question (YourPace) rrrr 4 330 02-21-2024, 01:53 PM
  I've been accepted into the Spring 2 session at UMPI! FM1 10 912 01-28-2024, 11:30 PM
  Fall 2023 Graduates/Diplomas Chankosumo 9 1,034 01-27-2024, 12:04 AM
Last Post: Claudia P
  Fastest UMPI YourPace degree with these credits RachelSG 4 968 01-24-2024, 05:11 PM