Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fall 2021 Session 1 -- What is YOURPace?
(09-22-2021, 12:41 PM)BetaBen Wrote: Anyone else getting invites from The Society for Collegiate Leadership & Achievement (SCLA) and the UMPI chapter of The National Society of Leadership and Success (NSLS)?

Notably, NSLS partnered with CHEA/CIQG in 2020 and is recommended by ACE/NCCRS for the learning programs they provide.

They both charge a one-time fee of $95. From what I have seen, they seem to be a mixed bag when it comes to usefulness to students.

Anyone have thoughts on these honor societies and their usefulness in the workplace?

Yup. I get the emails all the time. I just delete them. Neither organization is great. They have no use or purpose. It's not being inducted into the National Honor Society.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • BetaBen
In case this is helpful to anyone planning their next classes, I asked Jessica to let me know what ones in my were available first and second sessions so I could decide what class to pick next. I wish I would have thought about asking this earlier, but it does help me plan for a very likely, but hopefully manageable, three sessions.

• Edu 210 Introduction to Pedagogy- Offered Every Session

• Edu 302 Teaching and Learning in a Proficiency-Based System - Offered Every Session

• Edu 305 Designing and Maintaining Effective Learning Environments - Offered Every Session

• Edu 357 Children’s Literature - Offered Every Session

• Edu 378 Creativity in the Classroom - Offered Every Session

• EDU 376 Teaching Health and Physical Education in the Elementary School - Offered Every Session

• HTY 301 Medieval Europe (Pre-Modern) Offered Every Session One

• HTY 350 U.S. Environmental History Offered every Session Two

• BUS 330 - Marketing Management Offered Every Session One

• BUS 335 - Organizational Behavior Offered Every Session One

• BUS 321 - Human Resource Management Offered Every Session Two

• BUS 350 - Business Law I Offered Every Session One

• BUS 415 - Operations Management Offered Every Session One

• BUS 141 Intro to Project Mgmt/MS Project Offered Every Session 

• BUS 260 - Personal Leadership Offered Every Session one
[-] The following 3 users Like jadkins77's post:
  • ConqueringCollege, neutrino, ss20ts
(09-22-2021, 02:06 PM)jadkins77 Wrote: In case this is helpful to anyone planning their next classes, I asked Jessica to let me know what ones in my were available first and second sessions so I could decide what class to pick next. I wish I would have thought about asking this earlier, but it does help me plan for a very likely, but hopefully manageable, three sessions.

• Edu 302 Teaching and Learning in a Proficiency-Based System - Offered Every Session

• Edu 305 Designing and Maintaining Effective Learning Environments - Offered Every Session

• EDU 376 Teaching Health and Physical Education in the Elementary School - Offered Every Session

Just keep in mind that this is subject to change. There have been a TON of changes since last year.
(09-22-2021, 02:18 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(09-22-2021, 02:06 PM)jadkins77 Wrote: In case this is helpful to anyone planning their next classes, I asked Jessica to let me know what ones in my were available first and second sessions so I could decide what class to pick next. I wish I would have thought about asking this earlier, but it does help me plan for a very likely, but hopefully manageable, three sessions.

Just keep in mind that this is subject to change. There have been a TON of changes since last year.

Yes, but for those in this session, this is accurate as of today.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jadkins77's post:
  • BetaBen
Yesterday I got a call from John the enrollment guy - he was asking if I am still interested to start school. 

I was like... LOL I'm already on a track to graduate.
MSML, WGU 2022
BAS, UMPI, 2021
AAS, Pierpont C&TC, 2021

ACE (119): Sophia, 93; TEEX, 5; SDC, 12; ACTFL, 6
RA (50): ASU, 8; ONU, 3; UMPI, 39
NA (16) : UoPeople, 16
Other: ENEB/Isabel I, MBA (2021)
Also dropped a gazillion of classes!!

Family members work on degrees at Ashworth, TESU, Purdue, UMPI, NationsU
[-] The following 4 users Like NoStudentNoCry's post:
  • ashkir, BetaBen, jch, rachel83az
Has anyone taken Bus 335 Organizational behavior? It shows a paper as the final assessment. How many pages did it have to be? Any milestones? Time consuming?
(09-23-2021, 07:26 AM)Ann7 Wrote: Has anyone taken Bus 335 Organizational behavior? It shows a paper as the final assessment. How many pages did it have to be? Any milestones? Time consuming?

I took it 4 terms ago. It was a 10 page paper for me and no milestones. It may have changed.
(09-23-2021, 07:26 AM)Ann7 Wrote: Has anyone taken Bus 335 Organizational behavior? It shows a paper as the final assessment. How many pages did it have to be? Any milestones? Time consuming?

I took it earlier this month. It wasn't very time consuming. There were 4 pretty straightforward milestones that were 1-2 paragraphs each (1 small case study and 3 self-reflections). One of the self-reflection milestones can be used as a section in the paper, so that is helpful. 

The final is a 5-7 page paper about an organization you were/are a part of and the organizational mechanisms within it. 

I had Professor Jones and she is awesome! She takes the time to give helpful comments/reflections in your papers even if no changes are necessary.
UMPI YourPace: BA Business Administration in Management and Leadership with a Minor in Management Information Systems. Completed: October 2021

WAS YOUR 2020 INCOME BAD COMPARED TO 2018 OR 2019'S? MAKE SURE YOU DEMAND A FINANCIAL PROFESSIONAL JUDGEMENT FROM UMPI, THIS CAN GET YOU A PELL GRANT EVEN IF YOU DIDN'T QUALIFY!!!!
(09-23-2021, 10:42 AM)ashkir Wrote: WAS YOUR 2020 INCOME BAD COMPARED TO 2018 OR 2019'S? MAKE SURE YOU DEMAND A FINANCIAL PROFESSIONAL JUDGEMENT FROM UMPI, THIS CAN GET YOU A PELL GRANT EVEN IF YOU DIDN'T QUALIFY!!!!

This message sounds so similar to late-night lawyer commercials that I was ready to delete it until I realized that it was a helpful message.  Big Grin
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • BetaBen

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  YourPace to regular online courses? RachelB 17 716 04-05-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Yourpace psychology degree PSY 496: Practicum Schlafen 12 1,552 04-02-2024, 08:48 AM
  What is considered FT at UMPI YourPace for the Pell Grant? RachelB 3 303 03-26-2024, 05:50 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study Plan to Earn 30 Credits in a Single 8-week Session FM1 14 1,634 03-04-2024, 11:49 PM
Last Post: CCCollege
  Yourpace admissions emcube 3 370 02-22-2024, 12:33 AM
  Commencement question (YourPace) rrrr 4 321 02-21-2024, 01:53 PM
  I've been accepted into the Spring 2 session at UMPI! FM1 10 909 01-28-2024, 11:30 PM
  Fall 2023 Graduates/Diplomas Chankosumo 9 1,033 01-27-2024, 12:04 AM
Last Post: Claudia P
  Fastest UMPI YourPace degree with these credits RachelSG 4 960 01-24-2024, 05:11 PM
  Need help picking a degree for YourPace. SLHos 5 550 01-18-2024, 07:16 AM
Last Post: Duneranger