Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fall 2021 Session 1 -- What is YOURPace?
Thank you all about the info on BUS 400. Sometimes I need to remind myself that I'm doing this pretty quickly because I'm competent in the subjects that I've already completed. It's literally called CBE. LOL

I was getting too far ahead of myself and getting too ambitious. I was feeling like I wasn't doing enough and need to just be proud of myself for what I've accomplished so far. In fact, all of us should remember to be proud of ourselves.
[-] The following 4 users Like carebear_007's post:
  • BetaBen, Federicojavier, Novo, rachel83az
I'm at a roadblock. I sent the professor an email through the school email and through direct message for some clarification on the assessment yesterday and I still haven't received a response. I cc'd Cody but honestly, I don't have much faith in his assistance since the last time I cc'd him on something it took him 4 days to respond to see if I've figured it out. I'm fairly certain I can do the project quickly I just need some clarification on some of the bullet points. Any thoughts on what else I can do?
(10-13-2021, 05:28 PM)carebear_007 Wrote: I'm at a roadblock. I sent the professor an email through the school email and through direct message for some clarification on the assessment yesterday and I still haven't received a response. I cc'd Cody but honestly, I don't have much faith in his assistance since the last time I cc'd him on something it took him 4 days to respond to see if I've figured it out. I'm fairly certain I can do the project quickly I just need some clarification on some of the bullet points. Any thoughts on what else I can do?

When and if you take the survey, you can rate a professor and even Cody on his response rate.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ashkir's post:
  • carebear_007
(10-13-2021, 05:41 PM)ashkir Wrote:
(10-13-2021, 05:28 PM)carebear_007 Wrote: I'm at a roadblock. I sent the professor an email through the school email and through direct message for some clarification on the assessment yesterday and I still haven't received a response. I cc'd Cody but honestly, I don't have much faith in his assistance since the last time I cc'd him on something it took him 4 days to respond to see if I've figured it out. I'm fairly certain I can do the project quickly I just need some clarification on some of the bullet points. Any thoughts on what else I can do?

When and if you take the survey, you can rate a professor and even Cody on his response rate.

I will definitely be doing that.
carebear_007 Wrote:I'm at a roadblock. I sent the professor an email through the school email and through direct message for some clarification on the assessment yesterday and I still haven't received a response.

Has it been 72 hours since you emailed your professor?

carebear_007 Wrote: Any thoughts on what else I can do?

Wait 72 hours?
MSML, WGU 2022
BAS, UMPI, 2021
AAS, Pierpont C&TC, 2021

ACE (119): Sophia, 93; TEEX, 5; SDC, 12; ACTFL, 6
RA (50): ASU, 8; ONU, 3; UMPI, 39
NA (16) : UoPeople, 16
Other: ENEB/Isabel I, MBA (2021)
Also dropped a gazillion of classes!!

Family members work on degrees at Ashworth, TESU, Purdue, UMPI, NationsU

Have you called the professor? Some have office hours and you can call them then. Or call and leave a voicemail.
(10-13-2021, 05:57 PM)NoStudentNoCry Wrote:
carebear_007 Wrote:I'm at a roadblock. I sent the professor an email through the school email and through direct message for some clarification on the assessment yesterday and I still haven't received a response.

Has it been 72 hours since you emailed your professor?

carebear_007 Wrote: Any thoughts on what else I can do?

Wait 72 hours?

More like 24...I thought maybe since we're in a time crunch she'd get back to me sooner. :/

(10-13-2021, 05:59 PM)ss20ts Wrote:

Have you called the professor? Some have office hours and you can call them then. Or call and leave a voicemail.

I just checked the "meets" portion on the details and it says TBA. I haven't called. I'll do that tomorrow if she hasn't gotten back to me yet.
(10-13-2021, 06:02 PM)carebear_007 Wrote: More like 24...I thought maybe since we're in a time crunch she'd get back to me sooner. :/

They might (and many do connect with student ASAP), but are not otherwise obligated to be on call 24 hours a day. There is 72 hours rule, not 24.

Please don't be that kind of unreasonable student. I don't know who your professor is, but some of them teach multiple classes on campus and manage multiple classes with multiple students via YourPace. Show some mercy, professors are people too.
MSML, WGU 2022
BAS, UMPI, 2021
AAS, Pierpont C&TC, 2021

(10-13-2021, 06:25 PM)NoStudentNoCry Wrote:
(10-13-2021, 06:02 PM)carebear_007 Wrote: More like 24...I thought maybe since we're in a time crunch she'd get back to me sooner. :/

They might (and many do connect with student ASAP), but are not otherwise obligated to be on call 24 hours a day. There is 72 hours rule, not 24.

Please don't be that kind of unreasonable student. I don't know who your professor is, but some of them teach multiple classes on campus and manage multiple classes with multiple students via YourPace. Show some mercy, professors are people too.

I didn't think I was being unreasonable given that the draft deadline doesn't extend on my end if she waits the full 72 hours to respond to me. Obviously, I'll just throw something together whether or not she responds by Friday just so I don't miss the draft deadline.
(10-13-2021, 06:30 PM)carebear_007 Wrote:
(10-13-2021, 06:25 PM)NoStudentNoCry Wrote:

I didn't think I was being unreasonable given that the draft deadline doesn't extend on my end if she doesn't respond to me. Obviously, I'll just throw something together whether or not she responds just so I don't miss the draft deadline.

Well, technically, we have 7 weeks before the draft deadline hits - that's plenty of time to ask questions about finals. Now, I understand that you must have requested the class to be added later (as many of CBE students do, including myself), but still... it's almost the end of term, and again - your prof likely has multiple students and many of them ask time-sensitive questions right before the deadline. Please be patient. They are likely doing their best.

You can try emailing Jessica so she'll push Cody, so he'll push your professor...
MSML, WGU 2022
BAS, UMPI, 2021
AAS, Pierpont C&TC, 2021

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  YourPace to regular online courses? RachelB 17 716 04-05-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Yourpace psychology degree PSY 496: Practicum Schlafen 12 1,552 04-02-2024, 08:48 AM
  What is considered FT at UMPI YourPace for the Pell Grant? RachelB 3 303 03-26-2024, 05:50 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study Plan to Earn 30 Credits in a Single 8-week Session FM1 14 1,634 03-04-2024, 11:49 PM
Last Post: CCCollege
  Yourpace admissions emcube 3 371 02-22-2024, 12:33 AM
  Commencement question (YourPace) rrrr 4 322 02-21-2024, 01:53 PM
  I've been accepted into the Spring 2 session at UMPI! FM1 10 909 01-28-2024, 11:30 PM
  Fall 2023 Graduates/Diplomas Chankosumo 9 1,033 01-27-2024, 12:04 AM
Last Post: Claudia P
  Fastest UMPI YourPace degree with these credits RachelSG 4 960 01-24-2024, 05:11 PM
  Need help picking a degree for YourPace. SLHos 5 550 01-18-2024, 07:16 AM
Last Post: Duneranger