Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fall 2021 Session 1 -- What is YOURPace?
(09-23-2021, 10:45 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(09-23-2021, 10:42 AM)ashkir Wrote: WAS YOUR 2020 INCOME BAD COMPARED TO 2018 OR 2019'S? MAKE SURE YOU DEMAND A FINANCIAL PROFESSIONAL JUDGEMENT FROM UMPI, THIS CAN GET YOU A PELL GRANT EVEN IF YOU DIDN'T QUALIFY!!!!

This message sounds so similar to late-night lawyer commercials that I was ready to delete it until I realized that it was a helpful message.  Big Grin

Gotta love the late night BILLY MAYS commercials too. Exactly! It makes me really angry they didn't help me with it and told me about it too late. 

If my EFC was adjusted on time I could've gotten $3046 more in grants. In addition, if YourPace students were eligible for scholarships, I could've applied for more than $5000 from UMPI.

$3046 is a lot of money! that's 26% LESS than I paid! I could've gotten a second and third bachelors with this!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ashkir's post:
  • rachel83az
(09-23-2021, 10:38 AM)BetaBen Wrote:
(09-23-2021, 07:26 AM)Ann7 Wrote: Has anyone taken Bus 335 Organizational behavior? It shows a paper as the final assessment. How many pages did it have to be? Any milestones? Time consuming?

I took it earlier this month. It wasn't very time consuming. There were 4 pretty straightforward milestones that were 1-2 paragraphs each (1 small case study and 3 self-reflections). One of the self-reflection milestones can be used as a section in the paper, so that is helpful. 

The final is a 5-7 page paper about an organization you were/are a part of and the organizational mechanisms within it. 

I had Professor Jones and she is awesome! She takes the time to give helpful comments/reflections in your papers even if no changes are necessary.
Thanks!  That is very helpful info.! I so appreciate it!

(09-23-2021, 10:49 AM)ashkir Wrote:
(09-23-2021, 10:45 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(09-23-2021, 10:42 AM)ashkir Wrote: WAS YOUR 2020 INCOME BAD COMPARED TO 2018 OR 2019'S? MAKE SURE YOU DEMAND A FINANCIAL PROFESSIONAL JUDGEMENT FROM UMPI, THIS CAN GET YOU A PELL GRANT EVEN IF YOU DIDN'T QUALIFY!!!!

This message sounds so similar to late-night lawyer commercials that I was ready to delete it until I realized that it was a helpful message.  Big Grin

Gotta love the late night BILLY MAYS commercials too. Exactly! It makes me really angry they didn't help me with it and told me about it too late. 

If my EFC was adjusted on time I could've gotten $3046 more in grants. In addition, if YourPace students were eligible for scholarships, I could've applied for more than $5000 from UMPI.

$3046 is a lot of money! that's 26% LESS than I paid! I could've gotten a second and third bachelors with this!
That's a huge difference!
[-] The following 2 users Like Ann7's post:
  • BetaBen, Novo
oh dear god I just found out i have to defend my thesis now.

?
[-] The following 2 users Like ashkir's post:
  • BetaBen, Novo
(09-23-2021, 07:26 AM)Ann7 Wrote: Has anyone taken Bus 335 Organizational behavior? It shows a paper as the final assessment. How many pages did it have to be? Any milestones? Time consuming?

I took it earlier this month. It wasn't very time consuming. There were 4 pretty straightforward milestones that were 1-2 paragraphs each (1 small case study and 3 self-reflections). One of the self-reflection milestones can be used as a section in the paper, so that is helpful. 

The final is a 5-7 page paper about an organization you were/are a part of and the organizational mechanisms within it. 

I had Professor Jones and she is awesome! She takes the time to give helpful comments/reflections in your papers even if no changes are necessary.

How long did it take her to review to your final? I turned mine in 3 days ago and I'm over here waiting for her response like a kid waits for Santa on Christmas eve. lol

I completed BUS335. I had to write a paper. It was one of the easiest one's I've had to write. It was pretty short. There were various sections you had to cover. It may have changed since I completed the course. Several courses have had changes since last year when I took it.
I read this thread bc someone from my study group has been following ashkir's plan for a degree in Leadership so I'm interested to see how everyone is doing.  He just submitted his draft for his 9th class yesterday, obviously he is very driven, the rest of us in the study group (not UMPI students) are mere mortals so of course we're very impressed with his pace but if I remember right ashkir and ss20ts far outpaced that rate in their first term.  Is it UMPI or is it the personalities drawn to this program?
(09-23-2021, 12:38 PM)carebear_007 Wrote:

How long did it take her to review to your final? I turned mine in 3 days ago and I'm over here waiting for her response like a kid waits for Santa on Christmas eve. lol

Big Grin  Feedback took 2 days for the final and about 1 day for the milestones. 72 hours is supposed to be the time range for responses.
My brother has some milestones and a draft that haven't been reviewed for three days as well (different professors). His Academic Success Coach told him to reach out to the professors today. I am thinking that they are just busy or their notification system isn't working. 

Anyone else waiting on responses?
UMPI YourPace: BA Business Administration in Management and Leadership with a Minor in Management Information Systems. Completed: October 2021

[-] The following 1 user Likes BetaBen's post:
  • carebear_007
(09-23-2021, 01:23 PM)k-k-k-katy Wrote: I read this thread bc someone from my study group has been following ashkir's plan for a degree in Leadership so I'm interested to see how everyone is doing.  He just submitted his draft for his 9th class yesterday, obviously he is very driven, the rest of us in the study group (not UMPI students) are mere mortals so of course we're very impressed with his pace but if I remember right ashkir and ss20ts far outpaced that rate in their first term.  Is it UMPI or is it the personalities drawn to this program?

ashkir is now on his master's. He has submitted work for his 9th master's class over 3 terms. 

I completed my BLS last March and am now back for my BA in Business Administration with Marketing Concentration. 

In ashkir's undergrad, he completed far more classes than I did every term. He was hospitalized at the time and had a lot of free time. I've completed 4, 8, and 4 in the 3 terms I spent completing my BLS. According to the Director of YourPace, the average full time student completes 3-4 classes per term. People on this forum tend to complete more classes because we're very dedicated to completing our degree as fast and as cheap as possible. We also have competed coursework on our own for months so we know how to zip along. That's not to say this program is for everyone. If you're someone who prefers tests, then this isn't for you. If you hate writing or are terrible at it, then this isn't for you.
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • jch, k-k-k-katy
(09-23-2021, 01:25 PM)BetaBen Wrote:
(09-23-2021, 12:38 PM)carebear_007 Wrote:

Big Grin  Feedback took 2 days for the final and about 1 day for the milestones. 72 hours is supposed to be the time range for responses.
My brother has some milestones and a draft that haven't been reviewed for three days as well (different professors). His Academic Success Coach told him to reach out to the professors today. I am thinking that they are just busy or their notification system isn't working. 

Anyone else waiting on responses?

I just received my response. Four-3s and Two-4s. I really enjoyed her comments and encouragements.

Anybody have an idea on what grade that would be?
[-] The following 1 user Likes carebear_007's post:
  • BetaBen

I am about to finish it. This class is an easy A and it does not feel like an UL class at all! 
Moreover, if you took Leadership, than you already are familiar with a lot of stuff that BUS 335 covers.

(09-23-2021, 01:33 PM)carebear_007 Wrote: I just received my response. Four-3s and Two-4s. I really enjoyed her comments and encouragements.

Anybody have an idea on what grade that would be?

That's 87.5%, so looks like a B+.
MSML, WGU 2022
BAS, UMPI, 2021
AAS, Pierpont C&TC, 2021

ACE (119): Sophia, 93; TEEX, 5; SDC, 12; ACTFL, 6
RA (50): ASU, 8; ONU, 3; UMPI, 39
NA (16) : UoPeople, 16
Other: ENEB/Isabel I, MBA (2021)
Also dropped a gazillion of classes!!

Family members work on degrees at Ashworth, TESU, Purdue, UMPI, NationsU
[-] The following 1 user Likes NoStudentNoCry's post:
  • carebear_007

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  minimum age for UMPI students YourPace EducationSeeker 0 22 3 hours ago
Last Post: EducationSeeker
  need advice on YourPace BBA Project Mgmt and Info Systems EducationSeeker 4 87 8 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI YourPace BLS w/ Management Minor Reference Plan valentvne 0 37 9 hours ago
Last Post: valentvne
  YourPace to regular online courses? RachelB 17 728 04-05-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Yourpace psychology degree PSY 496: Practicum Schlafen 12 1,574 04-02-2024, 08:48 AM
  What is considered FT at UMPI YourPace for the Pell Grant? RachelB 3 309 03-26-2024, 05:50 AM
  Study Plan to Earn 30 Credits in a Single 8-week Session FM1 14 1,658 03-04-2024, 11:49 PM
Last Post: CCCollege
  Yourpace admissions emcube 3 375 02-22-2024, 12:33 AM
  Commencement question (YourPace) rrrr 4 335 02-21-2024, 01:53 PM
  I've been accepted into the Spring 2 session at UMPI! FM1 10 919 01-28-2024, 11:30 PM