Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fall 2022 - What is YourPace?
(10-21-2022, 01:04 PM)ashkir Wrote: I have decided instead of making a Fall 2, to keep these threads seasonal! Good luck to everyone on the new term!

Also I heard they got added early, so you can get a head start this weekend!

Fingers crossed my classes will show up on my dash board soon... I have an empty weekend so it would be great timing.
(10-21-2022, 12:49 PM)uncoolbilly Wrote: Starting on a BA Management and Leadership on Monday and my scheduled courses are currently -

Fall 2 - Bus 200, Bus 244, Bus 335, Hum 103, Mat 140

Spring 1 - Bus 321, Bus 440,  Bus 469 and Bus 489

I need to find an additional course as I over did it on Study.com... any suggestions?

If I have extra time are there courses that are quick to complete...
If you find history or political science interesting, take one of Dr Zaborney courses. They are generally 2-3, 500 word milestones and a 1500 word paper. I love Poli Sci so I really enjoyed his courses.
(10-21-2022, 01:04 PM)ashkir Wrote: I have decided instead of making a Fall 2, to keep these threads seasonal! Good luck to everyone on the new term!

Also I heard they got added early, so you can get a head start this weekend!

Haven't been added to my classes yet. Will keep checking if I get added early. 

Excited to begin US History I & US History II this coming week (yea, I was placed in both US Histories at the same time lol). I have 10 classes left for the degree and I'm gonna see how fast I can knock them out (without rushing).

Will be posting my progress/thoughts on each class in this thread. Hopefully my reviews and updates will be helpful to students who are interested in taking the same classes.
Applying to law school for Fall 2024!

UMPI
BA Accounting (In Progress)
BA History & Political Science (2022)

Florida State University
BS Economics (2022)
BS International Affairs (2022)
Minor Mathematics (2022)
(10-21-2022, 12:49 PM)uncoolbilly Wrote: Starting on a BA Management and Leadership on Monday and my scheduled courses are currently -

Fall 2 - Bus 200, Bus 244, Bus 335, Hum 103, Mat 140

Spring 1 - Bus 321, Bus 440,  Bus 469 and Bus 489

I need to find an additional course as I over did it on Study.com... any suggestions?

If I have extra time are there courses that are quick to complete...

No idea what you have completed so it's hard to recommend a course. Do you want an exam? Paper? Project? PowerPoint? Business course? Any subject?

(10-21-2022, 01:04 PM)ashkir Wrote: Also I heard they got added early, so you can get a head start this weekend!

People said that when I was enrolled at UMPI and never did my classes open before the first day of the session. I wish they would open for the weekend since we always started on a Monday or a Tuesday. The session that begins in January lost a day one year because of a holiday so we started a day later which was a bummer. 3 day weekend and nothing to do!
(10-19-2022, 08:34 PM)RbxFunRocks Wrote:
(10-19-2022, 08:03 PM)Kayg Wrote: Hello everyone - I’m starting Monday for the  Fall session 2, for a History and Political Science degree. Just like many of us, I’ve wanted to complete my degree for years and there’s been numerous reasons why that wasn’t feasible. I am so happy to be completing it now. I have scoured these boards over the last few months as I’ve prepared through Sophia and Study.com and am grateful to those that have contributed so much good information. I have 36 credits to complete my degree. I am hoping to do those 12 courses in two terms. Jessica graciously allowed me to pursue a minor in sociology since I have everything but one YourPace class for that. I started out years ago hoping to major in Sociology so am so happy to pursue that minor. If my employer agrees to pay for a business minor (they only pay for job-related classes) then I will do an additional term or two and pursue that as well. Again, I appreciate all the good information in this forum and am so happy to start my courses (English 102 and World Civ 1) on Monday.

Welcome to UMPI! Big Grin

Happy to see another person doing History + PoliSci. Starting out in Fall 2, too. Excited to see how this goes.

Good luck!

(10-19-2022, 08:19 PM)sksandorff90 Wrote: I had to take the 2nd summer term off for some family matters but caught up with some extra courses this term so that I can stay on track for my graduation goal.

I just sent in my final for my last class of the term, Medieval Europe. If you don't mind a lot of material to read or watch, and some creative writing, this class is a lot of fun. The professor gives well-thought-out, personalized feedback, usually within only a few hours of submitting your milestone.

There were 5 milestones of at least 500 words, writing as if you were observing different aspects of medieval life. The final project is 1500 words writing in the first person as if you are a person living in that time. It might be a bit of a slower class for some people, but I took my time on it and finished faster classes in the meantime.

Ooo, that sounds interesting. Might have to try it out for myself now lol

How would you say your experience with UMPI has been so far?

Good luck to you as well! What led you to a History and PoliSci degree? I love both, so am really excited for the UL classes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kayg's post:
  • RbxFunRocks
(10-21-2022, 06:55 PM)Kayg Wrote:
(10-19-2022, 08:34 PM)RbxFunRocks Wrote:
(10-19-2022, 08:03 PM)Kayg Wrote: Hello everyone - I’m starting Monday for the  Fall session 2, for a History and Political Science degree. Just like many of us, I’ve wanted to complete my degree for years and there’s been numerous reasons why that wasn’t feasible. I am so happy to be completing it now. I have scoured these boards over the last few months as I’ve prepared through Sophia and Study.com and am grateful to those that have contributed so much good information. I have 36 credits to complete my degree. I am hoping to do those 12 courses in two terms. Jessica graciously allowed me to pursue a minor in sociology since I have everything but one YourPace class for that. I started out years ago hoping to major in Sociology so am so happy to pursue that minor. If my employer agrees to pay for a business minor (they only pay for job-related classes) then I will do an additional term or two and pursue that as well. Again, I appreciate all the good information in this forum and am so happy to start my courses (English 102 and World Civ 1) on Monday.

Welcome to UMPI! Big Grin

Happy to see another person doing History + PoliSci. Starting out in Fall 2, too. Excited to see how this goes.

Good luck!

(10-19-2022, 08:19 PM)sksandorff90 Wrote: I had to take the 2nd summer term off for some family matters but caught up with some extra courses this term so that I can stay on track for my graduation goal.

I just sent in my final for my last class of the term, Medieval Europe. If you don't mind a lot of material to read or watch, and some creative writing, this class is a lot of fun. The professor gives well-thought-out, personalized feedback, usually within only a few hours of submitting your milestone.

There were 5 milestones of at least 500 words, writing as if you were observing different aspects of medieval life. The final project is 1500 words writing in the first person as if you are a person living in that time. It might be a bit of a slower class for some people, but I took my time on it and finished faster classes in the meantime.

Ooo, that sounds interesting. Might have to try it out for myself now lol

How would you say your experience with UMPI has been so far?

Good luck to you as well! What led you to a History and PoliSci degree? I love both, so am really excited for the UL classes.

Same! Political Science and History are my two favorite subjects. 

I was led to this degree from some searching around. On the WGU subreddit, I tried looking for some other CBE schools. In one post, I saw University of Wisconsin Flex. Trying to find more info about that, I stumbled upon DegreeForum Wiki. I found out about UMPI (and their $1.4k/term price) and the rest is History. 

A CBE History/PoliSci degree program feels perfect to me lol.
Applying to law school for Fall 2024!

UMPI
BA Accounting (In Progress)
BA History & Political Science (2022)

Florida State University
BS Economics (2022)
BS International Affairs (2022)
Minor Mathematics (2022)
Good start to classes, mine didn't start until 11pm CST on 10/24 as I expected (Maine is an hour ahead of me). I have the first two milestones complete for BUS 200 and will be finishing the third today. I took a few minutes to review Creative and Critical Thinking 2019 (HUM 103) and it seems straight forward though longer then I thought it would be. I still need to address being short a class, I have all of the required courses for the BABA - Management and Leadership track so it's just finding sometime the school will accept as filling the "residency" requirement. Bonus if its easy enough to boost the GPA.
(10-25-2022, 07:14 AM)uncoolbilly Wrote: Good start to classes, mine didn't start until 11pm CST on 10/24 as I expected (Maine is an hour ahead of me). I have the first two milestones complete for BUS 200 and will be finishing the third today. I took a few minutes to review Creative and Critical Thinking 2019 (HUM 103) and it seems straight forward though longer then I thought it would be. I still need to address being short a class, I have all of the required courses for the BABA - Management and Leadership track so it's just finding sometime the school will accept as filling the "residency" requirement. Bonus if its easy enough to boost the GPA.
If you enjoy political science at all, Dr Zaborney courses are great! They are usually 2-3 milestones and 1 final 1500 word paper. I enjoyed Constitutional Law, Modern Political Thought, Marxism.
I started BUS 353 Legal and Ethical Issues in Business, and BUS 325 Operational Management yesterday. I submitted all three of my milestones and finished all the quizzes for BUS 353 this morning! I'm going to wait until my milestones are reviewed and focus on BUS 325 before starting my final assignment for BUS 353.
[-] The following 2 users Like sksandorff90's post:
  • ss20ts, uncoolbilly
(10-25-2022, 10:40 AM)sksandorff90 Wrote: I started BUS 353 Legal and Ethical Issues in Business, and BUS 325 Operational Management yesterday. I submitted all three of my milestones and finished all the quizzes for BUS 353 this morning! I'm going to wait until my milestones are reviewed and focus on BUS 325 before starting my final assignment for BUS 353.

The Final Assessment for BUS353 was pretty interesting. That one really made you think about doing the right thing and how to go about it. 

BUS325 is Financial Management. This is an exam. Be really prepared for this one!

BUS415 is Operations Management. This one is a PowerPoint. Everything needed for the PowerPoint is in the course content. I have seen a lot of people struggle with this Final Assessment lately and I'm not sure why. I know some people are trying to skip the course content which doesn't work with this presentation.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is considered FT at UMPI YourPace for the Pell Grant? RachelB 3 147 03-26-2024, 05:50 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Yourpace admissions emcube 3 338 02-22-2024, 12:33 AM
  Commencement question (YourPace) rrrr 4 295 02-21-2024, 01:53 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Yourpace psychology degree PSY 496: Practicum Schlafen 10 1,225 02-18-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Fall 2023 Graduates/Diplomas Chankosumo 9 1,011 01-27-2024, 12:04 AM
Last Post: Claudia P
  Fastest UMPI YourPace degree with these credits RachelSG 4 874 01-24-2024, 05:11 PM
  Need help picking a degree for YourPace. SLHos 5 525 01-18-2024, 07:16 AM
Last Post: Duneranger
  UMPI YourPace Catalog Summer 2023 grogers14 20 6,582 01-17-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  UMPI YourPace Certificates Cocolisa1 0 435 12-05-2023, 07:07 PM
Last Post: Cocolisa1
  Increase in YourPace Programs Mint Berry Crunch 5 825 11-29-2023, 10:04 PM