Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fall 2022 - What is YourPace?
(10-25-2022, 11:22 AM)ss20ts Wrote:
(10-25-2022, 10:40 AM)sksandorff90 Wrote: I started BUS 353 Legal and Ethical Issues in Business, and BUS 325 Operational Management yesterday. I submitted all three of my milestones and finished all the quizzes for BUS 353 this morning! I'm going to wait until my milestones are reviewed and focus on BUS 325 before starting my final assignment for BUS 353.

The Final Assessment for BUS353 was pretty interesting. That one really made you think about doing the right thing and how to go about it. 

BUS325 is Financial Management. This is an exam. Be really prepared for this one!

BUS415 is Operations Management. This one is a PowerPoint. Everything needed for the PowerPoint is in the course content. I have seen a lot of people struggle with this Final Assessment lately and I'm not sure why. I know some people are trying to skip the course content which doesn't work with this presentation.

Yes, my mistake. I have Operations Management, with Financial Management on deck for when I finish one of my first two classes.

I generally try to work on my final projects as I make my way through the course content, but if people have been struggling with the final assessment, I will definitely take extra time on the Operations Management final.
[-] The following 1 user Likes sksandorff90's post:
  • ss20ts
Are journal entries required? I am a notion user so I keep all my notes in that system so I have a full archive of things that are important to me.
(10-25-2022, 12:47 PM)sksandorff90 Wrote: Yes, my mistake. I have Operations Management, with Financial Management on deck for when I finish one of my first two classes.

I generally try to work on my final projects as I make my way through the course content, but if people have been struggling with the final assessment, I will definitely take extra time on the Operations Management final.

Good luck!
Submitted the finals for HUM101 and BUS 200 this week, The draft function has me thinking I did really good on both class finals. I let Jessica know when I started my finals projects and she opened MAT140 and BUS244. These are going to be rough courses for me as they are both tests for the finals, I have a bit of test anxiety. The BUS 244 is at a different perspective then my 25+ years of experience in IT, so fighting my industry knowledge to get class knowledge answers has been a struggle.

I have not found a way to export the learning material for offline learning at UMPI making time available to read challenging as 8-10 hours a day are at a secure facility without cell or personal internet access availability. But I'm plugging along. These are the last two courses I had scheduled for the period, so I am continuing to consider a minor to go with the BABA M&L.
[-] The following 1 user Likes uncoolbilly's post:
  • ss20ts
(10-25-2022, 01:11 PM)uncoolbilly Wrote: Are journal entries required? I am a notion user so I keep all my notes in that system so I have a full archive of things that are important to me.

No the journals are not required. Neither are the discussions. 

The Milestones and quizzes are required.

(11-08-2022, 08:27 AM)uncoolbilly Wrote: I have not found a way to export the learning material for offline learning at UMPI making time available to read challenging as 8-10 hours a day are at a secure facility without cell or personal internet access availability. But I'm plugging along. These are the last two courses I had scheduled for the period, so I am continuing to consider a minor to go with the BABA M&L.

Some classes you can copy and paste the text to a Word document. Some classes have quizzes that lock the sections so you can't access it until you pass the quiz. I can't remember what that style quiz is called. 

BUS244 has Milestones. So those are short answer essays you need to complete. Some professors will unlock the course so you can keep going and you're not held up with waiting for them to affirm the Milestone. They do have to be completed to complete the class. Maybe you could work on those at work? 

Neither course is a difficult exam. With your experience BUS244 should be a walk in the park! Good luck!
noah winslow sucks. everything I do he keeps sending back. I followed the rubric exactly and he only responds with comments like "I don't understand your writing" or "use more headers". He requires essays in his freaken milestones

ashkir is my best friend and hasn't seen anything like that
(11-10-2022, 06:46 PM)braven Wrote: noah winslow sucks. everything I do he keeps sending back. I followed the rubric exactly and he only responds with comments like "I don't understand your writing" or "use more headers". He requires essays in his freaken milestones

Initially, I was not the biggest fan of Professor Winslow; however, after writing him directly with my final assignment and receiving a detailed and thoughtful response, I changed my tune. In the end, I found him to be a Professor looking for specific information fitting into his correct answer narrative. Once I was clear on that, producing a solid paper and receiving a strong score all fell into place.

As for the milestones, like the English Professor that others complain about, they don't allow you to produce fluff compared to other milestones. This creates frustration and can feel heavy in the requirement for a pass. Take the 3-5 lines out of your head and write until you have answered all the questions in detail. Most of my milestones for them ended up being two paragraphs, but I was in and out vs. getting denied and then frustrated. It ended up being better management of my time and mental state.

Hope this helps.
Virginia University of Lynchburg Doctorate of Healthcare Administration 2024
Universidad Isabel I / ENEB MBA & Master in Big Data and Business Intelligence, summa cum laude
University of Presque Isle BABA Management and Leadership, magna cum lauda
RANSOMSOUL
[-] The following 2 users Like KSoul's post:
  • amrly813, ss20ts
(11-11-2022, 04:35 PM)KSoul Wrote:
(11-10-2022, 06:46 PM)braven Wrote: noah winslow sucks. everything I do he keeps sending back. I followed the rubric exactly and he only responds with comments like "I don't understand your writing" or "use more headers". He requires essays in his freaken milestones

Initially, I was not the biggest fan of Professor Winslow; however, after writing him directly with my final assignment and receiving a detailed and thoughtful response, I changed my tune. In the end, I found him to be a Professor looking for specific information fitting into his correct answer narrative. Once I was clear on that, producing a solid paper and receiving a strong score all fell into place.

As for the milestones, like the English Professor that others complain about, they don't allow you to produce fluff compared to other milestones. This creates frustration and can feel heavy in the requirement for a pass. Take the 3-5 lines out of your head and write until you have answered all the questions in detail. Most of my milestones for them ended up being two paragraphs, but I was in and out vs. getting denied and then frustrated. It ended up being better management of my time and mental state.

Hope this helps.
I wrote almost ten pages for him. He responded it isn't detailed enough. I met with him, and he said I need to detail the financial impact of the organization more and show him the trail of financial assets. I don't have access to the organization's finances :/
(11-12-2022, 05:07 PM)braven Wrote: I wrote almost ten pages for him. He responded it isn't detailed enough. I met with him, and he said I need to detail the financial impact of the organization more and show him the trail of financial assets. I don't have access to the organization's finances :/

What class is Professor Winslow teaching? Can you just make up some numbers?
(11-12-2022, 05:07 PM)braven Wrote:
(11-11-2022, 04:35 PM)KSoul Wrote:

Hope this helps.
I wrote almost ten pages for him. He responded it isn't detailed enough. I met with him, and he said I need to detail the financial impact of the organization more and show him the trail of financial assets. I don't have access to the organization's finances :/

Don't overthink the request. You can pull numbers from the last earnings report if you have chosen a public company or from the prior year, as there will be ample financial details available on the selected company's website.

You mentioned almost ten pages with energy, which you feel is a lot of writing. With this assignment including images and graphs, under 1o pages is a pretty short submission, and probably this is what he is pushing back on as well. It's not that one couldn't pass with that amount; however, you must make sure you nail the rubric to pull it off.

Once you include the financials, it looks like you will be on the path to passing, so knock them out and keep it moving.
Virginia University of Lynchburg Doctorate of Healthcare Administration 2024
Universidad Isabel I / ENEB MBA & Master in Big Data and Business Intelligence, summa cum laude
University of Presque Isle BABA Management and Leadership, magna cum lauda
RANSOMSOUL

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  need advice on YourPace BBA Project Mgmt and Info Systems EducationSeeker 4 77 2 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI YourPace BLS w/ Management Minor Reference Plan valentvne 0 29 3 hours ago
Last Post: valentvne
  YourPace to regular online courses? RachelB 17 725 04-05-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Yourpace psychology degree PSY 496: Practicum Schlafen 12 1,571 04-02-2024, 08:48 AM
  What is considered FT at UMPI YourPace for the Pell Grant? RachelB 3 308 03-26-2024, 05:50 AM
  Yourpace admissions emcube 3 374 02-22-2024, 12:33 AM
  Commencement question (YourPace) rrrr 4 333 02-21-2024, 01:53 PM
  Fall 2023 Graduates/Diplomas Chankosumo 9 1,034 01-27-2024, 12:04 AM
Last Post: Claudia P
  Fastest UMPI YourPace degree with these credits RachelSG 4 970 01-24-2024, 05:11 PM
  Need help picking a degree for YourPace. SLHos 5 552 01-18-2024, 07:16 AM
Last Post: Duneranger