Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fall 2022 - What is YourPace?
(11-12-2022, 09:13 PM)KSoul Wrote:
(11-12-2022, 05:07 PM)braven Wrote:
(11-11-2022, 04:35 PM)KSoul Wrote:
(11-10-2022, 06:46 PM)braven Wrote: noah winslow sucks. everything I do he keeps sending back. I followed the rubric exactly and he only responds with comments like "I don't understand your writing" or "use more headers". He requires essays in his freaken milestones

ashkir is my best friend and hasn't seen anything like that

Initially, I was not the biggest fan of Professor Winslow; however, after writing him directly with my final assignment and receiving a detailed and thoughtful response, I changed my tune. In the end, I found him to be a Professor looking for specific information fitting into his correct answer narrative. Once I was clear on that, producing a solid paper and receiving a strong score all fell into place.

As for the milestones, like the English Professor that others complain about, they don't allow you to produce fluff compared to other milestones. This creates frustration and can feel heavy in the requirement for a pass. Take the 3-5 lines out of your head and write until you have answered all the questions in detail. Most of my milestones for them ended up being two paragraphs, but I was in and out vs. getting denied and then frustrated. It ended up being better management of my time and mental state.

Hope this helps.
I wrote almost ten pages for him. He responded it isn't detailed enough. I met with him, and he said I need to detail the financial impact of the organization more and show him the trail of financial assets. I don't have access to the organization's finances :/

Don't overthink the request. You can pull numbers from the last earnings report if you have chosen a public company or from the prior year, as there will be ample financial details available on the selected company's website.

You mentioned almost ten pages with energy, which you feel is a lot of writing. With this assignment including images and graphs, under 1o pages is a pretty short submission, and probably this is what he is pushing back on as well. It's not that one couldn't pass with that amount; however, you must make sure you nail the rubric to pull it off.

Once you include the financials, it looks like you will be on the path to passing, so knock them out and keep it moving.

Man. UMPI's milestones became harder since I did it. When I took that class, the milestones weren't that tough. 10 page milestones in the Master's were common. In the Undergrad it wasn't for me. How many more are like this? Braven is beyond stressed when he came over today.

Just to be clear: Braven is stuck on a milestone. He's not even at the final yet.
Dr. Ashkir DHA, MBA, MAOL, PMP, GARA
What class is this?
(11-13-2022, 02:35 PM)ashkir Wrote:
(11-10-2022, 06:46 PM)braven Wrote: noah winslow sucks. everything I do he keeps sending back. I followed the rubric exactly and he only responds with comments like "I don't understand your writing" or "use more headers". He requires essays in his freaken milestones

Initially, I was not the biggest fan of Professor Winslow; however, after writing him directly with my final assignment and receiving a detailed and thoughtful response, I changed my tune. In the end, I found him to be a Professor looking for specific information fitting into his correct answer narrative. Once I was clear on that, producing a solid paper and receiving a strong score all fell into place.

As for the milestones, like the English Professor that others complain about, they don't allow you to produce fluff compared to other milestones. This creates frustration and can feel heavy in the requirement for a pass. Take the 3-5 lines out of your head and write until you have answered all the questions in detail. Most of my milestones for them ended up being two paragraphs, but I was in and out vs. getting denied and then frustrated. It ended up being better management of my time and mental state.

Hope this helps.
I wrote almost ten pages for him. He responded it isn't detailed enough. I met with him, and he said I need to detail the financial impact of the organization more and show him the trail of financial assets. I don't have access to the organization's finances :/

Don't overthink the request. You can pull numbers from the last earnings report if you have chosen a public company or from the prior year, as there will be ample financial details available on the selected company's website.

You mentioned almost ten pages with energy, which you feel is a lot of writing. With this assignment including images and graphs, under 1o pages is a pretty short submission, and probably this is what he is pushing back on as well. It's not that one couldn't pass with that amount; however, you must make sure you nail the rubric to pull it off.

Once you include the financials, it looks like you will be on the path to passing, so knock them out and keep it moving.

Man. UMPI's milestones became harder since I did it. When I took that class, the milestones weren't that tough. 10 page milestones in the Master's were common. In the Undergrad it wasn't for me. How many more are like this? Braven is beyond stressed when he came over today.

Just to be clear: Braven is stuck on a milestone. He's not even at the final yet.

Thanks for clarifying. I thought he struggled with the milestone approval and was 10 pages deep into the final assignment. 10 pages on the milestones seem impossible; what could you be answering for the 2-5 questions in the milestones that would equal 10 pages?

My core advice on using the earnings report and financials shared on the company website still stands and should get you past the milestone.
Virginia University of Lynchburg Doctorate of Healthcare Administration 2024
Universidad Isabel I / ENEB MBA & Master in Big Data and Business Intelligence, summa cum laude
University of Presque Isle BABA Management and Leadership, magna cum lauda
RANSOMSOUL

Hope this helps.

A 10 page Milestone!?!?! That’s insane

Hope this helps.

10 pages for a milestone?!

I live near Purdue University and a lot of my coworkers are traditional students there. Unless they are in some crazy engineering class, most of them only have 10 pages or more due for midterms, finals, or group projects.
(11-13-2022, 09:44 PM)sksandorff90 Wrote:
(11-11-2022, 04:35 PM)KSoul Wrote: Initially, I was not the biggest fan of Professor Winslow; however, after writing him directly with my final assignment and receiving a detailed and thoughtful response, I changed my tune. In the end, I found him to be a Professor looking for specific information fitting into his correct answer narrative. Once I was clear on that, producing a solid paper and receiving a strong score all fell into place.

Hope this helps.

10 pages for a milestone?!

I live near Purdue University and a lot of my coworkers are traditional students there. Unless they are in some crazy engineering class, most of them only have 10 pages or more due for midterms, finals, or group projects.

it was asked before but never answered... WHAT COURSE IS THIS!!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes uncoolbilly's post:
  • ss20ts
Cody and Jessica was no help. I'm still stuck with Professor Winslow for my last class.

I'm taking Strategic Development with Milestones. I signed up for Business Analytics and ended up in Strategic Development. 

I'm just gonna drop out. Eff him. He's so slow at responding and I'm still not done with my first milestone with him. Every organization I choose he tells me to choose a different one and redo my analysis. I've done 9 rounds so far.
(11-21-2022, 01:38 AM)braven Wrote: Cody and Jessica was no help. I'm still stuck with Professor Winslow for my last class.

I'm taking Strategic Development with Milestones. I signed up for Business Analytics and ended up in Strategic Development. 

I'm just gonna drop out. Eff him. He's so slow at responding and I'm still not done with my first milestone with him. Every organization I choose he tells me to choose a different one and redo my analysis. I've done 9 rounds so far.

If this is literally your last class, I wouldn't drop out. Yet. There must be something that can be said to expedite the process. 9 papers and none of them being "good enough" is quite extreme.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
I spoke with Braven. Braven talked with his advisor and dropped the class entirely. It apparently isn't required for his degree, so he'll do a different class.
Dr. Ashkir DHA, MBA, MAOL, PMP, GARA
[-] The following 1 user Likes ashkir's post:
  • rachel83az
(11-21-2022, 01:38 AM)braven Wrote: Cody and Jessica was no help. I'm still stuck with Professor Winslow for my last class.

Ridiculous, I would drop it also

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI YourPace BLS w/ Management Minor Reference Plan valentvne 6 284 04-21-2024, 10:23 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  minimum age for UMPI students YourPace EducationSeeker 6 281 04-20-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: EducationSeeker
  need advice on YourPace BBA Project Mgmt and Info Systems EducationSeeker 4 172 04-19-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  YourPace to regular online courses? RachelB 17 750 04-05-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Yourpace psychology degree PSY 496: Practicum Schlafen 12 1,615 04-02-2024, 08:48 AM
  What is considered FT at UMPI YourPace for the Pell Grant? RachelB 3 330 03-26-2024, 05:50 AM
  Yourpace admissions emcube 3 392 02-22-2024, 12:33 AM
  Commencement question (YourPace) rrrr 4 343 02-21-2024, 01:53 PM
  Fall 2023 Graduates/Diplomas Chankosumo 9 1,039 01-27-2024, 12:04 AM
Last Post: Claudia P
  Fastest UMPI YourPace degree with these credits RachelSG 4 986 01-24-2024, 05:11 PM