Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fall 2022 - What is YourPace?
(11-21-2022, 01:38 AM)braven Wrote: Cody and Jessica was no help. I'm still stuck with Professor Winslow for my last class.

I'm taking Strategic Development with Milestones. I signed up for Business Analytics and ended up in Strategic Development. 

I'm just gonna drop out. Eff him. He's so slow at responding and I'm still not done with my first milestone with him. Every organization I choose he tells me to choose a different one and redo my analysis. I've done 9 rounds so far.

Is this BUS489 Business Policy & Strategy? This course has been mentioned previously. Maybe search through the threads and see if anything helps you. Have you scheduled a meeting with him for help?
Hi all. In the 3 days since I dropped Winslow, I managed to complete 3 other classes. I spent half of this term stuck on pleasing Winslow I should've dropped it earlier. Jessica told me it wasn't required for my major because I can do another class. So all I have now are upper level electives. I'll probably do political science for the remainder and get a minor in political science.

I just finished Arab-Israeli conflict. I'm doing European Government this weekend. I'll write my Modern Thoughts essay tomorrow (final). I asked for Vietnam Wars next. After that Cold War Films! I'll just need 1 more and 4 Sophia classes to graduate
[-] The following 2 users Like braven's post:
  • rachel83az, ss20ts
Today Braven finished his Modern Political Thoughts final and finished ARab-Irsraeli conflict. He's making good progress on European Government and is hoping to be finished with it early Saturday. He's so much less stressed now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ashkir's post:
  • KSoul
I'm feeling kind of lost with BUS 245. Some of the links are outdated and the material doesn't explain Visual Basic with much depth. I think I'll email the professor, because I haven't felt this unprepared for a final before.
(12-03-2022, 04:42 PM)amrly813 Wrote: I'm feeling kind of lost with BUS 245. Some of the links are outdated and the material doesn't explain Visual Basic with much depth. I think I'll email the professor, because I haven't felt this unprepared for a final before.

This class has greatly improved since I took it! I had to use a programming language that wasn't even covered in the course content. Definitely contact your professor. I know the professor I had is no longer with UMPI so my tips probably wouldn't help.
In this term I have completed:
Introduction to Ethics
World Civilization II
Project Management
Oral Communication
Marxism
Modern Political Thought
European Governments and the EU
Arab-Israeli Conflict
Vietnam Wars
Constitutional Law

I'm working on these two now:
Cold War Films
International Relations

I have 2 more milestones (1 each) and the final for the above two. Both are the best professor at UMPI, Professor Zabroney. I'm pretty sure I can squash this over the next few days! Dr. Z's feedback is very helpful and on point. The few times he rejected my work, he gave me an actual email or description of what I need to fix.

This has been a 12 year journey for me! I did community college from 18 to 21 and never got a degree. @Ashkir took my transcripts and got me a pierpont associates. He told me to go to UMPI and I did.

Never thought I'd have a Bachelors.

I'm the only one in my family who never got a bachelors. My parents and my sister and brother all got one. All of my cousins have one. My aunts and uncles have one. My entire life I've been told what to do, what to study. My mom forced me to go to med school and I pass out at blood. My dad tried to get me to be an accountant.

I'm Asian so I grew up with the expectation everything had to be perfect and I crashed hard in my twenties and never considered going back until I met and started dating Ashkir during the pandemic.

Jessica said because I did so many history and political science classes, I'll be given two minors.
[-] The following 4 users Like braven's post:
  • origamishuttle, Pikachu, rachel83az, ss20ts
I'm done now.
[-] The following 5 users Like braven's post:
  • ashkir, origamishuttle, P226mem, rachel83az, ss20ts
(12-03-2022, 05:21 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(12-03-2022, 04:42 PM)amrly813 Wrote: I'm feeling kind of lost with BUS 245. Some of the links are outdated and the material doesn't explain Visual Basic with much depth. I think I'll email the professor, because I haven't felt this unprepared for a final before.

This class has greatly improved since I took it! I had to use a programming language that wasn't even covered in the course content. Definitely contact your professor. I know the professor I had is no longer with UMPI so my tips probably wouldn't help.

It requires a VB program built in Visual Studio. The software and the programming language isn't covered in the class...
[-] The following 1 user Likes uncoolbilly's post:
  • origamishuttle
(12-12-2022, 03:52 PM)uncoolbilly Wrote:

It requires a VB program built in Visual Studio. The software and the programming language isn't covered in the class...

Then it changed back to what I had to deal with. It did change at one point. They weren't using VB for at least 1 semester. Makes no sense to use VB since it's not covered in the class. Did you get the program completed?
(12-12-2022, 04:23 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(12-12-2022, 03:52 PM)uncoolbilly Wrote:

Then it changed back to what I had to deal with. It did change at one point. They weren't using VB for at least 1 semester. Makes no sense to use VB since it's not covered in the class. Did you get the program completed?

I did get the program completed, and the teacher took the draft on Monday, returning it with an Complete - OK to submit reply.

The program took some serious time going through Youtube videos and I ended up an access database with it. I am not sure I learned as much as I should of during the process, as I didn't have to time to understand a lot of what I was following very deeply. I will be going back before the spring session and taking the time to understand the functions better though as I want to develop a time management and reporting app based on Rob Dyrdek's model.
[-] The following 2 users Like uncoolbilly's post:
  • amrly813, ss20ts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is considered FT at UMPI YourPace for the Pell Grant? RachelB 3 166 03-26-2024, 05:50 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Yourpace admissions emcube 3 341 02-22-2024, 12:33 AM
  Commencement question (YourPace) rrrr 4 295 02-21-2024, 01:53 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Yourpace psychology degree PSY 496: Practicum Schlafen 10 1,226 02-18-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Fall 2023 Graduates/Diplomas Chankosumo 9 1,011 01-27-2024, 12:04 AM
Last Post: Claudia P
  Fastest UMPI YourPace degree with these credits RachelSG 4 876 01-24-2024, 05:11 PM
  Need help picking a degree for YourPace. SLHos 5 525 01-18-2024, 07:16 AM
Last Post: Duneranger
  UMPI YourPace Catalog Summer 2023 grogers14 20 6,589 01-17-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  UMPI YourPace Certificates Cocolisa1 0 436 12-05-2023, 07:07 PM
Last Post: Cocolisa1
  Increase in YourPace Programs Mint Berry Crunch 5 826 11-29-2023, 10:04 PM