Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pierpont and 12cr requirment
Okay maybe this is a simple question but I didn't see it in search.  The AAS at Pierpont requires 12cr from another college and I see everyone mention local CCs or schools they attended long ago but I don't see where that requirement is for a butt in the seat sort of thing, just not all credits from testing or ACE transcript type coursework (study.com, straighterline, Saylor, etc.)  as I read it.

Wouldn't it be possible to still use online courses from a "real" college to fulfill this requirement?  If so what are some good low costs solutions?

I think I would like to try this with my HS age daughter (yes obviously there are some hoops we would need for her as she would not have a HS diploma yet, but lets skip that for the sake of discussion)
Former University of Pennsylvania Economics Major Trying to Restart
Currently working on Study.com Guardian Scholarship: Personal Finance, American Government, Environmental Science, Intro to Management, Hist Vietnam War - 15cr
ALEKs: Beginning/Intermediate/College Algebra - 9cr
The Institutes: Professional Ethics - 2cr
TEEX: All 3 Cyber Security - 6cr
CLEP:A&I Lit - 6cr
Sophia: Building Teams - 1cr
Kaplan: PLA - 3cr
Saylor: Env Ethics - 3cr
45cr down
A local CC, or else an inexpensive online one like NMJC or Rio Salado.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Absolutely, it can be online. The requirement is at least 12 hrs from a regionally accredited school. Your local CC , a CC online or online or in person at a 4 yr school.
23 year old son: BOG AAS from Pierpont CTC Dec 2019
Myself: BS Business/French-1991, Masters of Rehabilitation Counseling-1995, Completed the Poetry in America Series from HES for 20 credits in English in May 2019.
(07-03-2018, 10:33 PM)AJ_Atlanta Wrote: Okay maybe this is a simple question but I didn't see it in search.  The AAS at Pierpont requires 12cr from another college and I see everyone mention local CCs or schools they attended long ago but I don't see where that requirement is for a butt in the seat sort of thing, just not all credits from testing or ACE transcript type coursework (study.com, straighterline, Saylor, etc.)  as I read it.

Wouldn't it be possible to still use online courses from a "real" college to fulfill this requirement?  If so what are some good low costs solutions?

I think I would like to try this with my HS age daughter (yes obviously there are some hoops we would need for her as she would not have a HS diploma yet, but lets skip that for the sake of discussion)

If your daughter is in high school, she can take college courses through your local community college as a dual enrolled student. As to the AAS degree, she'll have to be 2 years post-high school diploma before she is eligible, and in that time it might be easier for her to just finish the AA at your local school, especially if she starts now- but if dual enrollment isn't free, it's possibly cheaper to do the Pierpont program.
(07-04-2018, 08:40 AM)cookderosa Wrote:
(07-03-2018, 10:33 PM)AJ_Atlanta Wrote: Okay maybe this is a simple question but I didn't see it in search.  The AAS at Pierpont requires 12cr from another college and I see everyone mention local CCs or schools they attended long ago but I don't see where that requirement is for a butt in the seat sort of thing, just not all credits from testing or ACE transcript type coursework (study.com, straighterline, Saylor, etc.)  as I read it.

If your daughter is in high school, she can take college courses through your local community college as a dual enrolled student.  As to the AAS degree, she'll have to be 2 years post-high school diploma before she is eligible, and in that time it might be easier for her to just finish the AA at your local school, especially if she starts now- but if dual enrollment isn't free, it's possibly cheaper to do the Pierpont program.

She is already "in line" for that program next year (well that really is only like 6 weeks away lol).
Former University of Pennsylvania Economics Major Trying to Restart
Currently working on Study.com Guardian Scholarship: Personal Finance, American Government, Environmental Science, Intro to Management, Hist Vietnam War - 15cr
ALEKs: Beginning/Intermediate/College Algebra - 9cr
The Institutes: Professional Ethics - 2cr
TEEX: All 3 Cyber Security - 6cr
CLEP:A&I Lit - 6cr
Sophia: Building Teams - 1cr
Kaplan: PLA - 3cr
Saylor: Env Ethics - 3cr
45cr down
[-] The following 1 user Likes AJ_Atlanta's post:
  • cookderosa

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pierpont price hike NOX 12 355 03-26-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  credit transfer process at Pierpont for AAS, BOG tdat314 3 158 03-26-2024, 05:38 AM
  International Students for Pierpont BOG AAS Program weelun 10 355 03-25-2024, 08:37 PM
  Update: Pierpont does not require HS Transcripts if you previously attended college Ares 5 548 03-14-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Pierpont BOG possible? JohnJ2024 2 546 03-14-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: JohnJ2024
  Anyone Have Issues Transferring Earned College Credits to Pierpont? Gumbeaux 17 819 03-07-2024, 11:38 AM
Information Sophia Courses to Avoid with the Pierpont BOG Degree Ares 24 1,465 02-27-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Working on Pierpont AAS Ariadne 19 1,210 02-25-2024, 11:06 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Questions - Pierpont Apply Now? Chimera 8 881 02-22-2024, 01:49 AM
  Sophia to Pierpont The need 2 learn 17 2,221 02-20-2024, 02:25 PM