Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fast and affordable parth to a Bachelors degree in IT for an International student
Hello everyone.
I am Chris Roberts and I currently live and work in Nigeria. I wish to advance in my career and I want to take the fastest (15 months or less Smile ) and most affordable (Maybe less than $3000) route to a BSc in Computer science or a related field.

I had my eye on SMC university, but the lack of accreditation is a concern for me. 
I like UoPeople but it takes 4 years to complete a degree.

Thanks to you guys I now know it is possible to get up to 90 credits from Saylor, study.com etc. and transfer to a BSc Program.
My question is how do I know which courses to take and which platform to use.

Pls I have no idea what CLEP/DSST/ECE means. Not just the acronyms but how they affect my journey to a BSc.

I have learned a lot from reading through posts on this forum, and it's possible the information I'm looking for is already out there, but because I am not from the US a lot of the information is a bit confusing to me. PLEASE HELP!

SUMMARY: I want a fast and affordable parth to a BSc in 15 months or less, costs $3k or less for an International student.
15 months or less - Possible.
$3k or less - Not Possible. The lowest number is closer to $6k and up (more at TESU).
COSC - Cheapest - however, I don't believe they have a standard IT or Computer Science degree (can anyone from the forum provide their input)
TESU - next option. https://www.tesu.edu/heavin/ba/computer-science
You can complete, 114 credits from alternative sources, saylor, SL, SDC, etc and transfer into COSC, TESU.
If you want a CS degree why did you list IT in the description. CS is not IT. I did a video on this check it out:

https://youtu.be/HT45rQw3WWQ

If you want cheap check University of the People.

If you want fast then TESU is a better option

If you want a nice compromise check out COSC. You can do a bachelors in general studies with a conc. in computer science. However nothing would stop you from putting a BS in Computer Science on your resume.
Cause I may be wrong but I dont think general studies is listed anywhere on your transcript.

COSC also gives you a chance to get a BS which a minority of employers may look at in better regard than a BA in CS.

Which country are you from?
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

(10-20-2019, 08:46 AM)armstrongsubero Wrote: If you want a CS degree why did you list IT in the description. CS is not IT. I did a video on this check it out:

https://youtu.be/HT45rQw3WWQ

If you want cheap check University of the People.

If you want fast then TESU is a better option

If you want a nice compromise check out COSC. You can do a bachelors in general studies with a conc. in computer science. However nothing would stop you from putting a BS in Computer Science on your resume.
Cause I may be wrong but I dont think general studies is listed anywhere on your transcript.

COSC also gives you a chance to get a BS which a minority of employers may look at in better regard than a BA in CS.

Which country are you from?

Thanks for clearing up the difference between CS and IT. I actually never knew this.
I am interested in a degree in IT not CS
Oh well in that case look at TESU their IT degree is quite solid. Or you can look at the information systems specialization from COSC.

Excelsior is also a good option.
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

(10-20-2019, 04:45 AM)HogwartsSchool Wrote: 15 months or less - Possible.
$3k or less - Not Possible. The lowest number is closer to $6k and up (more at TESU).
COSC - Cheapest - however, I don't believe they have a standard IT or Computer Science degree (can anyone from the forum provide their input)
TESU - next option. https://www.tesu.edu/heavin/ba/computer-science
You can complete, 114 credits from alternative sources, saylor, SL, SDC, etc and transfer into COSC, TESU.

Thanks.
Is there a way to know which courses to complete at saylor, SL etc ?
Can I use credits from more than one of these alternative sources ?

Like I mentioned earlier, I have very little knowledge of how the US schooling system works. Bear with me

(10-20-2019, 10:00 AM)armstrongsubero Wrote: Oh well in that case look at TESU their IT degree is quite solid. Or you can look at the information systems specialization from COSC.

Excelsior is also a good option.

Thanks.
Is there a way to know which courses to complete at saylor, SL etc ?
Can I use credits from more than one of these alternative sources ?
Yes you can use credits from multiple sources. Just make sure they are either ACE evaluated, or accepted directly by the school of your choice, and better yet, both.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Georgetown Coursera Bachelors smartdegree 73 9,018 03-18-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: SilentWarrior
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,462 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 482 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Seattle and Sydney Student News... bjcheung77 1 167 02-21-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Free or affordable Christian Chaplaincy Online Sowak777 4 369 02-21-2024, 06:39 AM
Last Post: The need 2 learn
  Amazing Student - High IQ bjcheung77 3 341 02-16-2024, 03:40 AM
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 436 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 251 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 772 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  NA to RA Degree Plan Assistance McManus 8 2,180 01-29-2024, 04:59 PM