Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clueless!!! Please Help...
(09-03-2021, 03:16 PM)Kab Wrote: My question is: should the credits be based in medice/ healthcare or can be of any type?
Since is a medical degree....

Sent from my NX591J using DegreeForum.net mobile app

They actually told me not to take any biology stuff (since they wont be able to add it on). So it can be in anything. I might just do some topics that are medicine adjacent (like drugs and alcohol) just to get the easy credits out of the way.

(09-03-2021, 11:13 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Further to the questions in regards to your required credits, we also need to know if they are lower level or upper level.  If these can be exams or classes, etc.  The more info we get, the more we can assist in helping you find those required courses.  

If I was to hazard a guess, it would most likely be RA credits and at the upper level credit requirement.  I highly doubt they would need you to get first year general education credits.  

Anyways, just curious, is there something wrong with your school?  Why was that "hidden"?  I don't think anything would be wrong with that school if the licensing board is asking about other things...

Honestly, its just a requirement that i have to fulfil; Can be any "college level" courses. I know for a fact that CLEP credit is accepted (since the lady i argued with regarding this issue used CLEP as an example of how i can fulfill this requirement). 

School is hidden because of privacy stuff. No other reason. Nothing wrong with the school. I think they just dont like the fact that i got it done in 5 years. Other states don't have this specific requirement and have already given me the medical license to practice. (but i already accepted a job in NY so thats why im trying to get this done).

Thanks for all the replies guys; its really helpfull.
So, that guess was the "other" one I had though of... haha, if that's the case, just randomly take any 5 easy 6 credit CLEP exams, some of them are worth 6 credits per exam... if there are anything you want to study and have an interest, the better, so you can retain more information. You just need to "fluff" up those 30 credits any way you can... My suggestions are, if you know another language or two, then take the ACTFL for them. If you like exams, take CLEP. If you like courses, take Sophia.org...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
If they do accept ACE, Sophia would arguably be the fastest and easiest way to rack up extra credits. It'd only be $80 for a month and, as long as you avoided courses with Touchstones (see https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/So...lency_List ), you could get the necessary 10 classes done in 1-2 months.

But they might not accept Sophia. CLEP is widely accepted as equivalent to college credit, but Sophia is newer and may be regarded with suspicion. I think that dfrecore's suggestion to take courses from a few different sources is a good one.

What I would probably do would be to sign up at Sophia and plan to take 4-5 courses there. While working on Sophia, take the Workplace Communication with Computers and World Populations UExcel exams (see review here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...est-Review ). If you know French, German, or Spanish, take that CLEP exam. If you know a different language, take the ACTFL test(s). https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/AC...Languages) 12-15 Sophia credits + 6 UExcel credits + 6 foreign language CLEP credits is 24-27 credits.

Take one or more of the following TECEPs to bring your credits up to 30: Learning in the Digital Age (DGL-101-TE), Computer Concepts and Applications (CIS-107-TE), World History from 1600 to Present (HIS-126-TE) (do not take if you happen to already have a World History class), Introduction To Critical Reasoning (PHI-130-TE). These exams should require little, if any, study on your part. You could probably pass all but the World History TECEP with 0 additional study. See https://www2.tesu.edu/listalltecep.php for test descriptions.

If the country where you attended medical school does not have English as an official language, you would need to submit a TOEFL score in order to take TECEPs. This is not necessary for UExcels. If you don't have a TOEFL, take more UExcels and/or CLEP exams to bring your credits up to 30.

This should give you a good mix of definitely accepted credits and possibly accepted credits that can be completed quickly, with minimal study, and at relatively low cost. The exams need to be scheduled ahead of time; usually at least 3-4 days before you plan to take them. Sophia can be completed whenever you have a spare moment.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • atahir25
OP, do you speak any language other than English fluently?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • atahir25
(09-05-2021, 11:12 AM)dfrecore Wrote: OP, do you speak any language other than English fluently?

I speak Urdu; but not as good as english. I would say that i speak it ok. Not sure if thats good enough to get college credit for. Do you have any experience with the language tests?

(09-05-2021, 02:44 AM)rachel83az Wrote: If they do accept ACE, Sophia would arguably be the fastest and easiest way to rack up extra credits. It'd only be $80 for a month and, as long as you avoided courses with Touchstones (see https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/So...lency_List ), you could get the necessary 10 classes done in 1-2 months.

But they might not accept Sophia. CLEP is widely accepted as equivalent to college credit, but Sophia is newer and may be regarded with suspicion. I think that dfrecore's suggestion to take courses from a few different sources is a good one.

What I would probably do would be to sign up at Sophia and plan to take 4-5 courses there. While working on Sophia, take the Workplace Communication with Computers and World Populations UExcel exams (see review here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...est-Review ). If you know French, German, or Spanish, take that CLEP exam. If you know a different language, take the ACTFL test(s). https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/AC...Languages) 12-15 Sophia credits + 6 UExcel credits + 6 foreign language CLEP credits is 24-27 credits.

Take one or more of the following TECEPs to bring your credits up to 30: Learning in the Digital Age (DGL-101-TE), Computer Concepts and Applications (CIS-107-TE), World History from 1600 to Present (HIS-126-TE) (do not take if you happen to already have a World History class), Introduction To Critical Reasoning (PHI-130-TE). These exams should require little, if any, study on your part. You could probably pass all but the World History TECEP with 0 additional study. See https://www2.tesu.edu/listalltecep.php for test descriptions.

If the country where you attended medical school does not have English as an official language, you would need to submit a TOEFL score in order to take TECEPs. This is not necessary for UExcels. If you don't have a TOEFL, take more UExcels and/or CLEP exams to bring your credits up to 30.

This should give you a good mix of definitely accepted credits and possibly accepted credits that can be completed quickly, with minimal study, and at relatively low cost. The exams need to be scheduled ahead of time; usually at least 3-4 days before you plan to take them. Sophia can be completed whenever you have a spare moment.

Thanks for your post; it is very helpful
If you speak it okay, you can probably get at least 6 credits for it from ACTFL. There are different levels of credits for each test that are based on how well you score.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Urdu is only available for the OPI (oral, non-computerized, $165) and WPT (Written, $108).

Just had a client take all 4 exams (OPIc, RPT, LPT, WPT), she thought the WPT was by far the hardest, and the OPIc was the easiest. She actually scored the lowest on the LPT (she said she ran out of time).

Anyway, I'd take the OPI if I spoke that language fluently.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA