Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fast courses to get 6 elective credits
Regarding my prior post I thought I saw something about CLEP, DSST and AP on the website, guess not. Definitely check with a counselor to see if and how these are accepted.
Thumbs Up 
(01-16-2019, 09:55 AM)natshar Wrote: Regarding my prior post I thought I saw something about CLEP, DSST and AP on the website, guess not. Definitely check with a counselor to see if and how these are accepted.

Sounds good!
(01-16-2019, 09:11 AM)hannah-joy Wrote: Thank you all for your help and suggestions! I'll definitely be considering them. I had targeted this school for a few different reasons, but I am keeping up a plan for TESU so everything I'm taking can fit into that plan too if this doesn't work out. 
Jennifer, thanks so much for sharing! My mom is not apart of Homeschooling for College Credit. I've actually been working with a friend who is doing a similar thing for her kids so we've been figuring it out together.

Well, it's just a free community like this one. You can join too, it's another tool for your toolbox. The distinction is that everyone there is still in high school (or their kids are) and homeschooled, so it's a big difference than here where most of us are adults who've already been through high school. The link under my name will take you to a landing page with all the groups for each state.
(01-16-2019, 03:56 PM)cookderosa Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 09:11 AM)hannah-joy Wrote: Thank you all for your help and suggestions! I'll definitely be considering them. I had targeted this school for a few different reasons, but I am keeping up a plan for TESU so everything I'm taking can fit into that plan too if this doesn't work out. 
Jennifer, thanks so much for sharing! My mom is not apart of Homeschooling for College Credit. I've actually been working with a friend who is doing a similar thing for her kids so we've been figuring it out together.

Well, it's just a free community like this one.  You can join too, it's another tool for your toolbox.  The distinction is that everyone there is still in high school (or their kids are) and homeschooled, so it's a big difference than here where most of us are adults who've already been through high school.  The link under my name will take you to a landing page with all the groups for each state.

That sounds great! I'll check it out.
‘Special Education History & Law’ on study.com could be used as a freeelective course. It has only 41 quizzes.

Classroom management, Differentiated instruction & foundations of education are all options too. They have between 56-70 quizzes, and are simple to follow.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
(01-16-2019, 07:57 PM)Supermind Wrote: ‘Special Education History & Law’ on study.com could be used as a freeelective course. It has only 41 quizzes.

Classroom management, Differentiated instruction & foundations of education are all options too. They have between 56-70 quizzes, and are simple to follow.

Thank you for the suggestions!
Any suggestions for a quick, 1-credit course? Preferably free, like NFA, Sophia etc. I have planned all of my academic evaluation requirements with my advisor at TESU. Just missing 1 credit. I could try ‘Intro to Sociology’ on Saylor, but I find it unbelievably long and boring for a 1-credit course! Any shorter, and more interesting options are welcome.

Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 

(02-11-2019, 01:29 AM)Supermind Wrote: Any suggestions for a quick, 1-credit course? Preferably free, like NFA, Sophia etc. I have planned all of my academic evaluation requirements with my advisor at TESU. Just missing 1 credit. I could try ‘Intro to Sociology’ on Saylor, but I find it unbelievably long and boring for a 1-credit course! Any shorter, and more interesting options are welcome.

Why don't you just take the exam and see if you pass?  Then, you don't have to take the actual Saylor course.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Will try. It is a new subject for me. I need to study some basic material.

(02-11-2019, 11:07 AM)Supermind Wrote: Will try. It is a new subject for me. I need to study some basic material.

I would choose a subject that was easy, and shoot for 3cr instead of 1cr.  Unless you already know the material, why waste your time on a 1cr course except to fit it perfectly into your degree plan.  Having a couple of extra credits is not a bad thing - it's not like they penalize you for not coming in at 120cr exactly!

Find the easiest course/exam that you think you can pass, and take that.  A CLEP using MS is probably your best bet if you want free.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 78 Yesterday, 07:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 371 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,609 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,788 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
  How to get ACE credits such as Sophia on official college transcript Student3452 18 4,862 03-08-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Gumbeaux
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,390 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  FREE Voucher for Microsoft AI Skills Challenge coming soon - potential ACE credits BritStudent 7 399 03-07-2024, 12:35 PM
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 6 545 03-03-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 967 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 1,803 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares