Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fast track bachelors degree
Hi all I’m sure this question has been asked here several times. But I am looking for ways to fast track my degree. I currently have 50 credits at my local college but I was hoping I could I could get the tensing 70 credits needed for my bachelors in relative short order. I’ve read a bit about CLEP and instantcert. Just wanted to see if someone can point me in the right direction to see where I should start.  Smile
What degree do you want?

You're probably going to do best one of 2 ways:

1) take the remaining credits through Sophia and/or Study.com and then transferring everything to one of the Big 3

2) going through a competency-based program

I would spend significant time here reading through the forum to see what these things all mean.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
It's also best to provide more details, such as what the courses you have taken are, so we don't recommend duplicating courses. If you're missing a math/stats course, take the CSM Learn. For the bulk of your remaining general education courses, sign up for Sophia.org and if you're needing Upper Level courses, Study.com has the most. Last but not least, skip the CLEP or any that requires a testing location, most if not all are closed. Keep using ACE credits for now from the recommended providers on the Wiki.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Pikachu
What degree do you want? What credits do you have? The advice you get will depend upon the answers to these questions. Otherwise, we're just guessing. If you hope to get a degree at your local college with alternate credits, it's probably not happening. You'll need to transfer to COSC, Excelsior, or TESU. UMPI or WGU are attractive options if you're able to move through courses quickly. But, again, this all depends on exactly what degree you want and what you bring to the table.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(01-06-2021, 01:27 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: It's also best to provide more details, such as what the courses you have taken are, so we don't recommend duplicating courses.  If you're missing a math/stats course, take the CSM Learn.  For the bulk of your remaining general education courses, sign up for Sophia.org and if you're needing Upper Level courses, Study.com has the most.  Last but not least, skip the CLEP or any that requires a testing location, most if not all are closed.  Keep using ACE credits for now from the recommended providers on the Wiki.

Hi, I will continue to research. Not sure exactly what Sophia.org is but im assuming I can earn credits and then transfer to my college ? I am pursuing a bachelors in business administration. The classes I have taken are attached. thanks in advance for the support.

Attached Files
.png   Screen Shot 2021-01-06 at 10.45.41 PM.png (Size: 204.02 KB / Downloads: 31)
(01-06-2021, 10:52 PM)Rocketgrass Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 01:27 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: It's also best to provide more details, such as what the courses you have taken are, so we don't recommend duplicating courses.  If you're missing a math/stats course, take the CSM Learn.  For the bulk of your remaining general education courses, sign up for Sophia.org and if you're needing Upper Level courses, Study.com has the most.  Last but not least, skip the CLEP or any that requires a testing location, most if not all are closed.  Keep using ACE credits for now from the recommended providers on the Wiki.

Hi, I will continue to research. Not sure exactly what Sophia.org is but im assuming I can earn credits and then transfer to my college ? I am pursuing a bachelors in business administration. The classes I have taken are attached. thanks in advance for the support.

Those are all good courses to have, they will fit into just about any degree plan at any school we discuss on this forum.

I'm going to say that you need to spend some good quality time reading through the forum, every thread, every post on each thread, for a couple of months to figure out what we're discussing here.

Sophia is a course provider where the courses are ACE-recommended for college credit.  If you have a school already in mind, this may or may not work.  So, I'd suggest looking at the schools we talk about most here: The Big 3.  You take your current credits, a few with Sophia, the rest with Study.com (or Davar), send them all to TESU, enroll and take the cornerstone and capstone, and you're done.  

1) TESU (Thomas Edison State University) will be the easiest to get a BSBA through; although they're the most expensive of the 3, they also have the fewest UL requirements and multiple concentrations you can do.  $6700 to TESU for tuition & fees for 6cr, you bring in 114cr.

2) EC (Excelsior College) will be the 2nd most expensive school, and they've recently made some changes to equivalencies for some courses making it somewhat harder to complete, but since you're bringing in credits from a CC, you're probably ok.  $5300 to EC for 7cr, you bring in 113cr.  OR, you can pay $5850 to take 13cr there, and you bring in 108cr.

3) COSC (Charter Oak State College) will be the least expensive school, and you have enough CC credits to bypass their monkey wrench (30cr from an actual school) so you're good.  $3200 to COSC for tuition & fees for 6cr, you bring in 114cr.

Any of these are good options, and will get you a degree faster than a traditional school; it's up to you what you want to prioritize.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • StoicJ
Did COSC change the credit policy like TESU? Or it was just TESU? Thank you!
COSC changed theirs first.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
But, we still can take the credits from other institutions and transfer to these colleges? You just can’t transfer is courses from Sophia, Study... right?
There's a few different transfer policies. I'll only speak to TESU, since I'm not familiar with COSC.

https://www.tesu.edu/admissions/transfer-credit

Community College max: 90 Credits
4-Year College max: No Maximum

ACE/NCCRS providers: Used to be interpreted as 90 credits max per provider, now will be interpreted as 90 credits maximum from all ACE/NCCRS/Alternate Credit sources. I am assuming it's 90 credits per degree, but I don't know if that's the truth.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 21 238 9 minutes ago
Last Post: ss20ts
  Potential Degree Input, Please curious 4 111 3 hours ago
Last Post: curious
  Degree Planning- MS degree dodek101 7 260 Yesterday, 12:01 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  DBA degree: online, 2-3 years, top US or UK school, accredited absamer 22 1,469 03-26-2024, 11:54 PM
Question 40 something would love some guidance on how/where/what Bachelors to get! joyfulhelper 5 194 03-26-2024, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Hotdogman1
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 28 1,845 03-26-2024, 06:00 AM
  Masters Degree in Texas Melhux 3 170 03-26-2024, 05:45 AM
  Associates after Bachelors? 2nd Bachelors aslhou 16 557 03-25-2024, 08:41 PM
  Almost 40 year old with foreign BA in English degree and Santa Monica College Cert KMcLean 12 946 03-25-2024, 08:12 PM
  IT Degree Options Advice theredwallflower 4 557 03-23-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: theredwallflower