Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fastest Path to Associates Degree?
Ok.  So I currently have 49 Credits from my CC and 12 at Sophia.  So I have 61 credits.  I had planned on getting my BA, so not trying to get the AA, BUT I have a job opportunity that has presented itself that requires an Associate's at the least...which I would like to have this job while working towards the BA.  

Sooooo... Just wondering what the quickest/cheapest route to turning those credits into an AA is?  

Thanks.
If you have no degree, check out the Pierpont BOG AAS. Do a search and you'll see the steps to get it done. It's not super fast, but it is free and you may have everything you need. Posting what courses you have, the grade, and the credit hours can help us figure it all out for you.
Upcoming Degrees:
Master of Arts in Social Science (conc. Sociology) - Georgia Southern University - April 2025
Up Next (Decision MADE!)
Ph.D in Criminal Justice (Intelligence) - UNG
Finished Degrees and Certificates: 
AAS Board of Governors - Pierpont Community & Technical College  8/2021
AS Business Administration (cum laude) -  Franklin University 9/2022
Grant Writing Certificate- Fort Hays State University - 11/2022
BS Social Science (cum laude) - Franklin University 12/2022

So I don't have the grades on this....pulled it from a spreadsheet I made to track myself...but I had like 1 C for one class and everything else was A & B.  I think the C was one of the Econ semesters.

Attached Files
.pdf   Credits 4-16-21.pdf (Size: 43.87 KB / Downloads: 30)
X2 on the Pierpont BOG AAS. It's actually a pretty simple and straightforward process today, the biggest problem is waiting many weeks to get your transcripts reviewed and audited.
Reviewing your list of credits, I think you're good for the Pierpont degree, as suggested. https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Pierpont_C%26TC

Business information systems should take care of computer literacy. However, I would suggest that you go ahead and take Sophia's Intro to IT while you are waiting for the application process at Pierpont to go through. You will have 7-14 days before you get a paper letter with your Pierpont information in it so you might as well use that wait to get that class just in case.

If you start today, you should have your degree from Pierpont by August. That should be both the fastest and the cheapest because everywhere else will want you to take at least one class at the school - something that adds additional time and money to the cost.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
I suggest getting everything sent in for the BOG AAS as well, this is because they may be changing their requirements around as they're either rejecting or approving a merger with another college/university. Get this done asap as it's the cheapest/easiest/fastest option for you!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
fwiw, sometimes the Pierpont process can be quick. Here is my experience:

Day 1: applied for admission to Pierpont, requested transcripts from brick & mortar and Acclaim
Day 6: got my acceptance letter with login info
Day 17: checked ROAR, transcript info not posted yet
Day 25: checked ROAR again, all transcript info was posted to my unofficial Pierpont transcript!
Day 30: contacted Nancy via email, introduced myself as a BOG student
Day 33: degree audit was done and I was cleared to apply for graduation
Then it's just a matter of waiting for graduation
Day 79: touched base with Nancy just to see if I was still good to go.... yup
--
Virtual graduation ceremony is supposed to be on Day 100

Smile

As you can see, I basically was okayed to graduate by Day 33, and I wasn't all over this thing. Figured the people calling the shots were pros and I didn't want to push.
College (146): RA (134), NA (12)
ACE-recommended (105): Sophia (53), Study (28), Google (12), TEEX (10), Institutes (2)
ECTS (69): ENEB (65), LUT (2), XAMK (2)
IN PROGRESS:

Certificate- Google Data Analytics
Bachelor- Cybersecurity Technology (105/120) /
 Organizational Leadership (99/120)
Certification- CompTIA A+
DONE:
Certificate- Google IT Support

Associates- Business Administration /  BoG (History)
Undergrad certificate- Computer Networking
MBA
[-] The following 2 users Like StoicJ's post:
  • rachel83az, TINASAM
(04-16-2021, 03:50 PM)StoicJ Wrote: Day 25: checked ROAR again, all transcript info was posted to my unofficial Pierpont transcript!

That was fast! I'm on day 43 (or is it 44?) and only credits from ASU have appeared so far. ONU and ACE transcripts are still in limbo.
MSML, WGU 2022
BAS, UMPI, 2021
AAS, Pierpont C&TC, 2021

ACE (119): Sophia, 93; TEEX, 5; SDC, 12; ACTFL, 6
RA (50): ASU, 8; ONU, 3; UMPI, 39
NA (16) : UoPeople, 16
Other: ENEB/Isabel I, MBA (2021)
Also dropped a gazillion of classes!!

Family members work on degrees at Ashworth, TESU, Purdue, UMPI, NationsU
Yeah, 25 days is crazy fast to see transcripted credits appear in ROAR. I've seen it take ten weeks.
I know this is probably an unnecessary question, but what about your current CC? The two CCs that I attended both have AA degrees that are meant as university transfers and both would accept a few hours of ACE credits. Best I can tell, you would meet the requirements at one of my CC’s and would me 1 class short at the other.
Master of Accountancy (taxation concentration), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress. 
Master of Business Administration (financial planning specialization), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress.

BA, UMPI.  Accounting major; Business Administration major/Management & Leadership concentration.  Awarded Dec. 2021.

In-person/B&M: BA (history, archaeology)
In-person/B&M: MA (American history)

Sophia: 15 courses (42hrs)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thoughts on path to BA for drug/alcohol counselors studyingfortests 4 61 53 minutes ago
Last Post: davewill
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 32 427 1 hour ago
Last Post: crowbird
  Educational Degree Planning Help nhmimi 0 30 3 hours ago
Last Post: nhmimi
  Path Recommendation for 50 y.o. male in US ill13 13 731 6 hours ago
Last Post: ill13
  Potential Degree Input, Please curious 4 130 Today, 06:39 AM
Last Post: curious
  Degree Planning- MS degree dodek101 7 272 Yesterday, 12:01 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  DBA degree: online, 2-3 years, top US or UK school, accredited absamer 22 1,472 03-26-2024, 11:54 PM
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 28 1,850 03-26-2024, 06:00 AM
  Masters Degree in Texas Melhux 3 174 03-26-2024, 05:45 AM
  Associates after Bachelors? 2nd Bachelors aslhou 16 561 03-25-2024, 08:41 PM