Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fastest Path to a Bachelor's (and Master's) in Psychology for me
(03-14-2023, 04:58 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Gotcha! Thank you so much for all of your knowledge with this!!

So, you do not have to take SPECIFIC courses they list except ones specific to the degree.

In the Knowledge of Human Cultures area, you need 1 Social Science (which you don't have since Sociology satisfies the Diversity requirement), 1 History course (you have AP US History for 6cr), 1 Humanities course (this is satisfied with the remaining 3cr of AP US History), and then 2 courses from Social Sciences or Humanities.  

Got it, thanks!
So Intro to Psych would satisfy that last social science requirement, then?

The "Computers" requirement MAY be satisfied by your programming course, which is why I said you MIGHT have to take something like Intro to IT.

Do they do a "preliminary" credit transfer check, or do I only get told once I enroll?
Because from what I understand, it's generally recommended to knowck out the alt credits before applying, no?

The capstone and cornerstone can be taken at the same time, or you may choose to take them in different terms, it's up to you.

Would you consider it too intense to take both at the same time?
It sounds like it would be just those two courses, assuming I do everything else on Sopia/ SDC right?

This BSTS is by far THE best use of your current credits if TESU will bring them in the way I (and you) hope.

So good to know, thank you for this clarity.
(03-14-2023, 07:20 PM)Ninjadude Wrote: Do they do a "preliminary" credit transfer check, or do I only get told once I enroll?
Because from what I understand, it's generally recommended to knowck out the alt credits before applying, no?

Actually, for TESU specifically, it is best that you apply ASAP and enroll as soon as you are sure that you will continue and/or you need more degree evaluations.

Application at TESU costs $50. Applicant status allows for 2 degree audits/evaluations. Students who only have a single transcript only need to apply and send it in to see where their credits will go. Applicant status lasts for 12 months or until full enrollment, whichever is first.

Students who have multiple transcripts should enroll ASAP to unlock unlimited degree audits/evaluations. This involves applying, sending in all transcripts, and paying for (BUT NOT TAKING) the Medical Terminology TECEP. This TECEP costs $52.

After the year is up, students either need to enroll or to extend enrollment by paying for the Medical Terminology TECEP again or by taking an actual class at TESU.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(03-15-2023, 04:06 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(03-14-2023, 07:20 PM)Ninjadude Wrote: Do they do a "preliminary" credit transfer check, or do I only get told once I enroll?

Actually, for TESU specifically, it is best that you apply ASAP and enroll as soon as you are sure that you will continue and/or you need more degree evaluations.

Application at TESU costs $50. Applicant status allows for 2 degree audits/evaluations. Students who only have a single transcript only need to apply and send it in to see where their credits will go. Applicant status lasts for 12 months or until full enrollment, whichever is first.

Students who have multiple transcripts should enroll ASAP to unlock unlimited degree audits/evaluations. This involves applying, sending in all transcripts, and paying for (BUT NOT TAKING) the Medical Terminology TECEP. This TECEP costs $52.

After the year is up, students either need to enroll or to extend enrollment by paying for the Medical Terminology TECEP again or by taking an actual class at TESU.

So in this process that you're suggesting, I wouldn't pay any tuition besides the Med Term TECEP fee?
Just the $50 to apply and $52 for the Med Term TECEP?

And that would allow me to get my transcripts/ credits evaluated to assess which classes I need to take externally, correct?

Then, once I get extra credits, do I need to reapply or I can automatically get those extra credits transferred in without anything additional?

Thanks!
In order to get your credits evaluated, you do NOT need to pay anything aside from the $50 application fee and (optionally) the $52 Medical Terminology TECEP.

If you apply today, March 15th, your "Applicant Status" would last until March 15, 2024.

If you pay for the Medical Terminology TECEP right now, you will become an enrolled student as of approximately April 10, 2023 and your enrollment would last until ~April 10, 2024. When fully enrolled, you can continue to transfer in credits as you earn them. If you don't finish with your credits before April 2024 (which is probably unlikely), you would simply pay for the TECEP again to extend enrollment for another year. Or you could take the capstone/cornerstone classes, which would also extend enrollment.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • jch
(03-15-2023, 02:12 PM)rachel83az Wrote: In order to get your credits evaluated, you do NOT need to pay anything aside from the $50 application fee and (optionally) the $52 Medical Terminology TECEP.

If you apply today, March 15th, your "Applicant Status" would last until March 15, 2024.

If you pay for the Medical Terminology TECEP right now, you will become an enrolled student as of approximately April 10, 2023 and your enrollment would last until ~April 10, 2024. When fully enrolled, you can continue to transfer in credits as you earn them. If you don't finish with your credits before April 2024 (which is probably unlikely), you would simply pay for the TECEP again to extend enrollment for another year. Or you could take the capstone/cornerstone classes, which would also extend enrollment.

Perfect, thank you so much, Rachel!!
(03-14-2023, 07:20 PM)Ninjadude Wrote:
(03-14-2023, 04:58 PM)dfrecore Wrote: So Intro to Psych would satisfy that last social science requirement, then? Yes

Do they do a "preliminary" credit transfer check, or do I only get told once I enroll? You get an eval of credits up front
Because from what I understand, it's generally recommended to knowck out the alt credits before applying, no? We recommend applying to TESU right away, but not because of knocking out credits - instead, it's to lock in your catalog.  TESU generally makes changes on July 1 for the new year, and they can be big changes, so it's best to get that catalog locked in right away.

Would you consider it too intense to take both at the same time? Tons of people on here do both at the same time.  The conerstone is a lot less work.  But if you're a FT college student, you're probably taking 4 or 5 courses at the same time; 2 is definitely doable.

It sounds like it would be just those two courses, assuming I do everything else on Sopia/ SDC right? Correct
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WGU Advice - Bachelor's or Master's in Education? nykorn 3 388 04-15-2024, 10:55 AM
Last Post: RachelB
  Dr Tree Man - BA in Psychology - UMPI YourPace Dr Tree Man 12 469 04-13-2024, 08:29 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Review my plan for UMPI Psychology Major & Educational Studies Minor - Please :) RachelB 11 1,069 04-07-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Degree planning advice, fastest way, need help Bikingrox211 19 1,293 04-06-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Bikingrox211
  Fastest & Easiest UMPI Bachelor's shawnette 8 365 04-05-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Path to MSW with no degree and 52! BELEEMA 11 441 04-03-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Thoughts on path to BA for drug/alcohol counselors studyingfortests 10 369 03-30-2024, 01:50 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
Smile Path/degree recommendation for a 40 yr old man with no degree Freyo27 5 193 03-29-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Freyo27
  Bachelors Psychology to Masters advice Nexum 5 440 03-28-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: BELEEMA
  Path Recommendation for 50 y.o. male in US ill13 13 865 03-28-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: ill13